onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reserves v Doncaster 1pm today

PV1973

Legge's one of these players who only plays properly when he has to. I don't agree with it, but it's why he looked so awful in pre season, why he looks so bad in the reserves but put in his best performance of the season at Crewe in what some (not me) would describe as a Derby.

Advert

Agree on Legge and I think these games are more important for the younger players. The Legges and Pughs have nothing to prove in these games IMO.

Without being there I think Whelan coming off at half time says that maybe he had a bad half, I don’t believe he was being saved for saturdays game.

When you look at some of the loans we’ve had who’ve struggled to make an impact it hits home how these days players just aren’t ready to make the jump. In that regard our own homegrown youngsters are very underrated. Doesn’t seem so long ago that teams would regularly be having youth players making their debuts at 16, reality is that was what football was like probably over 30 years ago now.

It’s even worse for the lads at big clubs who are stockpiling players til their early 20s and they’re getting little experience of men’s football.

It looks like all our hopes rest on the inconsistent Whitfield and the hot headed Miller.

Someone has to step up to the plate and score a few goals or we're doomed.

We need 5 wins [ 15 points ]

5 one nil wins is all we can hope for

We need 5 clean sheets minimum

any extra clean sheets will give us an odd point or two

We need 5 goals

It has to be - Pope x 3 [ 2 pens ]

Hannant x 1 [ free kick ]

Own goal x 1

Brown has to remain on top form

Hopefully Howkins, when fit and Crookes will help us achieve this.

The above is why Aspin played with 7 defenders

This is why Askey will have to be very brave to change our style

Can the current players we have attack more, score more goals

AND still protect a poor defence

Our squad, although some better players than previous years, is a terrible squad and possibly the worst balanced squad in the last 3 years

I don't think this squad can attack and score goals but maybe we have to chance it and see. All else seems to fail again and again

By the way we need 3 of those five wins in the next six games or so.

and yes I blame Smurf above anyone else for our demise over the last 3 years and current position.

Hope and pray we stay up but then what about next year ???

That's how desperate it is and how I see it

We need 5 wins [ 15 points ]

5 one nil wins is all we can hope for

We need 5 clean sheets minimum

any extra clean sheets will give us an odd point or two

We need 5 goals

It has to be - Pope x 3 [ 2 pens ]

Hannant x 1 [ free kick ]

Own goal x 1

Brown has to remain on top form

Hopefully Howkins, when fit and Crookes will help us achieve this.

The above is why Aspin played with 7 defenders

This is why Askey will have to be very brave to change our style

Can the current players we have attack more, score more goals

AND still protect a poor defence

Our squad, although some better players than previous years, is a terrible squad and possibly the worst balanced squad in the last 3 years

I don't think this squad can attack and score goals but maybe we have to chance it and see. All else seems to fail again and again

By the way we need 3 of those five wins in the next six games or so.

and yes I blame Smurf above anyone else for our demise over the last 3 years and current position.

Hope and pray we stay up but then what about next year ???

That's how desperate it is and how I see it

Could not agree with you more. Spot on.

It looks like all our hopes rest on the inconsistent Whitfield and the hot headed Miller.

Someone has to step up to the plate and score a few goals or we're doomed.

Would not Whitfield, certainly in part, be inconsistent because Neil, and the way he played him, kept swapping him then not playing him at all and in doing so destroyed the boy's confidence?

As for Miller being hot headed and I agree, he certainly plays on the edge, but I rate him, and I still think he has it in him to score goals regularly.........however what the two have in common, and that equally applies to Pope,Harris and even Elliot, is they get so few chances to score.

Yes, before people remind me, I know Whits missed a right one on one sitter a few months ago, and Pope a dolly tap in that my Mum may have scored from Saturday, but whoever plays up front is rushing around feeding off scraps, so I would in contrast suggest, regardless of who plays, we are resting our hopes more on suddenly creating some good chances than taking them. A problem that has been with us since the start of the season.

To do that though, and here's the worry, Askey would either have to change the personnel as clearly the current team are creating next to nothing, or by design, press much higher up the pitch and in doing so commit a lot more energy and bodies going forward...the question surely is will he?

Add up the football league games played from our side yesterday and then the same for the very young donny side. The result flattered us. I was underwhelmed by the application of the side and the quality was poor. My first game in 7 years due to living abroad and the changes are huge and not for the better. Sorry for the negativity ladies and gents but it’s just my opinion

Archived