onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Move with MO ?

grebovale

The atmosphere against Shrewsbury last season and a Tuesday night game was the best I've seen at vale park for years and years.

After the final whistle the chants of we are top of the league were awesome, and really loud. The top of the railway was rocking!!

Yea when the whole crowd chant together it is fantastic but sad as it is to see you can see blank faces in the bycars and lorne street when it comes to singing.

Advert

You're talking crap if you think the atmosphere was good there was the odd spurt where fans chanted together but it wasn't great and heaard much better in the 90s when the crowds sneaked over 10k.

Im talking crap if i thought the atmosphere was "Good" against Notts County and Shrewsbury?

It wasnt great?

Nonsense again.

I like VP. The atmoshere factor is largely dependent on how confident the supporters are of success.

I don't want a new ground... a Wembley, a Deva, a whatever. I want VP with a board of directors that supporters can forget about and channel their energies into shouting their joy.

Mr Gallifrey, you're barking up the wrong tree. It's not VP, it's just the supporters general feeling..... Apathy

Not sure if its true or not but you could sell the idea to him if he had his own property company. I can hear the signal advert now.......

Sick of you old house, do the poor keep nicking your things because all their stuff is cheap crap from B&M. Well why not MOVE WITH MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not sure if its true or not but you could sell the idea to him if he had his own property company. I can hear the signal advert now.......

Sick of you old house, do the poor keep nicking your things because all their stuff is cheap crap from B&M. Well why not MOVE WITH MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think you've been playing at Farmville with your buddy a little bit too often.:ohmy:

If we want Vale to climb the leagues back to Championship level then fundamental change is needed and that could involve a stadium move if the land at Burslem is valuable and can be used for another purpose. It is a scary idea because it can be done like Chester - hopeless stadium at the back of an industrial estate. On the otherhand I was impressed with the stadium Shrewsbury have and other clubs like Doncaster and Swansea etc have moved and modernised.

I like Vale Park, but three out of four stands don't produce any revenue. The Lorne Street stand could remain if the stadium was decommissioned and perhaps the building extended or it could be demolished with the rest and turned in to something else like a housing estate.

We may have to accept that idea, but I would hope MC declared that up front and did not follow the current board's lead in not stating the truth.

If we want Vale to climb the leagues back to Championship level then fundamental change is needed and that could involve a stadium move if the land at Burslem is valuable and can be used for another purpose. It is a scary idea because it can be done like Chester - hopeless stadium at the back of an industrial estate. On the otherhand I was impressed with the stadium Shrewsbury have and other clubs like Doncaster and Swansea etc have moved and modernised.

I like Vale Park, but three out of four stands don't produce any revenue. The Lorne Street stand could remain if the stadium was decommissioned and perhaps the building extended or it could be demolished with the rest and turned in to something else like a housing estate.

We may have to accept that idea, but I would hope MC declared that up front and did not follow the current board's lead in not stating the truth.

Would have to be an economic decision, modernise VP as we grow with Mo, or someone else. The alternative is to relocate using the sale of VP to finance part of it. I am sure a statement will be made as part of the presentations to the interim board by all parties.

Why go into more debt by investing in a new stadium?

The club can't pay it's way already. I would think that the biggest burden is the £2 million plus owed to the council.

Vale Park is one of the best grounds in league one and two.

We just need a new board of directors with ambition, a business brain and some capital. Tha ground will eventually be filled with twice as many supporters that it presently attracts.

I have read this thread with quite a bit of amusement. Move with Mo? It reminds me very much of GO and the former board members who did all in their power to discredit Mo by ensuring all sorts of ill-founded rumour appeared in the public domain.*

I remember before the last EGM having a discussion with someone in the Leopard who truly believed Mo was going to build a second Water Park on the site!

All this nonsense about the site being sold and Vale moving really is quite comical. This issue, and several more, were dismissed last time. Mo made his intensions very clear which is more than the current bunch of chancers*

Are there changes that could be made to improve VP, undoubtedly. Would this involve moving to another ground, very unlikely. I am sure that the current director will do all in their power to stay office, with help from their supporters. However, I believe there are not many ordinary Vale fans who believe a word that comes out of their mouths anymore.

Well that is the thing. All new grounds are also produced with the ability for extra tiers to be put on an corners filled in. Shrewsburys for instance is built in a way so it can be extended to around 40k. So fans worrying a new smaller ground would hold vale back or is small thinking are totally wrong. Chesterfields is a nice one mind you and in the same way can be extended and I think something like a 10k stadium built up to 15k in the eventr of needing it at championship level would well be enough. Also with nice shiny black and white seats would look amasing.

In the end mo has no plans to move us. I think that would only be considerd if this current lot miss payments and vale lose vp to the council. But this move with mo is just scare mongering.

I have read this thread with quite a bit of amusement. Move with Mo? It reminds me very much of GO and the former board members who did all in their power to discredit Mo by ensuring all sorts of ill-founded rumour appeared in the public domain.*

I remember before the last EGM having a discussion with someone in the Leopard who truly believed Mo was going to build a second Water Park on the site!

All this nonsense about the site being sold and Vale moving really is quite comical. This issue, and several more, were dismissed last time. Mo made his intensions very clear which is more than the current bunch of chancers*

Are there changes that could be made to improve VP, undoubtedly. Would this involve moving to another ground, very unlikely. I am sure that the current director will do all in their power to stay office, with help from their supporters. However, I believe there are not many ordinary Vale fans who believe a word that comes out of their mouths anymore.

What he said.

This notion of they’ll sell the sell the ground and build houses/waterparks/supermarkets et al is beyond daft. Scaremongering by a corrupt bunch of amateur business men who enjoyed the perks and privileges that being a director of a professional football club brings.

Do some people not have two brain cells to rub together?! Why take a site in Burslem, demolish a perfectly usable stadium and then build any of the above on it.

Stoke on Trent isn’t exactly short of brown field sites is it? As lovely as it is, it’s Burslem not Belgravia.

The more realistic worry would be an owner separating the ground from the club and leasing it back at an exorbitant rate.

Oh and don’t even get me started about moving the ground to a smaller stadium near a dual carriage way. Hardly ambitious is it. Why not put a business plan together that enables us to develop and fill our magnificent old stadium rather than the “we are where we are” mentality of lets get a smaller stadium.

Dare to dream!

What he said.

This notion of they’ll sell the sell the ground and build houses/waterparks/supermarkets et al is beyond daft. Scaremongering by a corrupt bunch of amateur business men who enjoyed the perks and privileges that being a director of a professional football club brings.

Do some people not have two brain cells to rub together?! Why take a site in Burslem, demolish a perfectly usable stadium and then build any of the above on it.

Stoke on Trent isn’t exactly short of brown field sites is it? As lovely as it is, it’s Burslem not Belgravia.

The more realistic worry would be an owner separating the ground from the club and leasing it back at an exorbitant rate.

Oh and don’t even get me started about moving the ground to a smaller stadium near a dual carriage way. Hardly ambitious is it. Why not put a business plan together that enables us to develop and fill our magnificent old stadium rather than the “we are where we are” mentality of lets get a smaller stadium.

Dare to dream!

Because vp is more or less in the middle of a housing estate and is hard to access. An if you read my post above a new smaller ground for now wouldn't be small time thinking as they can be expanded to alot bigger.

Archived