onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Move with MO ?

grebovale

So only "A few hundred" sung against Shrewsbury?? Deary me, youre having a mare here.

Other question. If only, in your words, a few hundred sing, how is the atmopsphere going to be better in, say, a 14000 seater stadium?

I hope we get to Wembley in the play off final. I hope to be 1 of those few hundred that sing.

Youre talking nonsense mate.

Well try sitting in a different stand for a game some time you'll see. I am not talking nonsence just honesty. How will a smaller ground improve things well look how far fans are from each other with the size vp is and its pitch. A smaller ground closer to the pitch wpuld change things alot. But I'll let you have your opinion and i'll have mine.

Advert

Stan Meigh

He's flogging a few 50inch plasmas to fund it.

He's only a small buisness man no longer on the board but to be fair still interested in helping the club unlike Bratty and Jackson and the currant board of directors.We are upto our eyes in debt and many fans have walked away,We need change and quick!!!!!

Well try sitting in a different stand for a game some time you'll see. I am not talking nonsence just honesty. How will a smaller ground improve things well look how far fans are from each other with the size vp is and its pitch. A smaller ground closer to the pitch wpuld change things alot. But I'll let you have your opinion and i'll have mine.

I dont disagree that a smaller ground for us would create a better atmosphere.

What i disagree with is your analogy that there is no atmosphere at Vale Park unless there is 10000+ and that there is only a few hundred that sing and that no matter what the atmosphere is, the Lorne street faithful cannot hear it!!

And i have sampled Lorne street. I even remember being in Lorne street when we beat Norwich in the Carling Cup in front of around 4000 and it was a great night and guess what??..... The atmosphere was really good.

So yes, you talk nonsense.

The Railway always makes the most noise, but needs around a 7000 home plus 1000 away gate, and of course a enthusing display by the team and for the game to be important. I think a large block makes more noise than the same number spread around a smaller ground, and the shape of the roof also has an effect. Wycombe last season was also good.

What i disagree with is your analogy that there is no atmosphere at Vale Park unless there is 10000+ and that there is only a few hundred that sing and that no matter what the atmosphere is, the Lorne street faithful cannot hear it!!

And i have sampled Lorne street. I even remember being in Lorne street when we beat Norwich in the Carling Cup in front of around 4000 and it was a great night and guess what??..... The atmosphere was really good.

I didn't mention 10,00 plus just more the noise from the few hundred singing in the paddock doesn't carry well to the rest of vp.

Dosent it??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_3/8620873.stm

7459 attendance.

Listen to Micky Adams interview and what he says around 1:25.

And he stands in Lorne Street!!!!!

Wow you are on the defensive. Yea he may have heard it but wasn't that good and the manager will big things like that up anyway. But like I say you can have your opinion and I will have mine.

The atmosphere was great when all the singing Vale fans were together in one end i.e the Bycars end before Mr Bell introduced the membership scheme, causing fans to split up in to different ends. Now the only decent atmosphere is at away games, when all Vale fans are together.

The atmosphere was great when all the singing Vale fans were together in one end i.e the Bycars end before Mr Bell introduced the membership scheme, causing fans to split up in to different ends. Now the only decent atmosphere is at away games, when all Vale fans are together.

That is what I am trying point out. If the fans were in a more compact space all together would create a better atmosphere.

Wow you are on the defensive. Yea he may have heard it but wasn't that good and the manager will big things like that up anyway. But like I say you can have your opinion and I will have mine.

Im not on the defensive at all. Im just saying youre talking crap if you think there was no atmosphere at the Notts County and Shrewsbury games!

Im all for opinions. Il have mine. You can have yours. Total respect.

But open your ears at times.

That is what I am trying point out. If the fans were in a more compact space all together would create a better atmosphere.

Quite right my friend but we want the right people running the club first,think our debt now is probally more than the land our club is standing on and increasing all the time with the interest on the loans we are now paying.Building a new stadium would take alot of funding,something normal fans like us couldn't do.Just look at all the effort from the fans to get a statue of Roy Sproson errected,getting a new stadium is but a dream i fear

Im not on the defensive at all. Im just saying youre talking crap if you think there was no atmosphere at the Notts County and Shrewsbury games!

Im all for opinions. Il have mine. You can have yours. Total respect.

But open your ears at times.

You're talking crap if you think the atmosphere was good there was the odd spurt where fans chanted together but it wasn't great and heaard much better in the 90s when the crowds sneaked over 10k.

Quite right my friend but we want the right people running the club first,think our debt now is probally more than the land our club is standing on and increasing all the time with the interest on the loans we are now paying.Building a new stadium would take alot of funding,something normal fans like us couldn't do.Just look at all the effort from the fans to get a statue of Roy Sproson errected,getting a new stadium is but a dream i fear

Yea i fear it is a dream that will be a long time off. We are not even sure if the club will own vp in years to come.

Archived