onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Move with MO ?

grebovale

Look at a deal Bristol Rovers got. Shame anotheer super market is not needed in the area read the link,

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2011/12/13/bristol-rovers-seal-deal-to-build-40m-stadium/

"Bristol Rovers seal deal to build £40m stadium, Bristol Rovers FC has signed land deals with Sainsbury’s and the University of the West of England to pave the way to build a new stadium.

Under the deal signed today Sainsbury’s has agreed to buy the football’s club’s Memorial Stadium ground to build a huge supermarket.

The deal will help to finance construction of a 20,000 seater stadium on land near the University’s Frenchay Campus.

Together the proposals represent a construction investment of £60m"

There is alot more in the artical.

First of I disagreed with mar mate over a move to were ever BUT ... on reading this it got me thinking ( no sarcastic remarks :) ) would it be a bad idea, I and a lot on here are stuck in the past with the idea of moving to a new modern stadium were as the likes of Bristol Rovers /Shrewsbury/Chesterfield etc have pushed on,the bycars facilities are a joke,the paddock is worse with its food outlets/toilets been only accessed buy walking through the elements,the Hamil end and Lorne street have indoor facilities which I and most fans don't have access to. OK this is PIE IN THE SKY idea but MO as got some land we could use and lets say Sainsburys (not Sailsburys :rolleyes: ) are looking to build another store in the middle of a town like Asda in Tunstall have.Tesco have found out to there cost that building a superstore on the outskirts of Hanley is not profitable so reverting back to superstores in the middle of towns like Buslem were locals have easy access could be the way forward..Planing permission for Asda was not a problem in Tunstall so shoudnt be a problem for Burslem ...... So mabe a move might be cost effective for PVFC and MO and now even I am coming round to the idea of a move .. MO PLEASE TAKE NOTE :yes::yes: ... As for those who are stuck in the past with old style grounds have a rethink and take a good look at VALE PARK compared to some new stadiums ... Just hope Deakin and Miller havent got this idea as well :shutup::shutup:

Advert

First of I disagreed with mar mate over a move to were ever BUT ... on reading this it got me thinking ( no sarcastic remarks :) ) would it be a bad idea, I and a lot on here are stuck in the past with the idea of moving to a new modern stadium were as the likes of Bristol Rovers /Shrewsbury/Chesterfield etc have pushed on,the bycars facilities are a joke,the paddock is worse with its food outlets/toilets been only accessed buy walking through the elements,the Hamil end and Lorne street have indoor facilities which I and most fans don't have access to. OK this is PIE IN THE SKY idea but MO as got some land we could use and lets say Sainsburys (not Sailsburys :rolleyes: ) are looking to build another store in the middle of a town like Asda in Tunstall have.Tesco have found out to there cost that building a superstore on the outskirts of Hanley is not profitable so reverting back to superstores in the middle of towns like Buslem were locals have easy access could be the way forward..Planing permission for Asda was not a problem in Tunstall so shoudnt be a problem for Burslem ...... So mabe a move might be cost effective for PVFC and MO and now even I am coming round to the idea of a move .. MO PLEASE TAKE NOTE :yes::yes: ... As for those who are stuck in the past with old style grounds have a rethink and take a good look at VALE PARK compared to some new stadiums ... Just hope Deakin and Miller havent got this idea as well :shutup::shutup:
It boils down to supermarket economics, Rovers have had it both ways, lost Ashton Gate, moved to Bath, then Bristol Rugby Club. Hope it works out.

What happened to Eastville........:unsure:

;)

Must be losing it, cant remember the name of the supermarket built at Eastville either, only went three or four times. My daughter`s flat overlooked Bristol rugby ground, but she moved before the Arabs arrived. Of course did not PV sell part of the car park to the Coop for a supermarket, was that a test of demand in Burslem?

Of course did not PV sell part of the car park to the Coop for a supermarket, was that a test of demand in Burslem?

They did - and very popular the Normid was for a while before the likes of Asda, Tesco, etc. caught up and played them at their own game.

Now all the Normids (think there were five of them in all) have ended up in other use or, like the one at Milehouse, sold to another chain.

The problem is who would want to build a supermarket at VP? Morrisons are opening on Brownhills, there is an ASDA at the bottom of Scotia, and Tesco are more than likely to build in Burlsem but not VP. I believe other derelict sites have been looked into. So the probability would be some other development, but in the middle of a recession?

The problem is who would want to build a supermarket at VP? Morrisons are opening on Brownhills, there is an ASDA at the bottom of Scotia, and Tesco are more than likely to build in Burlsem but not VP. I believe other derelict sites have been looked into. So the probability would be some other development, but in the middle of a recession?

We came out of recession last year! But the finances are terrible atm. The new sainsburys and college in newcastle were built and opened in the recession.

It is interesting that Liverpool are trying their hardest not to move to a new stadium because, as people rightly say, in their case that's £70 million capital spend. But in their case they are giving away 30,000 fans to Man Utd every game and that is the primary reason why they haven't been the number one club for over 20 years. So they have to do something if they want to compete consistently at the top again.

A stadium move comes into consideration as well as redevelopment of Vale Park - both needing to have a viable business case. But before all that we need competent leadership and leadership that has integrity being directed at the long term interests of the club.

It is interesting that Liverpool are trying their hardest not to move to a new stadium because, as people rightly say, in their case that's £70 million capital spend. But in their case they are giving away 30,000 fans to Man Utd every game and that is the primary reason why they haven't been the number one club for over 20 years. So they have to do something if they want to compete consistently at the top again.

A stadium move comes into consideration as well as redevelopment of Vale Park - both needing to have a viable business case. But before all that we need competent leadership and leadership that has integrity being directed at the long term interests of the club.

That is a very good post and 100% right. I obviously see we need good leadership and also on the pitch matters sorted then looking at moving or vp.

We came out of recession last year! But the finances are terrible atm. The new sainsburys and college in newcastle were built and opened in the recession.

thank you for the statistically financial status about the recession last year. Despite mervyn from the bank of england and his even more pessimistic forecasts than before- and our growth shrinking and not meeting any forcasts from the treasury and other bodies yes i suppose you could say that. And yes a supermarket was built and indeed a college but that was from previous budgets under the previous government. My question was that who would want to build a supermarket on vale park with so much competition and another large supermarket already looking at current derelict land in the town- with infrastructure and construction (olympics apart) struggling what other development would be interested. That was the question.

Archived