onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Move with MO ?

grebovale

Because vp is more or less in the middle of a housing estate and is hard to access. An if you read my post above a new smaller ground for now wouldn't be small time thinking as they can be expanded to alot bigger.

Apologies, I’d missed that.

It’s a fair point. Take Brighton’s knew ground for example, forward thinking, ambitious and downright impressive.

But clubs like Reading, Oxford, Shrews and Chesterfield (Brighton homeless!) were playing in decrepit old stadiums before moving.

Vale Park isn’t falling apart (yet) it just needs a re-think.

Imo moving away from VP to an identikit flat pack stadium would be a travesty.

Advert

Because vp is more or less in the middle of a housing estate and is hard to access. An if you read my post above a new smaller ground for now wouldn't be small time thinking as they can be expanded to alot bigger.

It is an economic decision, some existing grounds sit on a gold mine, VP is on empty coal mines. When has access ever been a problem? We coped with 40k gates in the past, cheaper to use park and rides/shuttles which can be used every day of the week.

It’s a fair point. Take Brighton’s knew ground for example, forward thinking, ambitious and downright impressive.

But clubs like Reading, Oxford, Shrews and Chesterfield (Brighton homeless!) were playing in decrepit old stadiums before moving.

The cost of Brighton`s was about £70M, I would prefer our £8M to be used on the team, err....

It still needs alot of work. I believe to bring it up to standerd the paddock, family stand and bycars would all have to go which could in the end cost more money. as when vp was built it was built into a hill and could take alot to get the land right and structures in place. In alot od non vale fans view the club lacks ambition by staying at vp in the kind kind of area it is now in. I believe a new stadium would build excitment and anticipation and revitalise the club.

Sadly I don't think vale could find the funding and a new stadium and for port vale it is a viod subject as we missed that buck in the 90s. Though I do dream of seeing vale play at a nice new stadium. Where the ground is impacting on approach and not with the nice looking lorne street main stand tucked behind a main stand and only able to be viewed on the car park.

Is this the stupidest and most pointless thread in OVF history?

Why cannot people have a dream in these dark days? To me the important part is the view of pitch and decent food/drink facilities. The facade is a bonus, Leicester Rugby have recently rebuilt thier main stand, very impressive from the outside too, but cost £20/30M for 10000 seats, so for us just a dream.

Why cannot people have a dream in these dark days? To me the important part is the view of pitch and decent food/drink facilities. The facade is a bonus, Leicester Rugby have recently rebuilt thier main stand, very impressive from the outside too, but cost £20/30M for 10000 seats, so for us just a dream.

Because at vale progress and change is met with fear and negitivity which is why we find ourselves in the basement division with a board like we have and a tired worn out stadium on the middle of a housing estate and a main stand that is not yet finished and took over a decade to finish! We are where we are and this is little old Port Vale playing at a stadium with facilaties that belong in the history books.

My vision is limited at the moment to having an owner(s) with ambition for the club rather than just themselves and some players that turn up more than 1 game 4. That might make turning up at Vale Park more attractive for quite a few.

If I want comfort I'll stay at home and watch tv.

do you really think hand on heart if we got into the championship 14000 fans are going to come out of exile to watch us

Stoke managed to attract over 10,000 new fans when they were promoted to the Premier League?

I'm sure we could increase our attendances massively. If we can get two crowds of around 8,500 (one on a Tuesday night) in League Two last season, then I'm pretty certain we could get double that two leagues higher? It's easier than you think. Success brings interest, as shown by the likes of Swansea, Wigan, Hull, Man City etc... who have risen through the leagues and increased support.

Look at a deal Bristol Rovers got. Shame anotheer super market is not needed in the area read the link,

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2011/12/13/bristol-rovers-seal-deal-to-build-40m-stadium/

"Bristol Rovers seal deal to build £40m stadium, Bristol Rovers FC has signed land deals with Sainsbury’s and the University of the West of England to pave the way to build a new stadium.

Under the deal signed today Sainsbury’s has agreed to buy the football’s club’s Memorial Stadium ground to build a huge supermarket.

The deal will help to finance construction of a 20,000 seater stadium on land near the University’s Frenchay Campus.

Together the proposals represent a construction investment of £60m"

There is alot more in the artical.

Archived