onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Move with MO ?

grebovale

Advert

Mo owns quite a bit of land adjacent to the Canal by Festival Park. I think the land is worth a size more than Vale Park (site).

Sorry to bring it up again but had a phone call of mar mate,he told me he got the site wrong and Jimmy yet again :yes: got it rite,he as been on MO's facebook and as left him a message so if he gets a reply I will tell yer ...

Grebo,

Have you both been on the juice again?

He's got the site wrong, you said Salisbury!

Lol

Its an age thing :D .. Eye sites going :D .. brain not up to speed .. :D ... but us old ins keep going :D .. unfortunately its you young ins who afto suffer as well ...:D

Theres going to be no flats built.

Theres going to be no stadium move.

Theres going to be no hidden agendas.

Never EVER have i heard of one good reason why Mo Chaudry should not run this football club.

Whoever takes over the club it isnt going to be an overnight job. The club is in a mess and our first concern needs to be to rid the WHOLE board. Lodey included. Then a man, a successful buisnessman, something this club lacks severely, can slowly but surely get to work in turning around the fortunes of this club and stabalising it.

And if he makes a profit and leaves us high and dry in the championship... Good. Its a damn site better than watching the gash on show in this **** division for years to come.

I can't see the problem with a move to a smaller ground anyway. I would build one on the empty land by festival park the vodafone area. But I agree with you there.

I can't see the problem with a move to a smaller ground anyway. I would build one on the empty land by festival park the vodafone area. But I agree with you there.

Problem 1, where will the money come from? A rough price for a basic seated stadium is £1000 per seat, so a 12000 seater would cost £12M.

Problem 2, self finance the stadium by selling Vale Park situated in an area with ample brownfield sites.

Problem 3, whereabouts of pubs, pie shops, hand made oatcakes close to new site

Problem 4, resistance to change of location

Problem 5, I was quite happy at the Old Rec, but pleased because we were moving to a new big ground and could grow. This move would be the opposite.

Problem 1, where will the money come from? A rough price for a basic seated stadium is £1000 per seat, so a 12000 seater would cost £12M.

Problem 2, self finance the stadium by selling Vale Park situated in an area with ample brownfield sites.

Problem 3, whereabouts of pubs, pie shops, hand made oatcakes close to new site

Problem 4, resistance to change of location

Problem 5, I was quite happy at the Old Rec, but pleased because we were moving to a new big ground and could grow. This move would be the opposite.

big ground and vale never grew. Also the facilaties at the current stadium are very poor. I sadly agree about where to get the money side of it. Vale fans are the most defensive over the idea of a new ground it is silly. A ground of 15k is more than enough.

big ground and vale never grew. Also the facilaties at the current stadium are very poor. I sadly agree about where to get the money side of it. Vale fans are the most defensive over the idea of a new ground it is silly. A ground of 15k is more than enough.
There were some fantastic crowds, you cant average 19k unless you get some 25k gates (against the likes of Halifax and Southport) to make up for the wet days when only the Bycars was covered. The big cup games would never have happened either. It must be cheaper to re-build the Railway closer to the Lorne St. But just a dream at present.

Not having a go at the person who started this thread, as I'm sure there is no agenda, but it's stuff like this that *****es me off! Even though it's just a dodgy rumour all it takes (when it comes to Mo at least anyway) is for someone to repeat this in the pub and it becomes fact in some people's minds. Why are so many Vale fans such paranoid freaks??!

There were some fantastic crowds, you cant average 19k unless you get some 25k gates (against the likes of Halifax and Southport) to make up for the wet days when only the Bycars was covered. The big cup games would never have happened either. It must be cheaper to re-build the Railway closer to the Lorne St. But just a dream at present.

Yes they were very rare occasions mind you and it will take a miracle to get even 10k now.

I do agree how ever it would be cheaper to do that but the road access and how close parts of the lorne street are to houses is dire at times. But the only option I can see happening is the railway and family stands being bulldozed and a new stand moved closer to the pitch. That is if the current crop on the board don't mess up the payments t the council transering ownership of vp to the council.

Not having a go at the person who started this thread, as I'm sure there is no agenda, but it's stuff like this that *****es me off! Even though it's just a dodgy rumour all it takes (when it comes to Mo at least anyway) is for someone to repeat this in the pub and it becomes fact in some people's minds. Why are so many Vale fans such paranoid freaks??!

Because we are only little port vale and we are where we are. It is silly though if you look where thesepeople got us with their fear of the new.

Archived