onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

smurthwaite

RayWalkers40yarder

I am not a Norman fan but who do you think would cough up the money to buy the club?

Synectics are a small family firm with no money to invest in the club.

Manor shop are a small computer company with a couple of shops in the area.

The only popular saviour is the guy from Autonet who would like to invest in the Vale but is put off by Norman’s ridiculous claim that he never loses on a deal.

Why have people coughed up good money 250 k to see the books only to walk away without making an offer.

Norman is quite happy to keep pocketing the money coming in for players and use the club to swap money around his various companies.He will do the same with Nuneaton by investing very little and creaming off any revenue he can squirrel away and throw up a smokescreen of where the money is going around his companies.

As long as Port Vale survive in Div 2 he will stay around like a smelly fart in a lift and then blame the fans for not supporting the team through the gates.

He cannot accept that he needs to invest in the team to see any improvement and enjoys the attention of the status ofbeing our owner and hospitality at away games.

I agree to an extent, we're stuck and there's very little we can do about it, but I disagree regarding Synectics. They're not a small family business, they're a large family business with an international customer base, right on our doorstep. They employ far more people than Smurthwaite does, own a profitable growing business, and have the will and desire to make Vale a success. Their local interests mean that they can't just walk into Vale with an ego and a selfish intent. They understand that Vale is an integral part of a community that has hosted a professional Football Club for over a century.

Our club is dying right in front of our eyes, and the man in charge is busy down in Nuneaton, where he's clearly eyeing an opportunity to add to his portfolio. He is a cancer to the club, an absolute mess of a man, who has simply no interest in the goings on at Port Vale. He simply has to go. Synectics are the answer, which makes all of this so incredibly frustrating. I'd love it if Ian at Autonet and Carol could form a consortium of some sort, anything to get the parasite that is destroying the club, out as soon as possible.

The reason fans aren't protesting is because we've become disillusioned by it all. After years and years of fighting to rid the club of the self serving V2001, it's gut wrenching to see that we're now arguably in an even worse position, after the initial joys of seeing the changes brought in by Paul Wildes.

Unfortunately I can only see our demise continuing whilst Smurthwaite remains. In the past he had the desire but lacked the competence. Now he's still incompetent, but couldn't care less what happens to the club. During this time he's defaulted back to what he is good at, looking after number 1. Unfortunately, it's us that will ultimately pay the price when the club we love falls into oblivion.

Advert

I agree to an extent, we're stuck and there's very little we can do about it, but I disagree regarding Synectics. They're not a small family business, they're a large family business with an international customer base, right on our doorstep. They employ far more people than Smurthwaite does, own a profitable growing business, and have the will and desire to make Vale a success. Their local interests mean that they can't just walk into Vale with an ego and a selfish intent. They understand that Vale is an integral part of a community that has hosted a professional Football Club for over a century.

Our club is dying right in front of our eyes, and the man in charge is busy down in Nuneaton, where he's clearly eyeing an opportunity to add to his portfolio. He is a cancer to the club, an absolute mess of a man, who has simply no interest in the goings on at Port Vale. He simply has to go. Synectics are the answer, which makes all of this so incredibly frustrating. I'd love it if Ian at Autonet and Carol could form a consortium of some sort, anything to get the parasite that is destroying the club, out as soon as possible.

The reason fans aren't protesting is because we've become disillusioned by it all. After years and years of fighting to rid the club of the self serving V2001, it's gut wrenching to see that we're now arguably in an even worse position, after the initial joys of seeing the changes brought in by Paul Wildes.

Unfortunately I can only see our demise continuing whilst Smurthwaite remains. In the past he had the desire but lacked the competence. Now he's still incompetent, but couldn't care less what happens to the club. During this time he's defaulted back to what he is good at, looking after number 1. Unfortunately, it's us that will ultimately pay the price when the club we love falls into oblivion.

What are we to do though? It seems that he holds all the cards and can presumably do what the hell he wants with the club.

I actually think he believed he was owed eternal gratitude from the fans and was outraged that we thought otherwise.

I really wish he'd never set foot near the place. He's a disaster for us.

What are we to do though? It seems that he holds all the cards and can presumably do what the hell he wants with the club.

I actually think he believed he was owed eternal gratitude from the fans and was outraged that we thought otherwise.

I really wish he'd never set foot near the place. He's a disaster for us.

As fans very little, other than hope. He won't engage on here anymore, anyone that disagrees with him he cries that he's being abused. The last time he came on here, the only person that showed any kind of disrespect was Norman himself. People asked him genuine questions, to which he replied with a patronising arrogance that sums the bloke up perfectly. Days later he was in the press calling the forum one moan fan, or words to that effect.

God knows what's going on on twitter, he's blocked me, but from what I can gather he barely uses it anymore. Again, disagree with him and he sees it as abuse...which is ironic considering yet again, he throws so much of it out to his customers.

At the games he surrounds himself with people like Fradley, so called Vale fans that kiss his arse and fuel his ego day by day. It's people like this that I despise, just as much as the man himself.

So the only real outlet we have as genuine concerned fans is to vent on here or social media. One day we just have to hope that either;

- Smurf has some sort of moral awakening, realises his mistakes and becomes the Chairman this club so desperately needs, or

- Smurf gets so sick of the whole thing that he writes off his DL, sets a realistic price and sells to the best options the club has before it, Synectics.

Failing either of those, the downward trajectory that the club is on makes our future extremely depressing to contemplate.

Has anybody noticed that there is now a charging point for electric cars on the Lorne Street car park?

What a fantastic thing for the club to provide for any environmentally conscious supporters who go to the game in their electric or hybrid vehicle. I'm surprised the club haven't publicised this service more.

Has anybody noticed that there is now a charging point for electric cars on the Lorne Street car park?

What a fantastic thing for the club to provide for any environmentally conscious supporters who go to the game in their electric or hybrid vehicle. I'm surprised the club haven't publicised this service more.

Yes, it would be ridiculous if it was put there just for the sole use of one person.

That would never happen, I'm quite confident of that.

Until someone with more money than sense comes along we will have Smurthwaite here until he’s had enough.Whether he was a Vale fan when he took over is irrelevant.I didn’t see the Glazers,Sheikh Mansoor or John Henry waving their scarves pre purchase.Mike Ashley’s geordie accent is not the most authentic either.A joint ownership including Smurth may be the best way forward.Whether he or other parties would wish to work together is open for debate.One thing I don’t buy is he is running the club into the ground.He will get no benefit from doing that.

Guest TommyMac

You do all know the only way out for Smurthwaite is if the club folds don't you? Save all your pleas because he ain't going anywhere.

Archived