onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite: Railway bar coming this summer but Lorne St work on hold…

News Feed

There's a huge, massive issue that you're missing here Matt / Howjy...this isn't the first time Norman has come out with this. His words are just that, words. Even this latest statement is innaccurate. He says planning has been submitted, yet no such submission is visible on the portal.

That's before we even get into the argument of whether it will work, or whether it's even a priority at this moment in time.

It's blatantly obvious what Norman's up to here, trying to deflect attention by dangling something he thinks will keep fans happy. He knows some will be gullible enough to believe him, and he's clearly right.

Advert

personally i think thats a bit naive to not see the positive implications for the supporter experience. Cold Tuesday nights would be far more appealing when the opportunity to warm up in the bar is thrown into the mix. Theres also the thought process around the ground being split from the club what is planning to do to attract more business to his ground?

You are missing the point,I have said for years the Railway paddock /Stand experience has not changed for 50 years except for seating and the toilets tarted up.

I would applaud anything that improved the match day experience and in turn made the club a profit.

However with the ground separated from the football club the ground profits (If any) will of course end up going offshore as admitted by Smurthwaite and not into improving the playing side of the club.

Therefore its a no from me and the sooner Smurthwaite takes his hairbrained off the cuff ideas with him the better.

Because none of those already take place in Burslem. You're so gullible it's hilarious.

Instead of your continual .... ing sneering where are your ideas ?Smurf out?Your protests have precisely achieved buck all.A couple of songs, well done.Have you ever thought that having a decent venue may hurry up a sale?

Spend it on players instead of the pub then you can moan about the state of the facilities.The gullible one is you FST,thinking you can change anything.How much to build a bar?Peanuts.Half the pubs in Burslem have shut.Look at the ones left,apart from a couple,they are crumbling around your arse.

Instead of your continual .... ing sneering where are your ideas ?Smurf out?Your protests have precisely buck all.A couple of songs, well done.Have you ever thought that having a decent venue may hurry up a sale?

Spend it on players instead of the pub then you can moan about the state of the facilities.The gullible one is you FST,thinking you can change anything.How much to build a bar?Peanuts.Half the pubs in Burslem have shut.Look at the ones left,apart from a couple,they are crumbling around your arse.

Such a well thought through coherent reply, thanks howjy, you're right, a pub is just what we so desperately need right now. I'm also completely convinced that he'll stick to his word...just like the last time he came out with this and many other ideas. You're right, I should have faith, his track record of delivery speaks for itself.

Such a well thought through coherent reply, thanks howjy, you're right, a pub is just what we so desperately need right now. I'm also completely convinced that he'll stick to his word...just like the last time he came out with this and many other ideas. You're right, I should have faith, his track record of delivery speaks for itself.

Where are your ideas?Answers on a postage stamp.You’ll get your favourite 2 words on it.Do you still go to the games?Still lining Smurf’s pocket?That’s the ticket.

Where are your ideas?Answers on a postage stamp.You’ll get your favourite 2 words on it.Do you still go to the games?Still lining Smurf’s pocket?That’s the ticket.
My ideas; don't destroy a stable L1 squad, don't destroy the clubs reputation, don't ban the sentinel, don't argue with and insult customers, don't divide the fan base, don't lie. The list goes on. Basics really mate. All posted on here regularly, way over your head, clearly.

My ideas; don't destroy a stable L1 squad, don't destroy the clubs reputation, don't ban the sentinel, don't argue with and insult customers, don't divide the fan base, don't lie. The list goes on. Basics really mate. All posted on here regularly, way over your head, clearly.

Your ideas I said,not playing the blame game.Way over my head?It stops at your neck,above that it’s paralysed.

Your ideas I said,not playing the blame game.Way over my head?It stops at your neck,above that it’s paralysed.
My ideas are worthless, I'm not in a position of responsibility. My suggestion to Smurf though, sell to Synectics. Their ideas are much better and they have a track record of delivery. Smurf hasn't. Damn right blame game. Look where we are.

My ideas are worthless, I'm not in a position of responsibility. My suggestion to Smurf though, sell to Synectics. Their ideas are much better and they have a track record of delivery. Smurf hasn't. Damn right blame game. Look where we are.

FST,I have shared my views with a couple of posters on here,in private.Blame him all you like.You’ll go mad doing it.He’ll go when he’s ready.This thread,as others do,has descended into farce because people with positive ideas are just Smurfettes.Not so,if he lines his pockets with the ‘bar’ money there’s always the Leopard.Thirst Him Out.

FST,I have shared my views with a couple of posters on here,in private.Blame him all you like.You’ll go mad doing it.He’ll go when he’s ready.This thread,as others do,has descended into farce because people with positive ideas are just Smurfettes.Not so,if he lines his pockets with the ‘bar’ money there’s always the Leopard.Thirst Him Out.
Not a smurfette, just gullible. I'm positive, very positive about our prospects once Smurf sells. The trajectory under his ownership is nothing to be positive about.

We all want to see Vale winning games and climbing back up the football league. Most of us are not convinced this will happen with NS as owner. Most of us want a new owner. People are unhappy. People will vote with their feet (and already are)

I'd welcome a pint at half time in a nice warm bar at the back of the Railway on a cold Saturday or Tuesday evening. I'd welcome a competitive team that destroy some of the garbage teams I've seen this season much more!

Back Aspo or sell up to Synectics.

Archived