onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite: Railway bar coming this summer but Lorne St work on hold…

News Feed

To be fair Howjy, if Norman said he was donating all of his money to Oxfam FST would moan it wasn't to Barnados. He sees no positives in anything that is said, he plays the man and not the ball.

I think a more accurate analogy would be Smurf donating all his money to a charity that offers little benefit to anyone and is low down on the list of priorities of the community.

Lets say, the Charity for those affected by the Loch Ness Monster, as opposed to Oxfam.

He's putting his money into something irrelevant, in the grand scheme. People aren't saying a pubs bad, just if Norms looking to invest, for gods sake put it somewhere useful. There are loads of things I want to see improved at the Vale before I can go and have a drink inside at HT.

Struggling to fathom how people are struggling with this argument. Not saying pub is bad, just pointless when we're basically a few defeats away from away trips to Boreham Wood.

Time for some time off OVF I think. Enjoy Easter Weekend Valiants.

Advert

To be fair Howjy, if Norman said he was donating all of his money to Oxfam FST would moan it wasn't to Barnados. He sees no positives in anything that is said, he plays the man and not the ball.

I've missed something here, what has Smurthwaite said that's positive?

I think a more accurate analogy would be Smurf donating all his money to a charity that offers little benefit to anyone and is low down on the list of priorities of the community.

You mean like, Cats Protection, for example.

I apologise in advance if I duplicate previous answers as I have not read through the thread, but I feel this is total folly, I don't see a future for the railway stand, the facilities are awful and throwing money at it doesn't make sense, close the Railway stand and transfer the seats into the Lorne Street;

I have long advocated for a move away from Vale Park, but if we are to stay, then for me the Railway Stand would have to go and eventually be replaced with something more akin to the Loren Street stand, then utilise the massive amount of land that that the railway stand sits on....

I apologise in advance if I duplicate previous answers as I have not read through the thread, but I feel this is total folly, I don't see a future for the railway stand, the facilities are awful and throwing money at it doesn't make sense, close the Railway stand and transfer the seats into the Lorne Street;

I have long advocated for a move away from Vale Park, but if we are to stay, then for me the Railway Stand would have to go and eventually be replaced with something more akin to the Loren Street stand, then utilise the massive amount of land that that the railway stand sits on....

Replacing the Railway Stand and building a Hotel was a Wildes scheme in the early days, but would be lots of millions.

Planning application submitted in February according to the Sentinel, don't know how long these things take. Not sure how big it is, the depth looks to be similar to the length of the toilet block, and the length of the existing bar and adjacent buildings.

Planning application submitted in February according to the Sentinel, don't know how long these things take. Not sure how big it is, the depth looks to be similar to the length of the toilet block, and the length of the existing bar and adjacent buildings.

Similar in length to the toilet block ? That’s where the mild will come from then. Now it makes sense.

Varies depending on whether there are objections from the council or the public. For a few small projects we've put through Newcastle planning, one was approved within 8 weeks, one 10 weeks, and another was approved yesterday after it was submitted in December. None of those went to a Committee, officers were able to approve them.

I'll take back my earlier statement that planning wasn't submitted as it clearly has been. According to the sentinel it took until now for the council to validate it, which can happen if they're awaiting payment.

Varies depending on whether there are objections from the council or the public. For a few small projects we've put through Newcastle planning, one was approved within 8 weeks, one 10 weeks, and another was approved yesterday after it was submitted in December. None of those went to a Committee, officers were able to approve them.

I'll take back my earlier statement that planning wasn't submitted as it clearly has been. According to the sentinel it took until now for the council to validate it, which can happen if they're awaiting payment.

Awaiting payment from Smurfthwaite, surely not ?

Archived