onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky Adams media position

brookersleftboot

Im an Adams fan, i was gutted like many when he left, and elated he returned.

Theres lots of talk about Micky and what he is saying in the media about not wanting loans.

Deakin says theres money available (and i believe its todays sentinel that Deakin claims this money is outside of the agreed budget).

So if there is money available (which i doubt there is) where is it comming from. Could it be that Deakin is over stretching the club and Micky is actually being sensible & realising its breaking the finances and could put us in trouble, therefore he is saying publically that he doesnt want to use the loan market??

Could it just be that Micky is trying to stop a doomsday scenario??

Or another slant could be that Deakin is setting Adams up as the fall guy for the his failings, saying theres money available when there isnt and Micky therefore takes the abuse for not utilising said non existant money?? Convenient for the board.

Either way i very much doubt that Micky Adams would not have bought a few bodies in given the busy xmas period comming up and the amount of injuries we have.

This is the same manager who at the first sign of injury in his first reign was in the loan market to replace injured players due to "the need to maintain strength throughout the team"

Im afraid i dont buy the idea of Adams not wanting to bring someone in, i believe he isnt doing so because he knows the club cannot afford to bring anyone in, despite Deakin saying money is available. This could be a power struggle between CEO and manager.

Advert

Lets not forget this is the same Micky Adams who was bigging up youth in the summer.

Then he went and signed Kozluk and Chilvers, thanking Bluesky!!

Im an Adams fan but hes a bull****ter and a yes man for himself rather than the good of the club.

I very much doubt he could give a rats ass about Port Vale Football Club.

I don't understand why PD would publicly state there is cash available for loan signings if it was totally untrue. I may not think much of him, but there's no reason to make that public statement if it had no basis at all in fact, because it's too easy to prove wrong - and if it's a power struggle, all MA has to do is call his bluff.

Too many conspiracy theories for me......

It doesn't make that much sense, either way......

Micky Adams knows that if he fails with us his reputation will be shot to pieces and there will be no meaningful future for him. He is a football man and will know more than any of us that we need better players. It is inconceivable that if he had the finance to bring in better players that he would be saying what he is. We are on the brink and only a miracle is going to stave off the inevitable. The most disappointed person tonight will be the Bank Manager.

Micky Adams knows that if he fails with us his reputation will be shot to pieces and there will be no meaningful future for him. He is a football man and will know more than any of us that we need better players. It is inconceivable that if he had the finance to bring in better players that he would be saying what he is. We are on the brink and only a miracle is going to stave off the inevitable. The most disappointed person tonight will be the Bank Manager.

There is a possibility that he genuinely thinks he can't get better players , and his loan signings so far have hardly been spectacular successes, so maybe it's a blessing that he hasn't brought anyone in.....

I don't understand why PD would publicly state there is cash available for loan signings if it was totally untrue. I may not think much of him, but there's no reason to make that public statement if it had no basis at all in fact, because it's too easy to prove wrong - and if it's a power struggle, all MA has to do is call his bluff.

Too many conspiracy theories for me......

Indeed. Occam's razor and all that.

There is a possibility that he genuinely thinks he can't get better players , and his loan signings so far have hardly been spectacular successes, so maybe it's a blessing that he hasn't brought anyone in.....

Well we may as well give up now then!!!!! for gods sake other teams seem to bring in loan signings....clubs in our league have been drafting in loan signings for the last month that have made a difference to their respective clubs....what about all the good players he,s managed in the past, up and coming players that cant get their chance in premiership/championship level that we have missed out on??

The truth is NOW he has to bring in loan players or else the season will be over by xmas and we could get dragged down into a dogfight at the bottom cuz sure as eggs we must be one of the worst teams at the mo!!!

Well we may as well give up now then!!!!! for gods sake other teams seem to bring in loan signings....clubs in our league have been drafting in loan signings for the last month that have made a difference to their respective clubs....what about all the good players he,s managed in the past, up and coming players that cant get their chance in premiership/championship level that we have missed out on??

The truth is NOW he has to bring in loan players or else the season will be over by xmas and we could get dragged down into a dogfight at the bottom cuz sure as eggs we must be one of the worst teams at the mo!!!

Is that part of his plan?

He knows in his own heart that there are BIG problems with this supposed investment money.Is he orchestrating his ticket so he can get himself a nice little pay off?

Indeed. Occam's razor and all that.

It could, of course, be a complicated triple double bluff whereby PD knows that MA knows that PD won't say that MA doesn't have the money to get players in, and MA knows that PD knows that MA knows this so PD can say what PD said knowing that MA will only do what PD knows MA will know how to do and PD is safe in the knowledge that MA knows which side his bread is buttered, until it lands butter side down on the artificial turf.....

Now to me, that makes perfect sense......it's coming up to Christmas, so we need to be prepared for the sanity clause......

I take your point but if the right level of money is available he would be able to bring in better players. We lost to a mid-table Conference side because we only have at best mid-table Conference players. Years ago I heard Tommy Docherty say Man Utd were relegated to the old 2nd Division because they had 2nd Division players. He got them promoted by getting in 1st Division players. With this Board we do not have the luxury of bringing in players that will get us out of this league. We are a Conference side.

The loan window closes the day after tomorrow. As long as PD can bat it out until then, saying 'the money's there ... but the right player wasn't available' then he gets away with it until January.

Micky either has to back up his position, or at least the words that Perry has put into his mouth, or he has to have the balls to contradict him.

We don't need loan players we've scored 1 goal in the last five games and only had 7 against us.

The players are brilliant, just having a run of bad luck.

There's plenty of cash available if Micky thinks he needs it.

Don't worry, it's early day's yet.

Vale are certs for promotion, only 16 points behind the league leaders and We'll get 3 more on Friday night. Torquay are a push over.

Archived