onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

what players would you keep?

mitchpvfc

Advert

If we are to achieve promotion the team needs to improve or be strengthened. But there is no point being too critical of the players we have. If we look at who would get us to mid table in league 1 I would say Collins, Chilvers, McDonald, Griff, Loft. Maybe Roberts could if he stays focused and may Morsey if he continues to develop.

I know they are not players. But the first two I'd have out the door are Grew and the Horse. The first because he's been associated with failure here for far too long, and has proved he is a rotten manager (which is not what you want in an assistant manager). Plus he talks crap to the press. The second because he didn't come out of Gannon-gate that well and was demoted from assistant manager. Hardly the best motivation. And both, because our coaching is rubbish. The players are not improving. As for players, keep Tommo (reserve keeper), Griff, Loft and Collins (subject to a medical). That's it. And the first one I'd be shot of is that **** Dodds, who has ability but has taken his wage here for years whilst doing eff all. Do one.

Put the lot up for sale again and see what response we get from players!A few need to realise they will be on the dole at the end of this season, if they carry on turning in performances like recently!They are lucky people as many lads around the area would bust a gut to be given the chance that they are all screwing up.Wake up Vale players!!!!!!!!

id keep rico...as i still believe give him correct service..nd not round his throat from a big lump..and some crosses ..he will score us goals.

Lofty,collins,griff,..prob morsey,as hes progressing and young.

Other than them im struggling to think of anyone who i think can get us out of this league and shows anything.

We need a major squad overhaul...we need 4 at least in jan..then clear out in summer when more players are available.

I know we are ****, but i really think that just 3 players added will see us go on to better things.

We will probably get away with the two keepers and the defenders without bringing anyone else in.

The midfield is the biggest problem for me by far. We have no player in the middle who will get the ball on the deck and knock it about and play 'good' balls into the forwards feet, (Gary Roberts plays as deep as the centre halfs and tries to knock it 70 yards everytime he gets the ball, this isnt keeping posession is it?).... Marc Richards is no good when the balls are pumped into his head from 60 yards, hes not that kind of player and he will look garbage like he has done for the last few weeks.

Also a wide man who hogs the touchline and has pace, and will get the ball and run at a full back cut inside and make something happen, also the ability to get a cross in from the line onto the forwards heads.

And finally another centre forward is nippy, sharp and clever and an eye for goal. (And please dont say Sean Rigg)

So basically 3 players in these positions would improve and change us dramtically i think.

The problem is money!, or lack of it.

Have we got the funds to go and get these players in? Are these type of players about who will improve us and want to come to Vale for a few months?....

Big 'IFS' but we need something to happen very very soon or the crowds will be down to 3500 very very quickly. The paying fans will not pay £20.50 on the gate for certain.

What Sandyford said. :yes:

Archived