onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

what players would you keep?

mitchpvfc

Advert

I can only think of one player who bleeds for the cause week in week out... And thats Griff.

Maybe Popey as well.

The rest, sadly, lack any fight for our proud football club and i wouldnt shed a tear if any of them left.

Most have been here for 3 years and most are still inconsistant, dog**** players who have been let off the hook because of the off field problems.

I can only think of one player who bleeds for the cause week in week out... And thats Griff.

Maybe Popey as well.

The rest, sadly, lack any fight for our proud football club and i wouldnt shed a tear if any of them left.

Most have been here for 3 years and most are still inconsistant, dog**** players who have been let off the hook because of the off field problems.

So you would keep Poop over a recognised 20 goal a season striker?

This is Poop that is averaging a goal almost every 6 games!!

Maybe Popey as well.

No -they're just huffers and puffers who'll blow no one's house down. I'll never knock Griff's commitment, but its the lack of quality round him that makes him look half decent!

So you would keep Poop over a recognised 20 goal a season striker?

This is Poop that is averaging a goal almost every 6 games!!

Spot on - accepting effort over ability and end product will speed up our march to the Blue Square.

Question is, Richards is out of contract this time - will he be sold in January for a nominal fee just to prop up the ever decreasing cashflow?

Spot on - accepting effort over ability and end product will speed up our march to the Blue Square.

Question is, Richards is out of contract this time - will he be sold in January for a nominal fee just to prop up the ever decreasing cashflow?

I almost hope he is if only to show Vale fans what life would be like with an 8 goal a season top goalscorer that some so desperately crave! Deary me!!:(

To be fair Andy from what i have seen of Williamson he does look a decent player with the potential to get better. Something sadly the rest of the squad seem incapable of. Collins to me isn't the same player he was 12 months ago.

You've seen enough to suggest he is better than our top scorer for the last three years? How do his stats compare? And we have seen how we have missed Collins for the last few weeks. Probably the only two I'd keep with a possibility of loft also.

Guest fitzgerald_pvfc

Martin, Taylor, Griff, Loft, Rico, Burge, Pope, Collins, Morsy and Big Mac

Unsure about Williamson and Raglan

The rest can **** off.

I know we are ****, but i really think that just 3 players added will see us go on to better things.

We will probably get away with the two keepers and the defenders without bringing anyone else in.

The midfield is the biggest problem for me by far. We have no player in the middle who will get the ball on the deck and knock it about and play 'good' balls into the forwards feet, (Gary Roberts plays as deep as the centre halfs and tries to knock it 70 yards everytime he gets the ball, this isnt keeping posession is it?).... Marc Richards is no good when the balls are pumped into his head from 60 yards, hes not that kind of player and he will look garbage like he has done for the last few weeks.

Also a wide man who hogs the touchline and has pace, and will get the ball and run at a full back cut inside and make something happen, also the ability to get a cross in from the line onto the forwards heads.

And finally another centre forward is nippy, sharp and clever and an eye for goal. (And please dont say Sean Rigg)

So basically 3 players in these positions would improve and change us dramtically i think.

The problem is money!, or lack of it.

Have we got the funds to go and get these players in? Are these type of players about who will improve us and want to come to Vale for a few months?....

Big 'IFS' but we need something to happen very very soon or the crowds will be down to 3500 very very quickly. The paying fans will not pay £20.50 on the gate for certain.

maybe richards and collins? but thats about it

Richards, Loft, Collins the rest can go.

Keepers: Tommo is woeful, flaps like a new born bird learning to fly & has cost us a lot of goals.

Martin: Confidence is looking shot to pieces after mistakes and then griffs idiotic back passes.

Defence: Yates lacks pace & gets done time & again.

McCombe back to the player he was when first arrived, slow, cumbersome & like bambi on ice.

Owen: Looking to his coaching more than playing, looks even slower, and is carrying more injuries than gaddafi!

McDonald: 2 good games and nothing else. Prob wont be here in march. Though Featherstone Prison may have a decent centre half, watch out county league!

Midfield: Griff, if he simply sat in front of back 4 & broke up play then he would be decent at L2, trouble is he thinks hes Makalele and tries to pass, unfortunately its only ever sideways & backwards.

Roberts: Trouble maker who never learns, stealing a wage from the club to **** up the wall. Mickys BIG mistake this season was not sacking him, this is when the wheels began to fall off.

Morsy: Looks like he could be decent given time, could be one to keep but needs to play.

Taylor: Flatters to decieve, his bursts of pace have got fewer and fewer and often in good positions he fails to deliver the killer cross. Still often blows up after 60mins.

Dodds: has an eye for goal however he doesnt have a settled position, he is what i call a luxary player who needs to play behind the front 2, something we cant accomodate.

Forwards: Rigg: could be a 10-12 goal a season player but unfortunately has rarely played asa front man until this season, still doubt his ability to jumpt to L1 though

Pope: works hard, always gives 100% but unfortunately he lacks the required skill & pace to play beyond L2.

Williamson: Has pace but IMO runs down to many blind alleys, would benefit from a Martin Foyle coaching him.

The time has come to stop the sentiment, take off the rose tinted specs & to be ruthless, we need a major squad overhaul and we need it urgently.

Archived