onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Toquay game to be moved?

Kingsley Valiants

Advert

Friday games under Adams:

Fri 14th Oct 2011 - Vale 3 Northampton 0 (NPL2)

Fri 18th Feb 2011 - Vale 2 Bradford 1 (NPL2)

Fri 26th Nov 2010 - Vale 1 Accrington 0 (FAC1)

We did lose twice on a Friday in 08-09 under Glover as TLV said.

Uurgh. That FA Cup defeat by Macc still haunts me.

In fairness it's not Stoke's or Sky's fault. If Sky had shown no interest in the Stoke Blackburn game, we'd have had to move anyway. The Premier League rules all. The fault lies in the numbnuts who schedule both teams at home on a Saturday. In this day and age of sophisicated computer programs, how difficult can it be?

Just a thought........does the rearranged time have to be agreed by Torquay?

If so then perhaps they chose Friday night as they can drive up on Friday, and return directly after the game whereas had it been early Staurday, or 3.00pm Sunday they would probably require an expensive stop-over.

I doubt they gave their 'army' of travelling fans much forethought.......

Birches Head Fred

Posts: 7,091 Just a thought........does the rearranged time have to be agreed by Torquay?

If so then perhaps they chose Friday night as they can drive up on Friday, and return directly after the game whereas had it been early Staurday, or 3.00pm Sunday they would probably require an expensive stop-over.

I doubt they gave their 'army' of travelling fans much forethought.......

Yes, they do have to agree, if clubs don't agree then the League decide. I don't know Torquay's views, but if they said no does anybody think it would have made any difference?

I remember us losing 3-0 to Doncaster on a Friday night when Billy Bremner was their manager. A dour 0-0 draw with crewe, a narrow defeat by a soon to be promoted to the prem Middlesborough in a game we should have won, defeat by Macc and there must be more such games. Friday nights aren't all what they are cracked up to be!

Another bad game played on a Friday was Lincoln when Glover was in charge, we lost 0-1, the previous Wednesday Glover told Kyle Perry that he had no future at the club and then picked him from the start on the Friday:unsure:

Torquay have also moved their home game with Barnet forward to a Friday night in December for some reason.

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/0,,10445~2502125,00.html

It's going to affect me too. I work on Friday evenings. Keep it on Saturday at 3.00pm

I can't see the problem anyway - neither games are potential hot spots are they. Surely if we had put it back say 1 hour til 4.00 there couldn't have been a problem with joint stewards etc - this will cost a lot in hospitality - get on to it Perry!

EDL rallies go ahead at huge cost to the taxpayers.

Is it really beyond the capability of Staffordshire Police to manage two games? Two games that will struggle to generate more than 1500 away fans between the two visiting teams?

Pathetic decision.

Twitters

Posts: 6,763 If the police have said move it, the club get no choice.

They didn't though. We've moved because we wouldn't have any stewards, gatemen and presumably other match day staff who do both clubs.

Archived