onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Should pope start

alwaysvaleme

Advert

I'm so happy I love Bea and Earle. xxxx Up the Vale!

I'd rather not be part of that equation, but perhaps the other named party might want to join you for a stroll round the OZ Voorburgwal area next time he is in your town.

Peace and goodwill anyway though, and more good results.

I'd rather not be part of that equation, but perhaps the other named party might want to join you for a stroll round the OZ Voorburgwal area next time he is in your town.

Peace and goodwill anyway though, and more good results.

Looks like he’s after a ménage a tw**** Bea.:wink:

She’d be punching

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Not quite sure what that means, but don't worry, whatever you, Toyah and Howjy arrange will be noted but kept well away from at a safe distance from me (several hundred miles would be fine).

Martino might like to have an invite though, if she isn't in Malaga when you all get together.

Not quite sure what that means, but don't worry, whatever you, Toyah and Howjy arrange will be noted but kept well away from at a safe distance from me (several hundred miles would be fine).

Martino might like to have an invite though, if she isn't in Malaga when you all get together.

Playing hard to get are we,Bea?

Playing hard to get are we,Bea?

I'm sure a catch like your goodself will find an endless supply of suitors and wooers Howjy, and even the other parties mentioned won't be short of admirers after a few years at charm school, or running Tom Pope's fan club. So no-one needs to wait for me.:wink:

I couldn't possibly say who reminds me of who in the following video, but it did come to mind -

Getting back to Tom Pope, I fully expect him to get another goal or two before the month is out, as Vale move away from trouble.

Watching games on tv doesn’t offer you the same perspective. You need to watch the games live to watch movement off the ball and patterns of play.

I'd agree with that to some extent but the view from iFollow almost always gives a view of the whole/majority field and hence a view of movement and patterns of play. I see you give your view on England games and players which you no doubt watch mostly on tv!

A number of people have already stated he clearly looks fitter' date=' again you would see that if you were able to watch his running off the ball. The entire team looks fitter now Brown and the clown have gone. Someone also made the point about Whitfield not being as knackered and others also clearly didn’t tire as much second half which has clearly been a huge issue, game planning clearly comes into this. Well done again, it’s refreshing to see an educated coaching staff.[/quote']

A number of Vale fans, probably more, have the opposite view. I don't buy the "Tired/not fit" point it's confidence that made the difference in the second half yesterday as a result of the Roos save and Vale got the second goal. Vale again started slow in the 2nd half and if the overhead kick had gone in then confidence would have drained and the result may have been different. That save could well be the moment Vale's season turns around.

It is biologically impossible to improve fitness to the extent you allude to with one week's training. It looked like much work had been done on organization and tactics during the week as Vale played more as a team yesterday. As a result the players are developing a better understanding and this together with confidence from scoring the 2nd goal is what added a spring to their step.

Your last paragraph makes zero sense' date=' in your own words put down the spade bud [emoji6']

My last sentence makes eminent sense. You have painted Tom Pope out to be lacking in every aspect of traditional center forward play, from his skill to his speed to his stamina to his ability to jump etc, such a player as you describe would never have been able to play at the level he did in the last two games if he had played so poorly as you insist in previous games.

Tom Pope will have his good and bad games but he is many, many times the player you paint, get rid of your ridiculous long time bias against him. Again let's agree to disagree.

I think you need to read my positive comments about his excellent performance yesterday. I prefer to judge players on a rounded performance rather than just loving them and defending them because they wear my team’s badge. Pope like most players has underperformed this season. Since Aspin’s arrival he has made big strides particularly in the first half against Grimsby and yesterday like most of the team. No one is above justifiable criticism or justifiable praise. Everything in balance.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I'm sure a catch like your goodself will find an endless supply of suitors and wooers Howjy, and even the other parties mentioned won't be short of admirers after a few years at charm school, or running Tom Pope's fan club. So no-one needs to wait for me.:wink:

I couldn't possibly say who reminds me of who in the following video, but it did come to mind -

Getting back to Tom Pope, I fully expect him to get another goal or two before the month is out, as Vale move away from trouble.

Haha,

Unfortunately Bea,I was alive when that video was made.

FeedtheWhitfield.

I think you need to read my positive comments about his excellent performance yesterday. I prefer to judge players on a rounded performance rather than just loving them and defending them because they wear my team’s badge. Pope like most players has underperformed this season. Since Aspin’s arrival he has made big strides particularly in the first half against Grimsby and yesterday like most of the team. No one is above justifiable criticism or justifiable praise. Everything in balance.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Tom Pope played well lat Yeovil so his sudden improvement in form, fitness etc is not just since Aspin arrived. And your comment about everything being balanced is exactly why I didn’t see the point of starting a thread specifically about whether Pope should be picked and ignoring the rest of the team. It seemed a rather unbalanced response.

Tom Pope played well lat Yeovil so his sudden improvement in form, fitness etc is not just since Aspin arrived. And your comment about everything being balanced is exactly why I didn’t see the point of starting a thread specifically about whether Pope should be picked and ignoring the rest of the team. It seemed a rather unbalanced response.

I didn’t start the thread so that’s not my concern. Speak to whoever did. He’s not been the worst player but he hasn’t until recently performed sufficiently, much like most of the squad.

I don’t think he played particularly well against Yeovil either, maybe short people should stand up to get a better view

I think he’s had 3 good halves (Crewe 2nd, Grimsby 1st and 1st on Saturday) and a very good half (2nd on Saturday).

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived