onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Abuse of the prodigal sons

old sage

I was talking to a mate of mine who has after a lot of soul searching renewed his Season Ticket.

When he went to the Northampton match he tells me that he had to put up with a barrage of abuse from many who he sat by and those that didn't verbally attack him chose to give him the 'cold shoulder'.

What a stupid way to act from people who largely, if we are honest have done nothing to affect the changes at Vale Park. This guy is 100% Port Vale and I'm sure that many more like him have been treated in a similar fashion since their return to the 'fold'.

Come on people welcome these exiles back because you may have plenty to thank them for if the changes do in fact see an improvement at Vale Park.

Has anyone one else been treated in a similar way?. I haven't been yet but was thinking of attending on Saturday but wonder if I will now bother because my friend was told by quite a few 'why don't you keep on staying away?'. Absolutely wonderful.:(

Advert

I wouldn't worry about it too much, these are the people that will definitely and be more than happy to take any pats on the back and any plaudits that may be dished out in regards to promoting change.

In regards to the comment "just keep staying away" how laughable is that, how do they envisage replacing the ones that take their "advice" and do stay away, lets face it the young uns of today have 2 choices, its go to watch the likes of macc, burton, accy stanley or nip down the road to watch mancs, liverpool chelsea arsenal.

If anybody is doing anything to hurt the club now then its these brain donors!!!

Mike

If you sit in the Raillway you are usually about 20 yards from the nearest fan.

Get thesen back. I missed the first 3 game but have been the last 3 and I really enjoyed last Friday's game.

I admit that I became obsessed with off the field matters (and rightfully so IMHO) in the last 12 months and it is tricky trying to enjoy the football again.

We have change. I remain unconvinced about all of the new investment but as Mr Miller says, in 3 months time..,. tikoty tok.

It's ridiculous isn't it? I am yet to renew, but the people who I go with have actually moved stands.

i've not stayed away and done nothing to promote change at our club and won't ever try to claim this. You guys decided to get involved with the politics of running the club me I just watch the footy. I welcome you all back with open arms and am glad you're coming back cause you're missing some ok games. WELCOME HOME lads :D

I've been back for the last few games, but I've been in the paddock rather than my usual seat in the Bycars, I have no doubt that the idiots near us (who last season made disparaging comments about mo and B&G etc) will have something to say when I return to the Bycars.

I was talking to a mate of mine who has after a lot of soul searching renewed his Season Ticket.

When he went to the Northampton match he tells me that he had to put up with a barrage of abuse from many who he sat by and those that didn't verbally attack him chose to give him the 'cold shoulder'.

What a stupid way to act from people who largely, if we are honest have done nothing to affect the changes at Vale Park. This guy is 100% Port Vale and I'm sure that many more like him have been treated in a similar fashion since their return to the 'fold'.

Come on people welcome these exiles back because you may have plenty to thank them for if the changes do in fact see an improvement at Vale Park.

Has anyone one else been treated in a similar way?. I haven't been yet but was thinking of attending on Saturday but wonder if I will now bother because my friend was told by quite a few 'why don't you keep on staying away?'. Absolutely wonderful.:(

You'll be ok going back to where you used to sit. I'm the only one left from last season.

Full of randomers now.

There is a spare seat next to me owdun in the railway paddock if you want a bit of time bedding in again myself and mates will look after you:)

i've not stayed away and done nothing to promote change at our club and won't ever try to claim this. You guys decided to get involved with the politics of running the club me I just watch the footy. I welcome you all back with open arms and am glad you're coming back cause you're missing some ok games. WELCOME HOME lads :D

Now thats how it should be.:yes:

I think the "them & us" attitude is ridiculous. We're all Vale aren't we? I applaud those that help change the boardroom as much as I think it is time for them to return.

We should unite against the common enemy- Stoke ****ing City!

Archived