onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Message to Smurf re: new manager

gavcradd

I know Smurf reads these forums - he refers to OneMoanFan enough. If he's reading this, here's a direct message to him.

Norman, If you weren't considering Aspo as of yet, go and speak to him. Better still, pick a few random 30+ year old Vale fans ask them to give you one word about him. I guarantee you'll get "committed", "dedicated", "hard", "organised", etc. All of the things that we lack at the moment. Just because you haven't heard of him doesn't mean that he's a nobody. To Vale fans, he's a legend who would run through brick walls for the club. Better still, he's got a decent record at a level not much below ours. If he was a success, he wouldn't be off for the bigger paycheque in a few months either. He'd also (crucially) be given more goodwill than many other appointments would be. If we didn't start winning immediately, noone would be calling for his head.

The only logical choice you've got to get someone better than Aspo is an experienced manager who has promotions from League Two and League One on their CV, perhaps with a history of turning around failing clubs. If someone like that has applied, and you're sure that they are the real deal then absolutely go for it. But just be aware that your definition of "exceptional" is maybe different than most Vale fans.

If the candidates you have in your shortlist of three are people like Paul Ince, forget it. He isn't exceptional, far from it. Don't fall for the "contacts" ******** again that did you over so badly with Bruno. Someone who has played recently in the Prem is no good for us in this situation. They'll be big time Charlies who will talk the talk but not be able to do anything with the sorry band of muppets we currently have who call themselves players.

So Aspo or the experienced, successful manager. Either of those would give the fans a lift and go some way to build bridges back with the fans. I don't quite think you understand what would happen if this gamble on someone like Ince goes wrong - down to the conference with a whimper, sub 3,000 gates being the norm and us stuck there for a decade to come. You say you've seriously damaged the club with past appointments - this one has the chance of destroying it. Fingers crossed.

Advert

I know Smurf reads these forums - he refers to OneMoanFan enough. If he's reading this, here's a direct message to him.

Norman, If you weren't considering Aspo as of yet, go and speak to him. Better still, pick a few random 30+ year old Vale fans ask them to give you one word about him. I guarantee you'll get "committed", "dedicated", "hard", "organised", etc. All of the things that we lack at the moment. Just because you haven't heard of him doesn't mean that he's a nobody. To Vale fans, he's a legend who would run through brick walls for the club. Better still, he's got a decent record at a level not much below ours. If he was a success, he wouldn't be off for the bigger paycheque in a few months either. He'd also (crucially) be given more goodwill than many other appointments would be. If we didn't start winning immediately, noone would be calling for his head.

The only logical choice you've got to get someone better than Aspo is an experienced manager who has promotions from League Two and League One on their CV, perhaps with a history of turning around failing clubs. If someone like that has applied, and you're sure that they are the real deal then absolutely go for it. But just be aware that your definition of "exceptional" is maybe different than most Vale fans.

If the candidates you have in your shortlist of three are people like Paul Ince, forget it. He isn't exceptional, far from it. Don't fall for the "contacts" ******** again that did you over so badly with Bruno. Someone who has played recently in the Prem is no good for us in this situation. They'll be big time Charlies who will talk the talk but not be able to do anything with the sorry band of muppets we currently have who call themselves players.

So Aspo or the experienced, successful manager. Either of those would give the fans a lift and go some way to build bridges back with the fans. I don't quite think you understand what would happen if this gamble on someone like Ince goes wrong - down to the conference with a whimper, sub 3,000 gates being the norm and us stuck there for a decade to come. You say you've seriously damaged the club with past appointments - this one has the chance of destroying it. Fingers crossed.

The truth is Norman has no clue what to do. He has not only no experience as a football owner I don't think he even had much interest in football itself prior to the vale.

It's all smoke and mirrors he will wait to see who of his shortlist is more popular with everyone and appoint them.

He has stated today it won't be Aspin he will measure the pubic outcry. Appoint aspin.

If it goes well smurfs adulation from the half brains will return if aspin fails he will blame the fans.

I still think he'll pick an absolute cretin like before the reason is because he hasn't a clue and if Micky Adams were to point him in the right direction he'd ignore the advice because he always thinks he knows best.You rarely get common sense out of someone puffed up with their own importance but I could be wrong thee nowst,wunner bay the fost tarm,just hope I am.

I still think he'll pick an absolute cretin like before the reason is because he hasn't a clue and if Micky Adams were to point him in the right direction he'd ignore the advice because he always thinks he knows best.You rarely get common sense out of someone puffed up with their own importance but I could be wrong thee nowst,wunner bay the fost tarm,just hope I am.

Don't get what all the confusion is.

IT WILL BE JIMMY BELL 100%

No use knocking gav when there's no one in he will do what's best for him not the club or fans

Kanye West once said at a concert, everyone stood behind him (ie the band) was better than him at what they do and if they weren’t, they wouldn’t be there. I would suggest Norm takes a leaf out of his book and listen to Micky because he knows better, or why pay his consultancy fee? Then he should listen to Rudgie and anyone else who understands Port Vale because it is apparent our owner doesn’t have a clue.

Thinking of Kanye- rich, unpredictable, arrogant, deluded- rings a bell that

The fact you take interest in Kanye West speaks volumes about you, no further comment.

I know lots of quotes, by lots of people; that one was appropriate.

Your presumption shows you up to be a ridiculous little bottler who’s spitting his ridiculous dummy out over every thread. Grow up and get a grip or you won’t be allowed to stay up late for Match of the Day.

When you’re grown up enough, listen to “Yeezus”, it’s a great album- especially “Black Skinhead”. The swearing might mean you’ll have to wait a few years though.

I know lots of quotes, by lots of people; that one was appropriate.

Your presumption shows you up to be a ridiculous little bottler who’s spitting his ridiculous dummy out over every thread. Grow up and get a grip or you won’t be allowed to stay up late for Match of the Day

Awwww how cute you no famous quotes from lots of people. Well done you, go buy yourself a big shiny medal.

If Aspin did end up being the boss and we end up being relegated I wouldn’t blame Aspo one bit but with Aspin in charge I feel confident he would get us out of the National League if that’s where we end up!

Halifax and Gateshead. That is his CV right now. Forget the amazing performances the blood and thunder etc etc

A football manager indeed any manager is totally different.

You have to enspire a group of people to jump through hoops of fire, play people to strengths, stamp out poor performance reward good performance.

If Aspin had never played for Port Vale would you consider him ?

Archived