onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite out

Matlock Vale

Advert

Things should have kicked off when we went down, but nothing happened bare a few tepid Smurf out chants.

Vale fans thrive on apathy; the B and G protests of 2011 were led by a group of around 10 motivated, organised Vale fans, a majority of which either don't attend anymore or have simply lost the will. From what I can gather this is largely due to the backlash many of us protesters received from fellow Vale 'fans'. Despite the near-criminal activities of the previous regime, we were still spat at on marches, accused of 'killing the club' whilst handing out fliers, and belittled by fans for not attending, which is all very fresh in my memory and contributes to the lack of love I feel for Vale and its fanbase these days.

As a result, the natural leaders of any protest movement aren't bothered, and the remaining fans either don't care about off the field issues, which is their prerogative, or simply don't have the fight in them anymore to risk the abuse we received last time. Also, unlike V2001 where there were shares to count and EGM's to call, there's very little we can do bar shout. Smurf will claim we've put off a Dubai Consortium with our nastiness, take a back seat, and the cycle will restart, until eventually the club knocks around non-league/ceases to exist.

Its all very defeatist, but I've been an active and vocal critic of Smurf for a couple of years to no avail. I've tried to encourage staying away but not enough people are up for it to make it worth the while. The atmosphere's too dead at games to start chanting and most fans would kick off for 'distracteen popey and the lads'. Any protest outside the Lorne Street would probably attract no more than 50/100, a bit of abuse would fly our way from the regulars, Dani will take to twitter and Smurf will retreat to the shadows.

Apologies for the rant but I've been up for kicking off for a long time. Its reached the point that I've accepted what fate Norman chooses. UTV

Things should have kicked off when we went down, but nothing happened bare a few tepid Smurf out chants.

Vale fans thrive on apathy; the B and G protests of 2011 were led by a group of around 10 motivated, organised Vale fans, a majority of which either don't attend anymore or have simply lost the will. From what I can gather this is largely due to the backlash many of us protesters received from fellow Vale 'fans'. Despite the near-criminal activities of the previous regime, we were still spat at on marches, accused of 'killing the club' whilst handing out fliers, and belittled by fans for not attending, which is all very fresh in my memory and contributes to the lack of love I feel for Vale and its fanbase these days.

As a result, the natural leaders of any protest movement aren't bothered, and the remaining fans either don't care about off the field issues, which is their prerogative, or simply don't have the fight in them anymore to risk the abuse we received last time. Also, unlike V2001 where there were shares to count and EGM's to call, there's very little we can do bar shout. Smurf will claim we've put off a Dubai Consortium with our nastiness, take a back seat, and the cycle will restart, until eventually the club knocks around non-league/ceases to exist.

Its all very defeatist, but I've been an active and vocal critic of Smurf for a couple of years to no avail. I've tried to encourage staying away but not enough people are up for it to make it worth the while. The atmosphere's too dead at games to start chanting and most fans would kick off for 'distracteen popey and the lads'. Any protest outside the Lorne Street would probably attract no more than 50/100, a bit of abuse would fly our way from the regulars, Dani will take to twitter and Smurf will retreat to the shadows.

Apologies for the rant but I've been up for kicking off for a long time. Its reached the point that I've accepted what fate Norman chooses. UTV

Does anyone one know any Vale fans who are happy with smurthwaite?

Sent from my E2303 using the onevalefan mobile app

Does anyone one know any Vale fans who are happy with smurthwaite?

His Brown sacking tweet on twitter is filled with people thanking him and telling him to learn from his mistakes and sort us out.

Many people just turn on and a Saturday and support the lads, which I honestly wish I could do.

The anger isn't there in the fanbase; its feels like resignation, an acceptance of the position we're in without the motivation to do anything about it.

Some of us are still here and are still willing to fight if the support is there. Sadly over the last year or so, when we really should have been getting at Norman, it's usually just a few shouts in anger in a sea of apathy.

How difficult a battle was it to oust Bratt and his crew? And that was when the club was supposedly fan run! With votes, board members etc.

Now there is one man, Smurthwaite. Apparently not even here at home games to listen to any chants, not that they would bother him anyway. He seemed pretty detached on his Radio Stoke interview, and certainly his delusional old self. How about boycotts? Well season ticket sales weren't too bad considering, and renewal is some 9 months away now? Attendance figures won't be all that hot regardless of protests due to the bad results/performance etc.

Blackpool, Blackburn, Charlton... virtually whole clubs united in opposition to the ownership. Release chickens, throw things on the pitch, boycott games, cause matches to be abandoned... those owners are still there, probably will be this time next year. I'm not saying don't try, I'm just saying ok, get the whole fanbase united against Smurthwaite, then what? I don't know that there is anything that can be done.

How difficult a battle was it to oust Bratt and his crew? And that was when the club was supposedly fan run! With votes, board members etc.

Now there is one man, Smurthwaite. Apparently not even here at home games to listen to any chants, not that they would bother him anyway. He seemed pretty detached on his Radio Stoke interview, and certainly his delusional old self. How about boycotts? Well season ticket sales weren't too bad considering, and renewal is some 9 months away now? Attendance figures won't be all that hot regardless of protests due to the bad results/performance etc.

Blackpool, Blackburn, Charlton... virtually whole clubs united in opposition to the ownership. Release chickens, throw things on the pitch, boycott games, cause matches to be abandoned... those owners are still there, probably will be this time next year. I'm not saying don't try, I'm just saying ok, get the whole fanbase united against Smurthwaite, then what? I don't know that there is anything that can be done.

You've just sunk my ship! 😔

Get on the pitch and stop the next game. Cause a right scene and tell that ***** to **** off.

We need hardcore fans like you back in the fold though mate. And others who have had enough.

At the minute there is no passion whatsoever apart from 2000 odd who are 50 years plus who will blindly go whatever.

That's not knocking that but that's the sad state of our football club.

If it were a dog it would have been put down in the summer.

If there's a reason to go, an idea, a plan, a scene to cause, I'll go down and help cause it. I don't want to give that tosspot a penny if I'm not achieving anything.

Is an old fashioned banners and chant protest outside the Lorne Street an option?

I'd love for it to be well-attended but after last time I'm fearful of 50 of us standing outside in the rain, getting the same old comments from the idiots walking past.

Archived