onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Charlotteville comments

Paul6754

Advert

Can someone explain why this statue, which was the cause of all the trouble, was erected in 1924, years after the Civil War had finished and long after Lee himself said he wanted no statues but just to move on? Can someone also explain why a statue was erected to commemorate the bloke who lost the war?

they are history remembered, Churchill has a couple and he was a villain, as well as a great servant of his people...

To remove these statues is to denigh our/their historic past, almost every statue's subject has 2 sides good and bad. Its the pc brigade again, we've apologised for our part in slavery, but its part of our history, all this is getting like state censorship history books will be "modified" or burnt...God help us then.

It was a ridiculous post. That was the point. But no more ridiculous than going on about trying to equate a permit with nazi terrorists.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/08/16/president-trumps-false-claim-that-counter-demonstrators-lacked-a-permit/

My point was that sometimes someone is to blame. In Charlottesville it was nazi's and in Barcelona it is Islamic terrorists. They both should be criticised unconditionally, especially by the president of USA because they both are responsible for about 90% of their domestic terrorism since 9/11.

The statement, "equate a permit with nazi terrorists" is simply nonsensical. I despise the KKK and far right groups as much as anyone but in the USA there is a right to free speech as long as it's within the law of the land as have the left. Permits are required for protest by groups of people and if you read your link only one permit was issued and it wasn't for the counter demonstration.

A Prof of Education at UV applied for the permits to demonstrate in Charlottesville on the same day and in the same area as the right wing group, why would a supposedly educated man do that knowing trouble and violence could ensue, why would the far left anti-Trump Mayor of Charlottesville allegedly give the order for the Police to stand down knowing full well confontation would be the likely outcome and this is not the first time this senario has happened this year in a US city.

The answer is it's all part of a left wing conspiracy to unseat Trump using people as pawns and you can see from my posts on the Trump thread that I am not a supporter of Trump. It's also an attempt to prevent free speech, again a tactic the far Left are well versed in.

There were members of the KKK and the far right present in Charlottesville but to suggest every right wing protester there was a member of the KKK or a Nazi is just simply riculous and shows a biased view, it's like saying all muslims are radical Islamists intent on terrorism which is equally ridiculous and wrong and I realize you haven't suggested the latter.

The answer is it's all part of a left wing conspiracy to unseat Trump using people as pawns and you can see from my posts on the Trump thread that I am not a supporter of Trump. It's also an attempt to prevent free speech, again a tactic the far Left are well versed in.

There were members of the KKK and the far right present in Charlottesville but to suggest every right wing protester there was a member of the KKK or a Nazi is just simply riculous and shows a biased view, it's like saying all muslims are radical Islamists intent on terrorism which is equally ridiculous and wrong and I realize you haven't suggested the latter.

Do you really believe the left wing conspiracy stuff? Surely that is just as biased a view as saying that all the protestors were KKK and Neo Nazis?

Can someone explain why this statue, which was the cause of all the trouble, was erected in 1924, years after the Civil War had finished and long after Lee himself said he wanted no statues but just to move on? Can someone also explain why a statue was erected to commemorate the bloke who lost the war?

I think it's more to do with his capability as a Military person and his involvement in the post surrender era.

Promotion of slavery and racism for a start.

I know he owned slaves as did most land owners in the south as it was the economic's of the south, but northern land owners also used them... As for racism can you provide proof as I've never seen any evidence of racism?

The states of the union were all sovereign, so when the individual states voted the 13 were challenged over slavery they succeeded as was there right, Lee left the US army and joined his home state Virginia, with his experience he was made general of the army of North Virginia, the main force of the south. He was revered by friend and foe, both during and after the war, nowhere was any mention of racism...

As your reply ends with "for a start", what else was he accused of?

Do you really believe the left wing conspiracy stuff? Surely that is just as biased a view as saying that all the protestors were KKK and Neo Nazis?

It's a possibility but there does appear something in the air including efforts from all angles to unseat Trump but while the economy remains strong it probably won't happen.

I didn't get chance to reply to your and Yukon's blinkered and inaccurate posts on the Charlottesville riot but I'll do it here as you are obviously making reference to it.

There were two sides with opposing views in Charlottesville, the extremes on the right and the left are both odious and disgaceful elements but Youself, Santa and Yukon don't appear to consider incitement to violence and killing Policemen by members of the Black Lives Organization to be odious or disgusting, it doesn't fit with your blinkered agendas.

Also, the far right had a permit to protest as is their right under the first ammendment, the left had no permit and their gathering was illegal.

There were more than enough Police around to prevent the violence but orders were given for the Police to stand down which they did and violence ensued from both sides. The finger is being pointed at the far left, anti-Trump Mayor of Charlotesville as the person who gave the order, whoever did bears a huge responsibility for the events in Charlottesville.

A free speech march is to be held in Boston this weekend, I expect Police presence will be extensive, no stand down orders given and as a result no repeat of the violence seen in Virginia.

Hope you feel good mmaking such a sarcastic and in your own words ridiculous post on such a tragic incident.

BLM only exist because of the scum who's actions you're justifying.

You're right, there are two sides; those who don't march under swastikas and those who are wrong, hateful filth.

Archived