onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dave Felsted

deanleese

I made a decision to start going again, I paid to get in Saturday.

As a person who campaigned with hundreds of others I feel we campaigned for change, we collectively have achieved change. Its not the change we wanted, or indeed in my opinion change that is 100% right for the club, but it is significant change.

Lets not forget that with out the various groups not only would we not have seen the changes at board level we have that without them we would have been stuck with Ameriturf and BSI would not be on the scene [ yes we can debate all day long if they are connected ]

This infighting has to stop some where, Ive personally decided what I want to do.

Advert

Birdy

Like it or not , dont you realise that when you speak and express your views, some people will always take it as the 'campaign group ' speaking. This applies to all the leading lights in all the campaign group, especially when the majority of that group say the same.

If one of the group speaks out differently then so what. You dont have to ' toe the line ' or do you ?

I made a decision to start going again, I paid to get in Saturday.

As a person who campaigned with hundreds of others I feel we campaigned for change, we collectively have achieved change. Its not the change we wanted, or indeed in my opinion change that is 100% right for the club, but it is significant change.

Lets not forget that with out the various groups not only would we not have seen the changes at board level we have that without them we would have been stuck with Ameriturf and BSI would not be on the scene [ yes we can debate all day long if they are connected ]

This infighting has to stop some where, Ive personally decided what I want to do.

tisdeano

Have to agree. Hope many ,many more follow.

4500 home fans will only lead to further decline.

Have said previously , we have got what we wanted - CHANGE -

Dave Felsted... I used to respect you maybe even look up to you so it saddens me to post that you must step down from any role within the Supporters Club.

Firstly you seem to find being Deakins campaign man more important than the neutral role of the SC chairman. You are constantly actively swaying votes and worse criticising anyone who voices an alternative opinion. Trying to claim that a vote against Deakin is a vote for Bratt is pathetic at best.

Secondly and most importantly if the chair of the SC is known to have been and still is lying to supporters then his place within the SC would be untenable fact.

I risk losing friends over this but I'm so ****ing angry that I'm prepared to walk away from PVFC forever knowing you are lying and witholding info from supporters exactly like Bratt or Oliver did/do.

Why are you not telling fans about Dimensions?

Who actually holds Robbie Williams proxy vote?

Why was Deakin pushed out of Birmingham City?

How are Deakin and Miller funding their shares purchase?

This new board are soon to be 50% plus owners of PVFC and you know nothing about them apart from what Lloyd and Deakin have told you how useful will RW proxy be then?

I know I'll be ousted from B&G for this thread because as a group they are still trying to use any info with a "what's best for the club" ideal but I simply always try to be open and honest and I can't and won't change.

There are members of B&G who I truly respect (you should know who you are) and IF this new era goes t***s up I'm sure we can all rely on them to do what is best for the club again.

When Bratt and Oliver have gone I'll be able to take in a game and look anyone in the eye having tried my bit.

Hope you are happy now :(

I for one Tosh, although never really posted that much pre-protests : ) Closure is due I think.

I've said this before Birdy but pre Internet days saw us going the game, watching us lose, :rolleyes: then moaning our socks off in the pub after for an hour or two with our mates and maybe bringing it up at work on a Monday morning before forgetting about it until the next game, now it's 24/7 with everyone constantly chipping in and to be honest it's taken all the fun out of supporting a crap football club....wish I could go back to the late Seventies when I had hair, a 32" waist and no Laptop!:D

I've said this before Birdy but pre Internet days saw us going the game, watching us lose, :rolleyes: then moaning our socks off in the pub after for an hour or two with our mates and maybe bringing it up at work on a Monday morning before forgetting about it until the next game, now it's 24/7 with everyone constantly chipping in and to be honest it's taken all the fun out of supporting a crap football club....wish I could go back to the late Seventies when I had hair, a 32" waist and no Laptop!:D

I can manage 2 out of 3 but the waist is a bit of a bugger.:D:laugh:

I haven't bothered to check but it would be interesting to see how many have posted on this thread with such enthusiasm who have not posted on the match threads, maybe Twitters and Jacko have but less than 10% would be my guess which goes to show how embroiled people have become and who have totally lost sight of why they support the club!:(

I very rarely post in a match thread... what can I say when I dont attend.. except occasionally commenting on the result, good or bad.

The comparison is as relevant as comparing who posted in this thread against the girly talk thread.... its a forum for fans to talk about what they want to.... within reason..

No offense intended......

If you could make that the 60's I wouldnt mind, except the waistline is a bit large.:rolleyes:

I like to think that I get on well with both Dave and Dean and so perhaps this give me a good view of this current impasse.

Personally I can see both sides. Dave I find as an 100% honest guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. He has been instrumental in much good work including obtaining the RW Proxy for the SC.

On the otherhand I believe that Dean is partly correct (not regarding Dave's honesty I wish to add) in saying that mistakes have been made and two which I do agree are:

1. Dave shouldn't have attended the meeting with Lloyd and Deakin on his own as it would have been wiser for any member of either the SC or the B&G group to have been in attendance with him.This would have been to have both some imput and vouch for Dave's opinions. This would surely have satisfied the more suspicious natured amongst our group.

2. The biggest mistake was for Dave to make his opinion known to the Deakin issue. This is because a price that a chairperson must pay is that in public he/she keeps their own opinions to themself. Many believe including myself that what Dave Felstead says holds a great sway in making up many peoples minds because most people including myself trust his integrity. That though doesn't make his opinion necessarily the correct one. So people should have been free to make up their own mind. I don't consider thoughthat Dave did this deliberately.

Passions are very high but come on lads you both played a big part in enforcing change because whether the Anti-protesters like it or not without those nasty Protesters we would still have been 'we are where we are!' and the man who made this now famed statement still firmly in place, along with his cronies.

Finally my choice for the SC elected boardmember JEAN JACKSON. She is bright as a button and knows more than anyone on that board about Port Vale.

P.S. I can have a public opinion cos I aren't the SC chairman.

I like to think that I get on well with both Dave and Dean and so perhaps this give me a good view of this current impasse.

Personally I can see both sides. Dave I find as an 100% honest guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. He has been instrumental in much good work including obtaining the RW Proxy for the SC.

On the otherhand I believe that Dean is partly correct (not regarding Dave's honesty I wish to add) in saying that mistakes have been made and two which I do agree are:

1. Dave shouldn't have attended the meeting with Lloyd and Deakin on his own as it would have been wiser for any member of either the SC or the B&G group to have been in attendance with him.This would have been to have both some imput and vouch for Dave's opinions. This would surely have satisfied the more suspicious natured amongst our group.

2. The biggest mistake was for Dave to make his opinion known to the Deakin issue. This is because a price that a chairperson must pay is that in public he/she keeps their own opinions to themself. Many believe including myself that what Dave Felstead says holds a great sway in making up many peoples minds because most people including myself trust his integrity. That though doesn't make his opinion necessarily the correct one. So people should have been free to make up their own mind. I don't consider thoughthat Dave did this deliberately.

Passions are very high but come on lads you both played a big part in enforcing change because whether the Anti-protesters like it or not without those nasty Protesters we would still have been 'we are where we are!' and the man who made this now famed statement still firmly in place, along with his cronies.

Finally my choice for the SC elected boardmember JEAN JACKSON. She is bright as a button and knows more than anyone on that board about Port Vale.

I agree with most of your comments OS.........And if Dave sticks by his guns and resigns...........There would be NO better choice than Jean Jackson IMHO..........And no i am not going to start a thread on this. She is the perfect choice.

2. The biggest mistake was for Dave to make his opinion known to the Deakin issue. This is because a price that a chairperson must pay is that in public he/she keeps their own opinions to themself. Many believe including myself that what Dave Felstead says holds a great sway in making up many peoples minds because most people including myself trust his integrity. That though doesn't make his opinion necessarily the correct one. So people should have been free to make up their own mind. I don't consider thoughthat Dave did this deliberately..

Can i ask OS, were you of the same opinion, and did you voice it, when Dave was canversing supporter opinion for use fo the proxy at the EGM yet making it clear how he personally would vote? Or didn't that concern you because you agreed with the way he would vote?

IMO Dave has acted no different on eaither occasion, apart from this time he appears to be voting a different way than a vocal few on here.

theyt a gud un owd sage

IDave... can't speak for others but I felt completely let down by your go it alone attitude.

Personally I think DF's done a lot to force the change that has taken place. It's maybe not the change many wished for but without the efforts gone to to gain RW's proxy before the AGM then the vote of no confidence in the Board would never of succeeded.

Dean I think you'd be advised now to give it a rest, tickle-tacking on MB's never reflects well & if you feel that strongly get yourself down to the next SC meeting & vent your frustrations there.

Archived