onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dave Felsted

deanleese

So Wednesday could be the final day of protest

I certainly hope so,there again,Wednesday could be the day when MARK SIMMS gives his decision about joining the board,My fear is if his answer is no then ............... I will let you work out the rest ............

Advert

Tosh

By one that has since moved on, and one that is still there (as well as the more general 'oppositional' sentiment expressed by a whole clutch of others, almost all of whom still remain). Community club, my ar$e.

Shocking! I take it you dont wish to name and shame?

No naming and shaming. Don't think that would be productive. Also, don't want to hijack this thread.

Also, my comments should be put into a wider context. The staff and (present and former) directors at the Vale, as with any organisation in the city, reflect the wider make up and views of the people of SOT. We all know there's been a problem in the city with anti-Asian and anti-asylum and refugee sentiment. The election of BNP councillors in the 2000s is representative of these views. The club doesn't exist in a vacuum, so the comments were hardly suprising. Also, given recent work I've been doing across Europe, I've heard a lot worse at staff from football clubs since, especially in central and eastern Europe

Anyway, enought of that for this thread.

I haven't bothered to check but it would be interesting to see how many have posted on this thread with such enthusiasm who have not posted on the match threads, maybe Twitters and Jacko have but less than 10% would be my guess which goes to show how embroiled people have become and who have totally lost sight of why they support the club!:(

It's difficult to post on the match threads if you aren't attending the matches.

It's difficult to post on the match threads if you aren't attending the matches.

It would be wrong to post on a game you haven't seen but you could comment on the result, people seem to post stuff on rumours and hearsay easily enough!

Not directed at you personally btw, but in general.

Dean said,

Are you keeping hold of the proxy vote or leaving it in the hands of the SC committee who can always take a democratic vote on how it is used?

Dean it simply doesnt work like that. This is what has annoyed me so much because people have emailed RW's people without asking to see the proxy.

There isnt a hope in hell of RW's people allocating the proxy to 'whoever happens to be SC Chair' IMHO they wouldnt allow a situation whereby one of the world's most famous people has his name represented by 'whoever happens to be SC Chair'

They simply wanted someone who is a member of the Supporters Club who they believed would act in the best interest of all Vale fans by agreeing to act as the proxy but not using his own views but would be willing to use his very best efforts to consult with as many fans as possible and then take the majority view and vote likewise (even if that majority view differed from his own).

I believe I have done that as well as I possibly could. In addition to organising the meetings I spent, pre EGM, a whole weekend replying individually to 400 fans who emailed their views. Additionally I had a number of run-ins with the local media for their failure to do the basic thing and read a press release. Plus a consultation process now has to be done for Perry Deakin's application. Then there is the implementation of the supporter elected Director. Dean, do you have any idea how much time this takes up?

I am resigning as Chair but will continue on the SC committee purely to facilitate the proxy unless it is withdrawn.

My mistake, as my friends have told me, is that I wear my heart on my sleeve and if I'm asked my opinion I give it - for those who attended the BGWMC meetings I precluded what I said by stating 'this is a personal view' but I accept that I have not done that on here. I saw this thread at around midnight last night - fortunately I had some drink close by.

Dean, you are a grand lad and its not nice to hear you speak like this but I honestly dont know anything other than what's in the public domain. I just believe (personal view again) that the new Board is shaping up to having International contacts at a high level whereas V2001 couldnt see beyond the end of Hamil Road.

As you know Dean I have asked B&G and also mentioned it to Old Sage, and Mark Rutter (SEO) that I think it is in the best interest of the club for all protest groups to make a joint Press Release announcing cessation to protests, encourage everyone back into the club, and give the new people the 12 months thy've asked for to prove their intentions. If they fail us then I will be the first out on the street with you. This is a personal viewpoint but I will be asking the SC committee tonight if they will adopt this as the SC viewpoint.

Unfortunately this appeal to B&G, NLV and SEO is apparently falling on deaf ears and its very sad. Particularly as they have achieved the main objective of removing V2001.

Regards,

Dave F

Dave... I have stood next to you at protests absolutely sure that mine and your intentions were exactly the same and completely correct. You and I hated the lack of transparency from Bratt and co. Now in my opinion you are manipulating meetings (to be alone) with Lloyd and Deakin and giving nothing to fans by way of info and worse telling fans how they should vote without substance or reason. Your comment that a vote against Deakin was a vote for Bratt was unbelievable mate especially from the chair of the SC.

What information B&G have found you have tried to block us going public by saying we are risking RWs proxy yet over the last year or two all of the campaign groups have found and put out reams of info into the public domain and I have been one of the loudest voices that we withold nothing so perhaps with your new stance this clash was inevitable.

I know you to be a decent bloke with the clubs best interests at heart.

My problem stems from a while back when inside our E-mail circle it became apparent you had acted alone (yes you have a history for doing your own thing) scuppering one or two B&G plans and ruffling a few feathers in the process. At that time I hope you remember I was one of the people who defended you, insisting it must have been a mistake. I was told by some not to trust you but more importantly that you always act alone and that it would only happen again. I chose not to believe and now feel a mug.

Dave you know the SC was all but dead until you gained the proxy but now it is buoyant again only problem is you hold the SC to ransom again using RWs proxy. I'm guessing this might be the real reason you are resigning although it did amuse me how some thought a post on a message board by little old me was to blame.

If you genuinely resent some of my original post then I'll apologise if we meet although that is unlikely as at the moment I really feel I need to wash my hands of the club... I just never thought it would be you who was the last straw.

Gutted

Dean.

Archived