onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Former Valiant Remie Streete linked with Wigan move

News Feed

How anyone can agree with the way the Streete new contract issue was dealt with by the people in control, then I doubt their ability to run a football club. It was clear as day that Remi was on his way but by making him an offer meant that any club wanting him must stump up a few grand to add to our 'competitive'budget.

Advert

How anyone can agree with the way the Streete new contract issue was dealt with by the people in control, then I doubt their ability to run a football club. It was clear as day that Remi was on his way but by making him an offer meant that any club wanting him must stump up a few grand to add to our 'competitive'budget.

Sorry Bon'Ami, I'm a little off the pace in this conversation but I was sure I read earlier Remi had turned down a new offer. Obviously not the case.

It's walking upside down that does it :smile:

Streete was not offered a contract and even on his previous wages he was worth two of some of Browns geriatrics and young kids.I am amazed that Brown and Garlick ( and the fat controller) could not see what an asset they had.Time will tell if he makes it in the big time but I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the buttocks.A contract with a sell on clause would have been fine.It just shows how small minded the current regime is about keeping our best players.No other club would let its best players leave without offering a contract. If he had to stay at least we would have the benefit of having a decent player who would be a first team regular.

Why would he do himself out of money? It's clear it was Garlick and Brown who made the utterly bizarre decision.

Wonder if Brown has used some of his budget to pay off Bruno's signing.

No brainier not to offer Streete a contract.

He could have used Foleys wages and the money he has used to offer Yates and Pugh to keep him.

Don't think he would have stayed anyway but at least we would have got a fee for him.Garlick and Brown are so small minded.

As I said earlier, no club showed any interest in Remie Streete in January. So the risk was that he would sign a contract. Again as I said earlier, the idiocy was in giving him that contract in the first place which was a large increase on what he was getting at Newcastle.

His departure may well turn out to have cost the club a few quid but it will be a dropin the ocean compared to the cash Norm chucked away last year on his "experiment".

He could have used Foleys wages and the money he has used to offer Yates and Pugh to keep him.

Don't think he would have stayed anyway but at least we would have got a fee for him.Garlick and Brown are so small minded.

Absolutely.

Do you really and honestly believe that Norman Smurfthwaite had no input to the decision to release Streete ?

All previous evidence suggests otherwise, he couldn't keep his nose out of a mousetrap and has interfered in all of his managers signings as well as done a few deals himself (J J Hooper for example). As Smurf was heavily involved with signing Streete it beggars belief that he would not want a say in his future.

If Smurf had wanted to keep Streete or thought it was a bad decision, he could have told Brown that he would risk another 30 or 40k and add that to his budget on a 'loan' basis - after all, he knows how to do this with the club - the compensation if any could then have paid it back. He failed to do this.

It is very convenient to blame Garlick and Brown for those who wish them to fail.

Why would he do himself out of money? It's clear it was Garlick and Brown who made the utterly bizarre decision.

because he can afford to REP,I'm convinced that fiasco has normans stamp on it,it may have cost him money but it also cost the clubs finances and that would give him immense satisfaction.

because he can afford to REP,I'm convinced that fiasco has normans stamp on it,it may have cost him money but it also cost the clubs finances and that would give him immense satisfaction.

Those are his finances Bookers, it's like you lighting your gas hob with burning £20 notes.

He offeeed him a contract earlier this season but Streete was determined to leave and play higher.

All Garlick and Brown had to do was match the offer, wait for the offers, agree to let him leave and wish him well whilst counting the cash and increasing the budget, foolish behaviour you won't find the majority of other teams doing.

Those are his finances Bookers, it's like you lighting your gas hob with burning £20 notes.

He offeeed him a contract earlier this season but Streete was determined to leave and play higher.

All Garlick and Brown had to do was match the offer, wait for the offers, agree to let him leave and wish him well whilst counting the cash and increasing the budget, foolish behaviour you won't find the majority of other teams doing.

well maybe but would garlick have done a stupid thing like that if still at Rochdale,dealing with an egotist like norman is a totally different ball game that's why I still think norman is still pulling the strings.

It's like the club is being run by the The 3 Stooges.

Brown,Fradley and Garlic don't seem to be able to run a pi*s up in a brewery.Neither of them can get a grip of us needing 15 to 16 players.All we get is Brown is working hard to bring in players.Doesnt seem capable of persuading people to sign up.

It's like the club is being run by the The 3 Stooges.

Brown,Fradley and Garlic don't seem to be able to run a pi*s up in a brewery.Neither of them can get a grip of us needing 15 to 16 players.All we get is Brown is working hard to bring in players.Doesnt seem capable of persuading people to sign up.

Give it a rest, you don't half talk some rubbish.

How much and when? Was it on the same terms or better than he was on? Was this before or after he told people in the lounge that Streete was a rubbish trainer? The player contradicts your frequent assertion.

Archived