onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

i bet the players

macca_pvfc

Just the feeling that they seem more intent on being pally with the players than instilling any kind of discipline in the team. Someone posted on here yesterday that Micky Adams would be up in arms if he could see how MG and GH go about training; they don't really work on fitness and the players spend most of their time in the jacuzzis.

Also, whilst Gary Roberts certainly has the ability to be one of the best players in this league, his behaviour (and that of other players) when Gannon was in charge was disgraceful. I can't see Grew or Horsfield taking that matter in hand.

Nothing like being positive is there ?

95% of people have been craving for todays excellent news yet we always have to have someone to put a dampner on it .

With Gannon gone at such short notice who did you expect to be put in charge ?

Look on the bright side ,at least that clown has gone and we may just get back to having our better players actually playing in their rightful positions instead of sitting on their backsides !

This is Port Vale, nothing happens quickly !

Advert

What worries me is Gannon took training this morning and obviously did his tactics for Tuesday. Grew will now have no opportunity to change that except back to how it was pre Gannon.

Tuesdays performance will totally be down to the players they need to show how much they want this now. I'm sure Grewey will be saying that to them.

4-4-2 Roberts, Collins & Griff back in the team. Time to step forward the real Port Vale !!!!!

There's a difference between ridiculously gleeful and seeing that things may not be as brilliant as people say. Why do Vale fans have such a difficulty with grey areas? Both my points are (IMO) true; should we just sweep them under the carpet?!

Who said anything about 'ridiculously gleeful' ? and nobody said things were 'brilliant' !

It's a start and whilst I agree your points are true ,there is no immediate fix so don't expect one .

Let's just be happy that for once the correct decision has been made.

I have no difficulty at all with the grey areas and don't expect them or wish them to be 'swept under' anywhere ,but for goodness sake let's just take one step at a time .

You never know , this might just keep us in with a chance of getting out of this abysmal league , because let's face it ,before today it was downhill all the way .

Just savour the moment and be positive ,I'm sure the players will be from now on ,let's hope it's enough .

The players have to pull together now, back to the old formation . If they are not fired up tomorrow, they never will be. Carry on with Grew, unless we can get an old hand in, happy on a 2 month contract to take us up, before MC takes over. The players have no excuse now, they are playing for next years contracts, either here or elsewhere. At least we now have a chance of the playoffs, even promotion with a run like last year. Too late for any loans now.

Postivity?! You old hippy!

This is a discussion forum and the only place I have to discuss issues relating to Port Vale and if I want to mention something of concern then I will, positive or not, particularly in a thread which is ostensibly about the players reactions to the removal of the manager and their reaction to it.

Nothing like being positive is there ?

95% of people have been craving for todays excellent news yet we always have to have someone to put a dampner on it .

With Gannon gone at such short notice who did you expect to be put in charge ?

Look on the bright side ,at least that clown has gone and we may just get back to having our better players actually playing in their rightful positions instead of sitting on their backsides !

This is Port Vale, nothing happens quickly !

Spot on, some people moan for the sake and are never satisfied.

A lame dog could do better than the gammon so lets give grewy a chance as with the horse I genuinly think that three wins WILL put us back in the top three.

Up the Vale!!!!!!!!

People are saying Roberts' behaviour was bad under Gannon I would say he's been rather tame considering what some of the other players have done or allegedly done. Also I wouldn't expect too much from tuesday night as the players will need to get over the change, even if they didn't like the irish barsteward.

Postivity?! You old hippy!

This is a discussion forum and the only place I have to discuss issues relating to Port Vale and if I want to mention something of concern then I will, positive or not, particularly in a thread which is ostensibly about the players reactions to the removal of the manager and their reaction to it.

Take it you'd prefer to stick with Gannon then ?

We all saw the players 'positive reactions' to his appointment but dont let that cloud your judgement .

Thought we were 'discussing' or do you only wish to 'discuss' when people agree with you ?

(and less of the 'old';) )

And they respected Gannon ???:laugh:

Don't see what's so funny; I never said that they did respect Gannon. I was merely responding to this part...

they always seemed to respect grewy and geoff more anyway

...of the original post.

Does no-one else agree that some of the players' behaviour during Gannon's time at the club has been disgraceful?

Archived