onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

i bet the players

macca_pvfc

Take it you'd prefer to stick with Gannon then ?

We all saw the players 'positive reactions' to his appointment but dont let that cloud your judgement .

Thought we were 'discussing' or do you only wish to 'discuss' when people agree with you ?

(and less of the 'old';) )

No, not at all! I felt like you were saying that I shouldn't be posting 'negative' things and I was responding.

What do you mean when you say "We all saw the players 'positive reactions' to his appointment but dont let that cloud your judgement ".

I suppose my problem is that the last few months have not sat very easily with me at all. As I said above, whilst Gannon had his many and obvious faults, the comments, behaviours and actions of some supporters, members of this site and players have, at times, made me feel genuinely ashamed and embarrassed of being a fan of the club that I've supported for nearly 40 years. Just because Gannon has now left, that doesn't go away. For example, I pity any manager that has to come in and try to get to grips with Gary Roberts and his clique.

Advert

What worries me is Gannon took training this morning and obviously did his tactics for Tuesday. Grew will now have no opportunity to change that except back to how it was pre Gannon.

Tuesdays performance will totally be down to the players they need to show how much they want this now. I'm sure Grewey will be saying that to them.

4-4-2 Roberts, Collins & Griff back in the team. Time to step forward the real Port Vale !!!!!

All Grewy has to say is..... As you were lads! :yes:

No, not at all! I felt like you were saying that I shouldn't be posting 'negative' things and I was responding.

What do you mean when you say "We all saw the players 'positive reactions' to his appointment but dont let that cloud your judgement ".

I suppose my problem is that the last few months have not sat very easily with me at all. As I said above, whilst Gannon had his many and obvious faults, the comments, behaviours and actions of some supporters, members of this site and players have, at times, made me feel genuinely ashamed and embarrassed of being a fan of the club that I've supported for nearly 40 years. Just because Gannon has now left, that doesn't go away. For example, I pity any manager that has to come in and try to get to grips with Gary Roberts and his clique.

We are from a very similar era, I to have seen many comings & goings on over many years and none have saddened me as much as the last three months or so under Gannon .

I just felt that after a chink of light shone through today you were very quick to pour water on the flickering flames.

The players reactions to the appointment of Gannon were obvious immediately, I think we'll find a very much more positive reaction to his departure.

As far as Gary Roberts goes ,I happen to think he's a fine player , I think his fellow team mates think he's a fine player , Port Vale will be much better off with him in the side not out of it.

As for his off -field activities ,as long as he performs for the Club I don't listen to gossip ,however if these so called activities start to affect his game and the Club then more fool him and yes I would agree it would be time for him to depart , hopefully this will not happen and we can all enjoy success together.

Up The Vale ,let's get out of this dire league !

There's a difference between ridiculously gleeful and seeing that things may not be as brilliant as people say. Why do Vale fans have such a difficulty with grey areas? Both my points are (IMO) true; should we just sweep them under the carpet?!

That's not how things tend to work on here! Grey areas and pragmatism don't exist, you have to be "pro" or "anti" something all the time! And not being convinced can be shifted into either camp depending on popular opinion. Therefore not being convinced by Grew = anti Grew which automatically equates to pro Gannon and comments of "I suppose you'd rather have Gannon then." That's how a lot of Vale fans seem to operate. ;)

IF TRUE IT JUST DEMONSTRATES THEIR COMPLETE LACK OF PROFFESIONALISM.

PRESUMABLY THEY WERE ALL HAPPY TO PICK UP THEIR WAGES DURING GANNONS REIGN?

You can hardly affect the outcome of a game if you are not picked. Some of the selections over the past 2 months have been ridiculous. Gannon should write a booked entited 'How to lose the dressing room'. Vale are not the first club where this has happened and won't be the last.

You can hardly affect the outcome of a game if you are not picked. Some of the selections over the past 2 months have been ridiculous. Gannon should write a booked entited 'How to lose the dressing room'. Vale are not the first club where this has happened and won't be the last.

Hopefully for the sake of the other 91 clubs in the league it will be the last!!

I agree with this.

The problem is probably that the Horse and Grewey are a bit too chummy with the players, so what we have now is a sort of players co-operative. This won't work. Remember how Adams had to kick their ***** when he arrived. Still, glad Gangone has gone. There's always next season to look forward to.....

apparently dave johnson has posted on twitter saying the players are saying get your money on us 2 be promoted now..

The players need a good kick in the ****. Why would an average team suddenly think that they are promotion material? Oh , because the manager's gone, and they can stop throwing their toys out of the pram . Gannon was a poor manager, but the players have a responsibilty to Port Vale to work for their wages , which they have not been doing for some time now.

The players need a good kick in the ****. Why would an average team suddenly think that they are promotion material? Oh , because the manager's gone, and they can stop throwing their toys out of the pram . Gannon was a poor manager, but the players have a responsibilty to Port Vale to work for their wages , which they have not been doing for some time now.

Or not been allowed to do.

Perhaps because now Gannon has gone the players know they'll be playing to a formation and style of play they're suited to and the best players won't be left out of the squad?

Archived