onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Run In

Unofficialvale

What's the old saying WE ARE TO GOOD TO GO DOWN then lets see it from the VALE PLAYERS ON SATURDAY all the fans want to see is some effort for 95 minutes and why again do the subs only come out for a few minutes at halftime.
Are the subs kept in to hear the 2nd half tactics? Considered more important than a limber -up, does seem unusual, I will save my judgement until the end of the season.

Advert

Its between us and Shrewsburyin my opinion. The week off leading upto Saturday will do the boys good & have a couple more re-join us for next week, HOPEFULLY get the win Saturday and against Chesterfield. If we win those 2 and get a draw or 2 from somewhere, we will stay up because personally I cant see Shrewsbury getting another win, where we have no excuse to win at least 1 game.

Between us, shrews and gills imo

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I think Michael Brown needs have a look at himself before he starts making statements like "off the scale if we stay up" personally I think it would be "off the scale if we went down" considering where we were when he took over compared to where we are now. We shouldn't even be in this position. Get a proper manager in somebody who knows what they are doing.

I agree, we've all given him the excuses, not his players, could not get any quality in in January, he has got injuries but it sounds as he has given in, so what kind of team talk does he give? "try and not get injured, try and keep the goals against down, if we are lucky and get a goal all well and good, but and its a big but the last 15mins look has you are footballers that will get what's left of the supporters on side so we don't get boo'ed off.

There's Brown, his staff profile says "he is known for his tenacious tackling and never say die attitude on the pitch"

is it beyond reason he can't pass this onto his players? they can't pass the ball, can't defend, can't beat the first man, just what do they do in training?

I'm sorry i'm sounding negative I've supported Vale for 63yrs and hopefully a few more, but all that effort to get into this division was wasted now...and when did we last have something to crow about to our lardie work-mates.

Lastly one word or two for the players and staff when you look in the mirror in a morning don't think how good I look and shall I get another tattoo, think am I worth my pay, and am I giving 100%, am I paying back the loyalty of the fans, am I wearing the shirt with pride, if you say yes goodbye its time you moved on, if no then start doing something about it this Saturday.

I'm really surprised that so many posts seem to forget the 'surprise' element in football that causes crazy results, like a couple of Burnley's wins in the Prem, like Oldham holding Sheff United, and dozens of others.

I don't accept that our last 4 games are necessarily more difficult than the next few just because the teams are higher in the table.

It is about form, motivation, and momentum as well as the need for the points. Going backwards from the last game, it will be an entirely different game if Fleetwood need points either to get automatic promotion or into the playoffs, than if they cant make the top 2 but also cant be caught.

Sheffield United, if already promoted, may well relax a bit, and even Bolton too.

Walsall - who knows. Chestefield may have given up by the time we play them too, there are so many imponderables that comparing games on opposition league position alone is crazy.

One of our opponents may be starting or in the middle of a run of form (Coventry have won 2 in a row now and they were doomed, they might win their next 2 or 3 and maybe they can beat one of our rivals).

At least one of the top teams will have a bad run, or some bad results - and look at Swindon v Millwall last weekend - Swindon on a shocking run and Millwall undefeated in something like 16 games, but Swindon won it.

We had 3 games in a week, Ryan Taylor in particular was maligned badly for being totally knackered against MKD when he won us 3 points just a week before.

With a weeks rest, he could be back to much better effect.

Shopido was just beginning to look good when we lost him to a really annoying international duty, and if Guy could return and a few of the others have another week then we could look a much sharper team.

There were positves against MKD - we battled for a point when we should have lost really, Mehmet kept a clean sheet and looks pretty useful, and some other results went our way,

Another thing I have to say is that there is no such thing as a 'must win' game. The nearest is what we call a six-pointer and they can be crucial - thankfully we won the 2 recent ones that were against Shrewsbury and Swindon.

But IF we were to draw or even lose to Wimbledon, then it doesn't mean we are down - we would still have 7 or 8 games left and other results might go our way.

We aren't relegated until we cannot mathematically catch the team in 20th place. Nor is anyone safe until they cannot actually have their points total overtaken.

Realism does come into it, and we can all but count Coventry and Chesterfield as down, but I wouldn't say Swindon were out of it yet, or anyone up to MK Dons is safe.

Nor do we HAVE to win 3 games - we could stay up without winning a single game by drawing them all (yes, very unlikely) if other results go for us. Alternatively, we could win 4 games lose 4 and go down still.

Nothing is written in stone except the need to battle, take one game at a time and not ponder endlessly on the league table or the likelihood of other teams winning or losing because they are playing certain opposition.

It is quite possible we could win 2 games, and draw 3 and get 51 points and that would suffice - but it doesn't have to be Wimbledon and Chesterfield that are the 2 wins.

This is like a horse race where they are all bunched up going into the final strait, but we are a long way from the 3 furlongs marker even, and one or many could have a good run after looking sluggish.

Reggie- get that sheepskin noseband on and show 'em how we can finish this race !

UTV

I'm really surprised that so many posts seem to forget the 'surprise' element in football that causes crazy results, like a couple of Burnley's wins in the Prem, like Oldham holding Sheff United, and dozens of others.

I don't accept that our last 4 games are necessarily more difficult than the next few just because the teams are higher in the table.

It is about form, motivation, and momentum as well as the need for the points. Going backwards from the last game, it will be an entirely different game if Fleetwood need points either to get automatic promotion or into the playoffs, than if they cant make the top 2 but also cant be caught.

Sheffield United, if already promoted, may well relax a bit, and even Bolton too.

Walsall - who knows. Chestefield may have given up by the time we play them too, there are so many imponderables that comparing games on opposition league position alone is crazy.

One of our opponents may be starting or in the middle of a run of form (Coventry have won 2 in a row now and they were doomed, they might win their next 2 or 3 and maybe they can beat one of our rivals).

At least one of the top teams will have a bad run, or some bad results - and look at Swindon v Millwall last weekend - Swindon on a shocking run and Millwall undefeated in something like 16 games, but Swindon won it.

We had 3 games in a week, Ryan Taylor in particular was maligned badly for being totally knackered against MKD when he won us 3 points just a week before.

Shopido was just beginning to look good when we lost him to a really annoying international duty, and if Guy could return and a few of the others have another week then we could look a much sharper team.

There were positves against MKD - we battled for a point when we should have lost really, Mehmet kept a clean sheet and looks pretty useful, and some other results went our way,

Another thing I have to say is that there is no such thing as a 'must win' game. The nearest is what we call a six-pointer and they can be crucial - thankfully we won the 2 recent ones that were against Shrewsbury and Swindon.

But IF we were to draw or even lose to Wimbledon, then it doesn't mean we are down - we would still have 7 or 8 games left and other results might go our way.

We aren't relegated until we cannot mathematically catch the team in 20th place. Nor is anyone safe until they cannot actually have their points total overtaken.

Realism does come into it, and we can all but count Coventry and Chesterfield as down, but I wouldn't say Swindon were out of it yet, or anyone up to MK Dons is safe.

Nor do we HAVE to win 3 games - we could stay up without winning a single game by drawing them all (yes, very unlikely) if other results go for us. Alternatively, we could win 4 games lose 4 and go down still.

Nothing is written in stone except the need to battle, take one game at a time and not ponder endlessly on the league table or the likelihood of other teams winning or losing because they are playing certain opposition.

It is quite possible we could win 2 games, and draw 3 and get 51 points and that would suffice - but it doesn't have to be Wimbledon and Chesterfield that are the 2 wins.

This is like a horse race where they are all bunched up going into the final strait, but we are a long way from the 3 furlongs marker even, and one or many could have a good run after looking sluggish.

Reggie- get that sheepskin noseband on and show 'em how we can finish this race !

UTV

You've not changed my mind, if we lose on Saturday start packing your league 2 bag.

UTV

To use your Horse Racing analogy, you cant turn a donkey into a racehorse. No matter how hard you beat the donkey its still a donkey.

To use your Horse Racing analogy, you cant turn a donkey into a racehorse. No matter how hard you beat the donkey its still a donkey.

So Coventry, Chesterfield, Swindon, Oldham, Shrewsbury and the rest must be donkeys too - after all, they are level or behind us going into the 'final striaight'.

Not saying we will or wont do it, just saying that if you watch a horse race there are always one or two that pick up pace at the end, however slow they may have been going.

So it's either a horse or a donkey race, but I don't accept we are donkeys and the others champion horses.

Enough of analogies - we just have to hope that the players rise to the challenge, the manager can motivate them, and we can get a bit of luck and no adverse referreing decisions.

Oh, and no distracting mad ideas from the man who is hopefully going to continue staying in the background for now whilst there is a massive struggle going on.

You've not changed my mind, if we lose on Saturday start packing your league 2 bag.

We won't lose on Saturday - the worst that will happen is that we get ahead and can't seal the game and let in one of our infamous late goals and get a draw. That would seem a disaster, but who knows how the others will do, a point might get us out of the bottom four.

I do agree it's the most winnable game of those remaining, as the other 2 at home we are underdogs, but nothing is set in stone.

Its between us and Shrewsburyin my opinion. The week off leading upto Saturday will do the boys good & have a couple more re-join us for next week, HOPEFULLY get the win Saturday and against Chesterfield. If we win those 2 and get a draw or 2 from somewhere, we will stay up because personally I cant see Shrewsbury getting another win, where we have no excuse to win at least 1 game.

>>.....personally I cant see Shrewsbury getting another win, where we have no excuse to win at least 1 game.

It shows what a shambles the team is when we have to depend on other teams not winning any more games.

Archived