onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where's Reggie?

tonyh

Agreed this is what worries me, the fixture list he's had is easier than the one that lies before him and he's hardly had that new manager factor, his signings have generally been as poor and he's alienating players. I also wonder about the dramatic change in training regime as this could possibly be indirectly linked to the injuries we are currently suffering.

I thought he'd be cracking, then again I thought Page would!

The chairman must get the next managerial appointment right and for me that's an experienced man as rookies don't seem to work for our chairman.

So you are ignoring the close season shambles how many players with no experience did we sign ?

You are ignoring Brunos appointment.

You are ignoring the deadline fiasco when Browns targets were deemed too costly meaning he had to wipe up the scraps.

Come off it don't blame Brown especially when your mate wont fund an experienced manager.

And finally Page was Ok until Smurthwaite thought he knew better I would swop places with last season in a heart beat.

Advert

So you are ignoring the close season shambles how many players with no experience did we sign ?

You are ignoring Brunos appointment.

You are ignoring the deadline fiasco when Browns targets were deemed too costly meaning he had to wipe up the scraps.

Come off it don't blame Brown especially when your mate wont fund an experienced manager.

And finally Page was Ok until Smurthwaite thought he knew better I would swop places with last season in a heart beat.

You clearly didn't read the last paragraph of my post you quoted, for me the chairman's biggest failure has been his appointments.

Mate

Just goes to show how simple some of your posts are, I've met the man 3 times, nothing more recently than September.

Chum your arse.

Please do not post about my arse, feel free with others if you wish :laugh: that's not my business.

More importantly, your previous post just shows exactly what I said - you've started the restrained criticism of Michael Brown, who has had to pick a team with loads of injuries and with his top scorer Jones gone, with £100k Grant gone and with our best player and best keeper for decades cheaply given away - then Street gets injured and now Walker.

Whose fault was it Brown didn't sign better replacements for Alnwick and Grant - Smurf would not shell out for Jamie Proctor or any other experienced players and even though he seems to have struck lucky with a totally inexperienced keeper looking promising, Smurf should have made sure we paid out for at least ONE experienced player.

Tell us all - were you happy with Smurf's efforts in the transfer window ?

Agreed this is what worries me, the fixture list he's had is easier than the one that lies before him and he's hardly had that new manager factor, his signings have generally been as poor and he's alienating players. I also wonder about the dramatic change in training regime as this could possibly be indirectly linked to the injuries we are currently suffering.

I thought he'd be cracking, then again I thought Page would!

The chairman must get the next managerial appointment right and for me that's an experienced man as rookies don't seem to work for our chairman.

Norman can't get anything right, he's a liar and an idiot. Don't expect anything to improve with him at the helm.

You were blaming Brown and ignoring Smurthwaites input which I expected

I have no idea how you get that from the post you originally quoted which said;

'The chairman must get the next managerial appointment right and for me that's an experienced man as rookies don't seem to work for our chairman'.

That's hardly ignoring the chairman's input, infact far from it.

Just because unlike some I don't want his head on a stick doesn't mean I can't see the bad as well as the good he's done.

I have no idea how you get that from the post you originally quoted which said;

'The chairman must get the next managerial appointment right and for me that's an experienced man as rookies don't seem to work for our chairman'.

That's hardly ignoring the chairman's input, infact far from it.

Just because unlike some I don't want his head on a stick doesn't mean I can't see the bad as well as the good he's done.

You said "Agreed this is what worries me, the fixture list he's had is easier than the one that lies before him and he's hardly had that new manager factor, his signings have generally been as poor and he's alienating players. I also wonder about the dramatic change in training regime as this could possibly be indirectly linked to the injuries we are currently suffering"

You are using Brown as scapegoat for Smurthwaites ineptness

You said "Agreed this is what worries me, the fixture list he's had is easier than the one that lies before him and he's hardly had that new manager factor, his signings have generally been as poor and he's alienating players. I also wonder about the dramatic change in training regime as this could possibly be indirectly linked to the injuries we are currently suffering"

You are using Brown as scapegoat for Smurthwaites ineptness

No I'm focusing on both peoples failings in the same post, surely to Christ you would have expected Brown to have had more of a positive impact, he would otherwise he'd have never taken the job.

No I'm focusing on both peoples failings in the same post' date=' surely to Christ you would have expected Brown to have had more of a positive impact, he would otherwise he'd have never taken the job.[/quote']

Brown should have more of an impact BUT since he took over on a temporary basis he has lost the spine of side suffered injuries and not being allowed to bring in the players he wanted in the transfer window that being down to Smurthwaite.

What ever you do don't blame Brown, he's playing the game with his hands tied behind his back.

We had a steady squad at the end of last season until Smurthwaite decided he could do better all Smurtwaites fault no one else, one alleged phone call from Maureen and he thought he knew it all.

Anyway back to the topic' date=' why no update when we've heard all about Thomas and Pereria recently but not about a striker when we need goals.[/quote']

Because the transfer window is shut and the only players we could sign are free agents, and they're free agents for a reason.

Brown doesn't seem to like most of the foreigners' date=' heck he doesn't seem to like Thomas either. It's all very, very odd.[/quote']

Bruno never played more than 2 or sometimes 3 of his foreign signings at any one time. Brown has not done much different.

Archived