onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Lorne Street Stand

Memphis

Just wondering if the cost is small enough to justify it if we got Stoke or Man U in the cup or something to accomodate an extra 1500-1800 supporters paying £21.50 each... I'm guessing a fair wedge more than any potential gain. Couldn't they put a Burger Van, Temporary portacabins and just tidy the place up on a very short term basis if required? Talking purely hypothetically here as I have nothing else to do.

I take it the hypothetical bit is Vale progressing far enough in a cup competition to even be in the same hat as the two teams you've mentioned.

Advert

Fit a solar powered clock!! Mind you with the dark clouds hanging over VP would it ever work?

On the face of it, it would seem better to fit the seats and not use them instead of what's there now. What about a mural(?) of 100s of happy fans covering the site...surely some loocal college or whatever could do that as a project

I agree that if the seats are there then they need putting in. At least it'd look more complete even if it were empty and unusable. If they can get this done for free then what is the harm in that? There has to be another explaination, unless they literally haven't been arsed for the last 3years or so.

Has anyone in the know, (not common on here but hey) have an idea how much it would cost to complete work on the concourse even to a temporary level to allow spectators to use the stand and pass any safety certificates? Just wondering if the cost is small enough to justify it if we got Stoke or Man U in the cup or something to accomodate an extra 1500-1800 supporters paying £21.50 each... I'm guessing a fair wedge more than any potential gain. Couldn't they put a Burger Van, Temporary portacabins and just tidy the place up on a very short term basis if required? Talking purely hypothetically here as I have nothing else to do.

I think a cost of a few hundred thousand was mentioned in the past as the shop has to be moved to the Hamil Rd site before work on the concourse can be done. Not sure if this included the cost of fitting the seats though.

A number of months ago I met Bill Bratt on a different subject. At this meeting I asked about turning the lorne street into the family stand as the stand used now require lots amount of money spending on it. The lorne street would welcome more families in due to facilities, thus generating more cash!

A number of months ago I met Bill Bratt on a different subject. At this meeting I asked about turning the lorne street into the family stand as the stand used now require lots amount of money spending on it. The lorne street would welcome more families in due to facilities, thus generating more cash!

What did Bill say?????????????

it would also be metres away from the away fans which have been shown on occasion to be racist, foul mouthed chanting, foul finger gestures, violent etc

wouldn't want my kids in there!

• 7 years later...
They turned down the installation of free seating saying it wasn't needed. I think either Mark Sims or Dave Felstead said they'd got someone willing to fill that side with seats but our magnificent board turned down the offer

What happened to Mark Sims?

What happened to Mark Sims?

Never mind him, whatever happened to Carpetman? Loads of posters on this thread I had half forgotten about.

Anyway, back on topic, now we can how about rail seats in the unfinished bit of the LS? The 'lads' can go in there then and make as much noise as they want, while still being within bantering range of the Hamil.

Archived