onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Bury v Port Vale

robf

Advert

Foley and Alnwick surely dropped for next match but i do think we have missed Grant to be fair

Don't know how you can say that about Foley and Alnwick when you weren't at the game but that is bye the bye.

Some other people who sitting around me were slating Foley today, saying he looked out of his depth, but when we usually have 3 experienced midfielders in the middle of the park in Grant, Tavares and Foley, then you have 2 of those missing, it meant that Foley was then on a hiding to nothing being the only experienced player, and although he tried you couldn't expect him to be solely responsible for the defensive side, ball winning and creativity in midfield alone.

Personally I think Bruno got it wrong when De Fraitas got injured. I would have brought on Mac-Intosh and put him at left back and pushed Knops into the Grant role in front of the defence, leaving either Ameros or Foley to push forward a little more and gone with 4-5-1. This way we could have kept it tight made sure we were difficult to break down, then try to catch Bury on the break and see it we could have at least come away with a point.

For information: Tom Pope scored against the Vale for Biddulph Vics in a pre-season friendly.

Today's result was disappointing but a typical early season reversal of form so let's not get carried away but learn from it. It confirmed my view that our problem is not in scoring goals, but in creating chances. Today Foley was forced back to help the defence, particularly after De Freitas was taken off, so was not able to create for the front men - partly caused by the absence of Grant and the lack of strength of Amoros. I thought Thomas was the only real threat to Bury but he faded in the last quarter. Alnwick has improved this season but allowed four goals today and must take responsibility for that - did not organise his defence or shout instructions to them e.g. Put it out (Goal 1) Close him down (Goals 2 & 3). To be a good (not great) keeper he must command his area and his defence. A diificult day for defenders but we did not make it difficult for bury defenders often enough and their keeper almost had a day off.

Guest TommyMac
For information: Tom Pope scored against the Vale for Biddulph Vics in a pre-season friendly.

Today's result was disappointing but a typical early season reversal of form so let's not get carried away but learn from it. It confirmed my view that our problem is not in scoring goals, but in creating chances. Today Foley was forced back to help the defence, particularly after De Freitas was taken off, so was not able to create for the front men - partly caused by the absence of Grant and the lack of strength of Amoros. I thought Thomas was the only real threat to Bury but he faded in the last quarter. Alnwick has improved this season but allowed four goals today and must take responsibility for that - did not organise his defence or shout instructions to them e.g. Put it out (Goal 1) Close him down (Goals 2 & 3). To be a good (not great) keeper he must command his area and his defence. A diificult day for defenders but we did not make it difficult for bury defenders often enough and their keeper almost had a day off.

Well I can't be arsed to check if Pope scored against us for Biddulph and we didnt trouble the Bury keeper, the rest of your post is utter garbage.

I bet your that guy who got thrown out i was two rows behind this clown, the reason he did was becoz people around him at a pop at him becoz all's he was doing was moaning, people don't want to hear it, and then he decided to be tommy tenman and put his hand around a bloke's throat, and his gobby little son with him, that's what category of people your in michael, the nobody like's you category and you ONLY turn up when the results going bad for us, weve lost, it's happened, get over it, be interesting to see if your on here if we turn the result around starting at peterborough, keep the faith.

UTV

I wasn't at the the game today and for the record I can stand your jibes at "the level im at" according to you but bringing my son into things is unacceptable and I dare say u feel confident doing it from beyond your keyboard in your mum's house but I invite you say it to my face see if your still confident. (Admin no threats made by me or personal abuse)

I wasn't at the the game today and for the record I can stand your jibes at "the level im at" according to you but bringing my son into things is unacceptable and I dare say u feel confident doing it from beyond your keyboard in your mum's house but I invite you say it to my face see if your still confident. (Admin no threats made by me or personal abuse)

run along little silly clown boy, nobody like's you michael, nobody care's, and the admin wont feel any sympathy towards you, michael i'd happily shout it at your face through a megaphone, the only trouble is i cant....................BECAUSE YOU NEVER ATTEND GAMES! :drool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKoFuNEqzsA

bad day today started with their announcer not being able to read out some of our team ,

Pitch not great as link to a you tube clip of first goal i found ball either skidded or stuck, but generally they seemed to have a spare player and able to control and run better with the ball as our midfield also seemed over ran and also we were out muscled and anytime we tried to compete the ref seemed to blow in their favour. Long balls were being swallowed up by the back 4 and their front players were quick to turn and run at us immediately putting us on the back foot. Overall not a good day but think grant and fit taveres were missed and shows where their replacements need to be - so a big learning curve for the team and time to work on a few things for next week...

Alnwick MOM for me some excellent top saves

run along little silly clown boy, nobody like's you michael, nobody care's, and the admin wont feel any sympathy towards you, michael i'd happily shout it at your face through a megaphone, the only trouble is i cant....................BECAUSE YOU NEVER ATTEND GAMES! :drool:

You think I care about any of that? I've been Vale since I was born seen more highs and lows than you've had hot dinners and incidentally I was at the last home match and will be at the Gillingham game in the paddack so PM me we could meet for a chat.

Archived