onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Bury v Port Vale

robf

Read the comments on here with interest and find it funny that some of your posters have commented that the pitch suited our, (Bury's), style but not your own. Everyone always has us down as a "hoofball" team, perhaps this was true many moons ago when Kevin Blackwell was manager, but in more recent years we're more of a footballing side. Indeed last Saturday some of our passing was a delight and in football parlance we "footballed" you off the park. We showed that good passing football was possible on that pitch, so perhaps it was just that your players weren't up for it, these foreigner's "just don't like it up 'em". The reason, I suspect, why we are one of the favourites for relegation is that we lost some key players just before the season started, including our leading scorer Leon Clarke. To be fair it looks like we've recruited a better player to replace him in James Vaughan so fingers crossed he stays injury free. Talking of injuries, it looks like our problems of last season have followed us into this and already our defensive talisman Nathan Cameron is out along with key midfielders Neil Danns and Andrew Tutte. New striker Chris Brown seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth, injured or just not match fit, nobody knows. Anyway, when everyone is fit again I think we've got a strong squad and will do well this season, as long as "tinkerman" Flitcroft doesn't mess too much with the formation. With regard to the pitch, we've had a lot of work done on it and generally its in excellent nick but it seems the problems lie in the drains under the concourse around the pitch which can't cope with high volumes and backs up badly resulting in conditions like last Sat.

Finally, I have to comment on the "dangerous" crush under the away stand. Obviously I wasn't there, I was in the main stand, but would point out that this season we've had away followings for the Charlton and Oldham games roughly comparable to your support. Last season we had away followings around double what you brought, Wigan, Sheffield Utd and Coventry for example, and not one of them has highlighted any conditions which could be a danger. It would certainly be a worry with our televised home game with Bolton next month, where a capacity crowd is expected but I doubt they'll be any problems. Perhaps if your team had performed a bit better last Saturday, there would have been less of you seeking respite under that stand. Wink wink. Who knows.

Advert

Read the comments on here with interest and find it funny that some of your posters have commented that the pitch suited our, (Bury's), style but not your own. Everyone always has us down as a "hoofball" team, perhaps this was true many moons ago when Kevin Blackwell was manager, but in more recent years we're more of a footballing side. Indeed last Saturday some of our passing was a delight and in football parlance we "footballed" you off the park. We showed that good passing football was possible on that pitch, so perhaps it was just that your players weren't up for it, these foreigner's "just don't like it up 'em". The reason, I suspect, why we are one of the favourites for relegation is that we lost some key players just before the season started, including our leading scorer Leon Clarke. To be fair it looks like we've recruited a better player to replace him in James Vaughan so fingers crossed he stays injury free. Talking of injuries, it looks like our problems of last season have followed us into this and already our defensive talisman Nathan Cameron is out along with key midfielders Neil Danns and Andrew Tutte. New striker Chris Brown seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth, injured or just not match fit, nobody knows. Anyway, when everyone is fit again I think we've got a strong squad and will do well this season, as long as "tinkerman" Flitcroft doesn't mess too much with the formation. With regard to the pitch, we've had a lot of work done on it and generally its in excellent nick but it seems the problems lie in the drains under the concourse around the pitch which can't cope with high volumes and backs up badly resulting in conditions like last Sat.

Finally, I have to comment on the "dangerous" crush under the away stand. Obviously I wasn't there, I was in the main stand, but would point out that this season we've had away followings for the Charlton and Oldham games roughly comparable to your support. Last season we had away followings around double what you brought, Wigan, Sheffield Utd and Coventry for example, and not one of them has highlighted any conditions which could be a danger. It would certainly be a worry with our televised home game with Bolton next month, where a capacity crowd is expected but I doubt they'll be any problems. Perhaps if your team had performed a bit better last Saturday, there would have been less of you seeking respite under that stand. Wink wink. Who knows.

On the day we were dog **** and even everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. It was as simple as that. You'll no doubt have one of those days sooner rather than later, or perhaps even at Vale Park.

Yes that's football,good days and bad days, the Unknown that what makes football exciting.you never really know if that little bit of luck goes for or against you on the day, the ball stops in the water, a couple of 20yard shots that go in. (Other days they hit bar or fly over the top) a wicked deflection. As we say enjoy the good days don't beat yourself on the bad days.

Archived