onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Statement From Supporters Club - Mark Sims Directorhip Sponsor

andy jones

Whilst the protests before and after the games may have been suspended (as a gesture of good faith), the SEO campaign will continue until such time as Mike Lloyd re-engages with Mark Sims and Mark is satisfied with such discussions and willing to join the board as per his electoral mandate.

You will sense thus a cautious optimism but trust is not regained overnight and there remains a good deal of work to be done on the club's part. Mark Sims is key to everything and that is where their time and energy now needs to be focused.

Mark is seen as the future of the club and so the club need to be open with him and address all of his questions and concerns. We are at a critical stage and with Mark on board there is hope. Without Mark we fear anarchy.

Dave Felstead

Vice-Chairman

Port Vale SC

Advert

Mark is on holiday at the moment. Hopefully in the midst of all this he can get some R&R.

Hopefully the board will see the folly of trying to isolate Mark out of the building a brighter future. He remains the only one who can unite the club.

If the investment stays within the 24.9% ruling then it will amount to about £400k, hardly life changing is it?

If Mike Lloyd now starts "proper" discussions with Mark Sims with a view to Mark taking up his position on the Board, unhindered, then I would start to believe that Mike Lloys is interested in the future of the club and the fans and not just interested in Mike Lloyd.

If the investment stays within the 24.9% ruling then it will amount to about £400k, hardly life changing is it?

If Mike Lloyd now starts "proper" discussions with Mark Sims with a view to Mark taking up his position on the Board, unhindered, then I would start to believe that Mike Lloys is interested in the future of the club and the fans and not just interested in Mike Lloyd.

Excellent point Caroline. Mike Lloyd should be judged soley on his sincerity and determination to get Mark Sims on the board, and quickly. Once Mark is on board I think the rest of the problems will take care of themselves. Marks appointment will re-unite the fans and give us all genuine hope that the club intends moving forward.

If they don't let mark on board then it is clear they have no intentions of building bridges or making progress.

Excellent point Caroline. Mike Lloyd should be judged soley on his sincerity and determination to get Mark Sims on the board, and quickly. Once Mark is on board I think the rest of the problems will take care of themselves. Marks appointment will re-unite the fans and give us all genuine hope that the club intends moving forward.

If they don't let mark on board then it is clear they have no intentions of building bridges or making progress.

Seems to me a very good benchmark of the boards intentions.

I thinks its fair to say that once Marks appointment to the board is finalised, SEO should be axed and all fans encouraged to buy STs and attend games etc..

A fair compromise I think. This offer should be presented officially to Mike Lloyd at Sundays meeting whilst all parties are present.

I thinks its fair to say that once Marks appointment to the board is finalised, SEO should be axed and all fans encouraged to buy STs and attend games etc..

A fair compromise I think. This offer should be presented to Mike Lloyd at Sundays meeting.

Totally agree

Also a set timescale for the removal of lloyd from the chair

A fair compromise I think. This offer should be presented officially to Mike Lloyd at Sundays meeting whilst all parties are present.

At the May prices:yes:

Whilst the protests before and after the games may have been suspended (as a gesture of good faith), the SEO campaign will continue until such time as Mike Lloyd re-engages with Mark Sims and Mark is satisfied with such discussions and willing to join the board as per his electoral mandate.

You will sense thus a cautious optimism but trust is not regained overnight and there remains a good deal of work to be done on the club's part. Mark Sims is key to everything and that is where their time and energy now needs to be focused.

Mark is seen as the future of the club and so the club need to be open with him and address all of his questions and concerns. We are at a critical stage and with Mark on board there is hope. Without Mark we fear anarchy.

Dave Felstead

Vice-Chairman

Port Vale SC[/quote

Does the B/G statement not say that after match protests have been suspended as opposed to before and after?

But surely Sundays meeting is the ideal opportunity to offer this compromise right under the spotlight of the media and hurry things along for the better instead of letting this whole disaster fester on into the winter months.

Lets use the meeting to sew the seeds and get something positive going.

Archived