onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Board Statement - Meakin

Hang on the anti board movement have had loads of media coverage when actually no one is accountable for the groups. No one knows in the media who or what they are promoting and unit this is the case then you should not have the PR. it's also not the fault of the main media that people choose this site to release statements - were the club send it to them.

People post on here to give the full story, not an edited version in the Senile or Radio Sjoke to suit the board. Plenty of press statements have been given by the protest groups but little or nothing appears in the Senile.

Advert

People post on here to give the full story, not an edited version in the Senile or Radio Sjoke to suit the board. Plenty of press statements have been given by the protest groups but little or nothing appears in the Senile.

Yeah but it's all to based on the opinions of each group and no one really knows who is in each group and what they may get up to. They have to show responsible reporting.

Any story or press release. Usually means it has to be sent to them by the person in question - which people in the local media seem to say is rarely the case.

The Senile have been calling our mobile almost daily for some sort of pro-change story or comment . It isn't always the person involved in these situations that contacts the press and the senile will often say "we have been told by the club......................do you have a comment"

Any story or press release. Usually means it has to be sent to them by the person in question - which people in the local media seem to say is rarely the case.
Press releases are just that, if the Senile do not print them they cannot complain. Many were not printed or used, why should they get exclusives?

Press releases are just that, if the Senile do not print them they cannot complain. Many were not printed or used, why should they get exclusives?

Because if you want to win over Joe public the general supporter then you need the main media. The core base are here now - they won't change, but the floating fan who reads the local paper may.

Whether for or against the board we are all and always will be Vale fans (both now and long after all this is history we would rather not remember).

This is a time when bridges need to be built to keep the fan base together and positive about the season and the direction the club is going.

This statement implies that if you do not agree, then you are not a "genuine" fan. This is a needless low blow that only serves to further divide. Certainly not what is needed in the current climate.

What a pompous load of crap.

Glenn should just change the little picture next to any 'club statement' article on the official site to that sun picture he uses given that he now just writes them all in his own little fantasy world.

It's one thing to respond to a press release but I must admit I was taken aback by the aggressive language used in parts e.g..."The club are deeply saddened by this completely unprovoked attack, which is littered with admissions of unethical behaviour and lies from an individual who claimed to wish to join the board 'as a local businessman and fan, without political agenda'."

They hid when asked to respond to the Nantwich debacle, but have come out guns blazing in this case.

I think all like minded fans should club together and get some information posters/leaflets done to be distrubuted inside the ground. I have met so many fans who have no idea of the goings on at the club and have strong views based on censored news from the club and the sentinel. If we are to win the war we need to up our "propaganda" and distribute information to the masses.

I think it's a fascinating insight into the mind of the person writing it....it's far too coherent a piece of work to have been written by more than one person, the language throughout is consistent with someone who's been dumped by someone they hoped would be their friend....I can remember people at school saying things like that....you said you weren't Mark's friend, so I showed you all my best toys and told you some of my secret things...but all the time you were taking sides with all those bad boys that call me names.....but that usually stops when you're 10 or 11 at the oldest, although a few do carry it on past that...

It seriously reads as though the writer was bullied at school, or has a very low level of self esteem and feels the need to belittle everyone else to compensate......

Would be interesting to pass it across to a psychological profiler, I think.

Obviously they thought that Mr Meakin was going to be their new best friend, someone they could parade in public to show they DO want fans on the Board, while at the same time paying off Billy boy....the hypocrite with his shares for life....and lumbering him with the responsibility of sorting out their mess if it all went **** up.....but they picked the wrong fall guy.

It would be funny if it wasn't such a sad thing to do, and the fact that they are accusing him of "unethical behaviour and lies" suggests how much it has really hurt them.....

The sooner they go, the sooner we can all get back to a sensible approach to supporting the Vale and getting behind the lads.....

:D

Oliver is a horrible, bitter man.

He used to view Bratt as some sort of deity but more or less stabbed him in the back by agreeing to the 'investment' proposals of Bratt being made to stand down. Consequently, Bratt feels stabbed in the back and hates Lloyd and Oliver. Oliver hates Lloyd and worships Bratt but is willing to put his own position before Bill. Lloyd hates them both. :D

I hate them all!

:D

Oliver is a horrible, bitter man.

He used to view Bratt as some sort of deity but more or less stabbed him in the back by agreeing to the 'investment' proposals of Bratt being made to stand down. Consequently, Bratt feels stabbed in the back and hates Lloyd and Oliver. Oliver hates Lloyd and worships Bratt but is willing to put his own position before Bill. Lloyd hates them both. :D

Can you just imagine how productive the board meetings are,and dont forget Jackson and Meigh are lurking in the background and then we have Perry Deakin running the show I care to bet thats put a few noses out of place as well.

Archived