onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurfs Master Plan

Vital Spark

It now seems Smurfs plan is actually gaining momentum. Whether this unusual approach works remains to be seen and it could well end rather messy. Regardless of how this all unfolds, you have to admire Smurf for trying something different. Without a ball being kicked there is an excitement gradually building around the plan and in particular the squad building. If we'd signed a journeyman English manager, I think I'd have lost interest completely in the club, but this journey we're about to start may be good or bad, but it's certainly going to be different. Boa sorte!

Advert

I think it's a disgusting way of implementing a master plan and then to brag about it is unbelievable.

I must admit that it wasn't Smurfs finest hour and bragging about it was less than ideal. But whatever the rights or wrongs of it, it would seem initially at least that it's worked, only time will tell

It seems odd that all the new players made offers to have accepted so quickly. Makes me wonder if we have either offered too much money or they are all desperate.

Maybe they all want to play for Bruno or fancy a shot in England...or maybe the offers were made a while before Smurf announced it..

You seem to be looking only for negatives in what I like to think is an exciting new era for the club. Wondering why.

Maybe they all want to play for Bruno or fancy a shot in England...or maybe the offers were made a while before Smurf announced it..

You seem to be looking only for negatives in what I like to think is an exciting new era for the club. Wondering why.

It is for me too Bon'Ami - in ways similar to when I bought into the 'V2001 Dream'.

I've 'Strapped myself in' and ready to go :yes:

It's not a master plan. He saw Mourinho's name on a reference and he's been winging it ever since.

He'd never have looked twice at that CV otherwise.

I just hope he's got a plan that's not going to skin the club should these plans not work.

It's not a master plan. He saw Mourinho's name on a reference and he's been winging it ever since.

He'd never have looked twice at that CV otherwise.

I just hope he's got a plan that's not going to skin the club should these plans not work.

These are my thoughts entirely. It could be a chance to 'blood' several young and talented players from Man Utd. If Jose Mourinho hadn't made the initial contact then I think Bruno's application would have ended up in the bin.

this is very risky but could be successful then it will be 'all hail the Smurf' but in truth was it just our lucky day that the 'Special One' came a calling.

These are my thoughts entirely. It could be a chance to 'blood' several young and talented players from Man Utd. If Jose Mourinho hadn't made the initial contact then I think Bruno's application would have ended up in the bin.

this is very risky but could be successful then it will be 'all hail the Smurf' but in truth was it just our lucky day that the 'Special One' came a calling.

As it is sometimes said Bon'Ami - it's a time for great possibilities, perhaps huge risks, maybe both :yes:

i bet there's people who think your replies are crap and disgusting, but we have to put up with them, just as you have to put up with this so called 'masterplan' :yes::laugh:

:doh:

Of course football is a ruthless business, but coming out with the statement he did in public doesn't paint us in a good light or make us an attractive proposition either. Lets say it was a masterplan, and he wasn't winging it after he reduced the budget and he realised everyone would be off, I don't like the idea of a chairman gambling with the club in such a way to force out a manager and players in such a huge cull and replace them with people who will need time to get used to the English game.

Archived