onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Paulo Tavares

Advert

Translated:

Paulo Tavares will not continue in Vitoria Setubal . The average 30 year old has not reached an agreement for the renewal and stayed out of José Couceiro accounts.

The Sadino club also covered the athlete and brought a proposal, but this was eventually rejected by Paulo Tavares, who to that BALL found is the way to Port Vale , Club of the third England division that will be led by Bruno Ribeiro.

I dont know what some people expect. This looks like a very good signing yet some are still moaning.

This would be an excellent signing on paper, onwards and upwards, can't please everyone. Looking forward to a completely new outlook, what a refreshing change, with Brown as assistant, he'll keep the steel we need in the group to get us out of this division.

I never thought Lipa was that bad you could tell there was a good footballing brain unfortunately moving from foreign football to play in the English lower leagues toward the end of ur career he struggled with the pace of the play. However I thought he got a lot of unnecessary stick simply because he was foreign and different to the normal type of player vale would sign. Unfortunately we have a number of fans like this unless some of the foreign players we sign hit the ground running they will get stick from the uninformed few at VP!😵

I thought he got a lot of unnecessary stick simply because he was foreign and different to the normal type of player vale would sign.

I don't care where a player comes from. I didn't like Lipa because I felt he was far too static in midfield and that allowed runners through all the time. It was nothing to do with him being Austrian or "foreign", he just wasn't mobile enough in my opinion. I felt for his reported high wage we could have got a far better player.

Similarly, if Tavares signs and is a good player he will be praised and if he doesn't settle in he will be criticised but I do hope people DON'T criticise a player before he has even signed let alone pulled on a Vale shirt and shown what he can do...

Sunderland were linked with him 4 years ago:

http://www.90min.com/posts/76689-sunderland-wants-paulo-tavares

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/8228937/sunderland-are-following-portuguese-midfielder-paulo-tavares

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/sunderland-watching-vitoria-setubal-midfielder-paulo-tavares-3651951

"The Portuguese midfielder has some impressive leading skills in the midfield: he has an impressive work rate and his voice of command usually dictates his team's tempo in that area of the pitch. He also has some good passing skills and currently he is one of the key players of Vitória FC."

Archived