onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dicko signing for..

Vital Spark

That's fair comment.

The problem with leaving it late to recruit players is that you are choosing from a smaller pool.

You can get it wrong or right early on or late on. But you have far fewer options in late June than in late May as players (as we have seen with Dodds and Duffy, etc.) are keen to sort out their futures.

The other point I think is also valid in that it can take a while to build up a good team ethos and a great changing room. It doesn't automatically follow that if you throw half a dozen new players into a room they'll gel and get on and be reliable.

That's why people rave about the likes of Terry, Gerrard, Kompany, etc. Leaders and good team men are hard to find.

It's a gamble, a huge one.

I agree with part of your comments, but i feel its the weaker players who try and sort their contracts out early, good players or progressive players may leave it later to try and get a better deal ala Mark Marshall, it doesnt always work but they are out there. Take Jak Alnwick for example, signed late august didnt he?

Advert

I agree with part of your comments, but i feel its the weaker players who try and sort their contracts out early, good players or progressive players may leave it later to try and get a better deal ala Mark Marshall, it doesnt always work but they are out there. Take Jak Alnwick for example, signed late august didnt he?

That's a very interesting point and an angle I haven't thought of. Thanks.

What a pile of horse crap! He's said the date the manager is being announced, he knows who it is and the manager knows they're coming. They will be doing deals for players behind the scenes, I'm sorry if they aren't keeping you and Burt "any ******* reason to moan about Smurf" Llewellyn informed enough. The pathetic attitudes and metaphorical chucking the toys out of the cot some posters on here do is unreal.

Come back with the doom and gloom ******** at Christmas- either that or admit you were wrong. I bet you don't

Love you too mate! It's my opinion and you disagree fair enough, that's what a fan's forum is about so calm down.

Oh and just for the record when I have been wrong I've always put my hand up. Have you?

A matter of knowing your worth and confidence in achieving it, maybe having a good agent also. Same as in life, if you lose a job, at least get an equivalent otherwise your reputation goes down. Not always possible I know to have the wherewithal, but that is part of career planning.

Clearly there is time and players aplenty out there. All I was saying was that it's got to be better if you get in early because you have a greater pool to choose from and more choice.

If you visit the shops at 9.00 am sharp there's far more choice than if you pop in later just before closing time.

I can't imagine that NS will not provide our new guy with a decent budget. If he's the chosen one (as opposed to Page) then he surely has to back the bloke (1) in order to get him here, and (2) to win (back) the support of the fans, many of whom are still very anxious about the new season.

Clearly there is time and players aplenty out there. All I was saying was that it's got to be better if you get in early because you have a greater pool to choose from and more choice.

If you visit the shops at 9.00 am sharp there's far more choice than if you pop in later just before closing time.

I can't imagine that NS will not provide our new guy with a decent budget. If he's the chosen one (as opposed to Page) then he surely has to back the bloke (1) in order to get him here, and (2) to win (back) the support of the fans, many of whom are still very anxious about the new season.

Good point but again, it all depends what you are shopping for i suppose :)

Always possible to wait until the prices come down, but as you say I am also expecting a decent budget so some of the better stuff should still be on the shelves. Fingers crossed though.

Remember when Foyle signed Tudor, Rocastle etc etc, early in the summer?

That worked out well didn't it?!

Have a beer, watch the Euros and enjoy the summer!

Simply put but bang on. At the end of the day it doesn't even matter we will all support the vale either way and back them no matter what. Just enjoy the euros and hopefully have a nice surprise on the 21st

What a joke if it true Crewe & Shrewsbury & non league Eastleigh can offer better wages than Vale , do us all a favour Smurf & do one....

They chose to spend more on dog average players. Let them. If you want to offer players like Duffy and aj the wages they requested then your mental. Better to live within our means rather than pay over the odds for players who've been average for years.

Also Eastleigh are loaded....

What a joke if it true Crewe & Shrewsbury & non league Eastleigh can offer better wages than Vale , do us all a favour Smurf & do one....

I'm no fan of Smurf but it appears he's called a hell of a lot bluffs and with it had I dam good summer clear out from top to bottom. As has been said, let's chill over the Euros and see who all the replacements are.

Archived