onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The future for SEO/B&G

AVIM

PD is on LinkedIN. He sets out his career. It shows he has 500 contacts which is good and that he started working life as a Divisional Sales Manager at Barloworld Handling, an engineering company for 10 years. He then became a Commercial Sales Manager at Wolves and was Commercial Director at Birmingham City for 5 years. He was Commercial Director at Derby County for a year before moving to Northants Cricket and of course now to Port Vale.

In terms of positions held PD has plenty of experience and he has now moved in to general senior management as an SEO with a backroom sales team doing most of the work. Some people on LinkedIn will set out their achievements as opposed to their jobs which is what I do some extent. However, that isn't easy when contacts want confidentiality.

So, overall I think it is easy for people to come of this site and rubbish others with hearsay information and we should be fair to the guy and give him the chance to demonstrate achievement.

I am rubbishing him on facts, not hearsay. There are a number of people with Vale links who have had business dealings with Mr Deakin in the past that are not the sort he would want on his Linkedin account!

Advert

Until you bring in viable backers who do not have a hidden agenda and until you decide to drop the starve em out campaign and further more get behind the team instead of undermining them, you do not deserve nor will you get the backing of the majority of the Vale supporters. Your tactics have been shown to be wrong and yet you are too stubborn to admit it. Support the team.

What does a viable backer look like then? Is a backer viable up until the point where he wants a little bit of control for his investment and then he is blackmarked and slanderd by the board until the proles are brainwashed?

People like you are why I protest and why I am not going to put money into the club until Bratt and Oliver are gone. In fact your arrogant attitude is uncannily similar to Oliver's!

Why should anyone need to 'bring' viable backers?

'Viable Backers' have been calling at the gate for years, only to be sent packing by the present board.

These people do not want the backing of the majority of the Vale supporters, it's for each fan to choose his/her own path. Ultimately as FBS states, it's what goes on on the pitch that will determine the fate of the current board. However, whilst you are happy to ride along there are those that aren't, that's their choice.

By "Viable", they mean "someone who will continue to prop up the current regime, not ask questions, not look at the books, just give us the money and go away leaving us to spend it as we wish. Oh, and if it all goes wrong, you must have equal liaibility for all debts and we will also vet you first!"

Until you bring in viable backers who do not have a hidden agenda and until you decide to drop the starve em out campaign and further more get behind the team instead of undermining them, you do not deserve nor will you get the backing of the majority of the Vale supporters. Your tactics have been shown to be wrong and yet you are too stubborn to admit it. Support the team.

What makes you super?

Unless I see evidence to the contrary you should be referred to as "Prettyaveragejoe"===

I personally agree with Tony 100%.

Seo and b&g are 2 different ideologies and have been wrapped up in the minds of many as one. I fully support b&g but can't reconcile myself to support seo and the attitudes of many who will insult and belittle those who choose to attend matches etc.

I am sure that we will get rid of the muppets in charge eventually but being happy to see the club in admin etc to do it doesn't sit well with majority. As eyehole agrees, this is OUR club and we hav the right to do so without being abused.

There is no reason why the protests won't work, but seo is pulling the supporters apart and playing into the hands of the board.

There is no reason why the protests won't work, but seo is pulling the supporters apart and playing into the hands of the board.

Again though, the protest on Saturday and SEO are not linked. Half of those marchers went into the match.

So given this as a fact, did you see half of the marchers who weren't going to the match arguing or belittling the other half who were going? From what I saw on the posted videos, these people were standing for the ideal of change and nothing else.

Guest superjoe

You SEO and B&G lot have no idea do you. You simply follow anybody who dangles a few pound notes under your nose. Where is your beloved Mo now? He has shown his true colours by skulking away after a heavy defeat. Is it not time for you lot to skulk five miles away and allow the true Vale supporters to get on with supporting this great team of ours following your measly 500 turnout at the march. How many at the next march 300? Your tactics were all wrong and you backed the wrong horse. Support the team. Vale til I die.

You SEO and B&G lot have no idea do you. You simply follow anybody who dangles a few pound notes under your nose. Where is your beloved Mo now? He has shown his true colours by skulking away after a heavy defeat. Is it not time for you lot to skulk five miles away and allow the true Vale supporters to get on with supporting this great team of ours. Vale til I die.

Grow up.

Archived