onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The future for SEO/B&G

AVIM

The game is up, in my view, and this seems to be a growing feeling.

Many who pledged and have held the line will come back, possibly paying on the gate at inflated prices.

Those who need to gloat will do and perhaps they will feel better as a result and vindicated.

There will be some, however, who will never come back.

Problem is, the issues remain. The board remains. All the things holding the club back remain.

But maybe thats what everyone wants, so thats the way goes.

Sad, but maybe true. We really are where we are.

Advert

I really do despair at times of getting through to some people.

YESTERDAY'S MARCH WAS A PRO CHANGE MARCH, NOT A STARVE 'EM OUT MARCH.

How many times does that need to be said to some people before they understand. I'm not trying to be patronising here but I feel the need to shout because you just keep ignoring what has been said. The antagonism was caused yesterday by people who simply didn't understand that bit in big red letters up there.

Think you should have told the media that from your spokes person when he was mouthing off promoting it.

All I'm saying is...

For the seo lot, why protest when your aim is too not give cash too the club, why can't you stay away, instead your presence creates trouble between alot of fans because we don't believe in your cause.. And basically you are putting a further wedge between yourselfs and other fans.. I don't dispute that you are big vale fans, but why do we want too see fans marching through burslem. Claiming too be representing the majority when in fact you efforts are merely supported by a couple of hundred... If that!!

Like I said there's no need too march, if your point is working then what need is there too pee alot of people off in the process,

No doubt you would enjoy the greater quiet when there is only 3000 in the ground next season. I still live in hope that the end of the current board is close, until then VP will not see me inside or outside.

Mr Lloyd seems open to dialogue with the pro change groups which is progress, dont mess it up this time would be my advice. i can see why he was disappointed with the decision to march, I think the assumption the support for the march was a lot greater than it was caused it to go ahead despite the request not to.

Well on P and G when talking about the protest and trying to drive up support the spokes person was talking a fair bit about SEO. Even when not saying directly SEO, it was being talked about in how many fans are not going, the wall of discontent etc.

All that does paint a picture and the media seemed to have picked up on the SEO more than anything else recently.

Problem in my eyes is too many groups, who when have come together have allowed the SEO agenda to be the focal point. This now means that to the average person it's what it's all about and as we have seen hugely unpopular on the mass scale.

What I'm surprised at is where are the founders of SEO? Why have they not spoken out to defend the cause? It does seem like some other members of groups seem to have got "blamed" for it all.

You are in your right too have your opinions for change, we also agree but on the terms that you are making our club worse off whilst we want our team to do well and most of your members are hoping that we do not do well just so they can lay the boot in and say that seo is working etc etc etc which we have all seen on this forum, we need change but instead of creating a scene just don't come too matches,you will still be sending out same message, what does a march accomplish?? You are all supporting seo via previous forum threads so I don't understand you saying that we are getting the wrong messages, but your fighting with the same aim..

It would be far easier to just stay at home than to walk up to the ground and sit and protest outside.It takes a lot more effort to do so.The people who stayed outside are prepared to put in that extra effort though in the hope that it will gain change.Others who say that they want change are not prepared to do anything but just to continue to do exactly as they are and let other's do the work for them.

Exactly!! Some people don't understand what I'm trying too say...

Maybe I should also write in big red letters too.. Maybe stick a few blue ones in too

What was the need for abuse to be thrown at the people who were just joining in with the protest march?

They were being told "you dont know what you are doing,you are killing the club"How strange that most of these people who were on the march/protest then went into the ground be it season ticket holder or pay on the gate.

All I'm saying is...

For the seo lot, why protest when your aim is too not give cash too the club, why can't you stay away, instead your presence creates trouble between alot of fans because we don't believe in your cause.. And basically you are putting a further wedge between yourselfs and other fans.. I don't dispute that you are big vale fans, but why do we want too see fans marching through burslem. Claiming too be representing the majority when in fact you efforts are merely supported by a couple of hundred... If that!!

Like I said there's no need too march, if your point is working then what need is there too pee alot of people off in the process,

Ever thought that by such people being prepared to put in that extra effort gives a visual sign to the board as to how many extra people would be paying to get into the ground to watch the match.

the spokes person was talking a fair bit about SEO. Even when not saying directly SEO

What I'm surprised at is where are the founders of SEO? Why have they not spoken out to defend the cause? It does seem like some other members of groups seem to have got "blamed" for it all.

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I (and my family) am pro-change.

We support B&G, SEO, NLV's EGM and every other group that will eventually force change at the club. Yesterday we marched, stood outside the main entrance during the game and remained outside the main entrance after the game. We attended Vale last season home and away as a family (as we have done for many years). We were never abusive, critical of ANYONE choosing to attend the game or caused any trouble (as was confirmed by both the police and the stewards).

Can you explain why you think we should have stepped aside?

Only for yesterday Caroline to show the people who where ignorant to the motives of the march that it was a pro change march not an SEO march.

Guest superjoe

It was as I predicted a march which turned out to be a damp squib. Barely 500 turned up for it and some of them only made the effort after fuelling themselves up with drink. The 5000 majority voted with their money and their vocal support for the team. It is time to call an end to your protest. Your tactics were all wrong. The vast majority of the supporters will not get behind a starve em out campaign or the ludicrous notion that we could trust Mr Chaudry. Let us get behind the team and hope that in time we can get backers who truly care about the club, its history and its supporters. Your methods were all wrong simple as that.

The fact of the matter for me is the future of V2001 is totally linked to what happens on the pitch - had we not got a last gasp equaliser yesterday and ended up loosing to what was a conference side last season, the brown stuff wud av hit the fan big style (even at this early stage) - the signs around the ground were there when they went in front and its going to depend heavily on how good or bad it gets on the pitch as this season progresses.

Adams and this squad of players will ultimately determine the fate of those remaining in the boardroom and Adams managerial future. Its so fragile that a couple of bad defeats and the protests will intensify gaining more momentum.

I reckon if we see a repeat of just the latter stages of last season it will force the changes the majority want to see, its only a matter of time with this weak small squad and no funds available to boost/strengthen the team.

I will be glad to see the back of all the protesting because it's now taken all the focus away from what are the real issues like getting those idiots out of our club. Us fans now have to re- unite, support the team but pile the pressure upon the scrotes!===

Archived