onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The future for SEO/B&G

AVIM

They will, you just need to go about it in the right way. Remove Mo from the situation completely at the start. The smaller shareholders buy up small amounts, increase their own stakeholding. Mark Sims offers to buy 24.9% in writing and goes public with his offer. They will not reject that. They have no grounds to rejecting it. Every offer so far has provided them with a way out. One offer of 24.9% from a person they have invited many times in the past to invest does not give them a way out. The only possible way out is the fact he has yet to accept his Directoship, they will question his commitment. He should accept that immediately.

What you then have is Mark Sims on 24.9%, Robbie Williams on whatever he'll be on (it will go down when Mark invests, but you should not in any circumstances make that relationship public) and many smaller shareholders in support of that totalling x%. You'll win any vote you want then, including inviting Mo to invest 24.9%. You're then in a position where you can change the articles and get rid of whoever you want.

Going in all guns blazing from the start with the Dream Team of Mo and Mark telling the world about how they were going to get rid of everyone in the boardroom was not the right way to go about it. Boycotting was not the right way to go about it. They will never be forced out by the minority.

And the board would sanction the sale of shares to smaller shareholders knowing that eventually it will be to there detriment.....I don't think so

Advert

The Mo and Mark investment of 24.9% was as a result of an invitation from Mr Bratt for Mo to invest 24.9%, ie to stick within the rules. This he did, and more to the point, he got someone else to stick within the rules as well and they still told them both to do one.

I agree that what you propose is ideal. I don't believe that the Board as it existed at the time would have accepted it.

Are you saying that the problem with the Mo/Mark bid was that they were too honest?

I know that Mr Bratt proposed that. They gave him a get-out by putting their bid in together and he took it.

I think think they would have no choice but to accept a single Mark Sims offer of 24.9% now, especially with Mike Lloyd as Chairman.

They were too honest. They are both commercial men and should have had more sense about them.

Guest thecharlatans
AVIM and his ilk keep posing these questions, but have no answers.

My questions to those who are anti-SEO, anti-B&G, and yet still maintain they are pro-change is this: -

How do you think this change will be achieved? Set out a strategy for us all to consider.

So because you don't have a clue on how to get rid of the board, a group is set up with the aim of encouraging Port Vale fans to not attend matches (only ever going to weaken the player budget and won't have any effect on the board). Great!

It is all pretty irrelevant anyway as it seems like it was all good at Vale Park yesterday. 6000 fans, stand sponsorships, executive boxes all sold out at a highe price, new prosperous catering deals, 2,500 people paying full whack on the day.

Very much business as usual at the Valiant headquarters

And the board would sanction the sale of shares to smaller shareholders knowing that eventually it will be to there detriment.....I don't think so

what if they didn't know?

what of like mined fans just had the same idea and purchased a couple of hundred pounds worth of shares in the hope that one day, at the next AGM or EGM that the cummulative votes will count?

They will, you just need to go about it in the right way. Remove Mo from the situation completely at the start. The smaller shareholders buy up small amounts, increase their own stakeholding. Mark Sims offers to buy 24.9% in writing and goes public with his offer. They will not reject that. They have no grounds to rejecting it. Every offer so far has provided them with a way out. One offer of 24.9% from a person they have invited many times in the past to invest does not give them a way out. The only possible way out is the fact he has yet to accept his Directoship, they will question his commitment. He should accept that immediately.

What you then have is Mark Sims on 24.9%, Robbie Williams on whatever he'll be on (it will go down when Mark invests, but you should not in any circumstances make that relationship public) and many smaller shareholders in support of that totalling x%. You'll win any vote you want then, including inviting Mo to invest 24.9%. You're then in a position where you can change the articles and get rid of whoever you want.

Going in all guns blazing from the start with the Dream Team of Mo and Mark telling the world about how they were going to get rid of everyone in the boardroom was not the right way to go about it. Boycotting was not the right way to go about it. They will never be forced out by the minority.

All very nice in principle, but not much evidence to back it up in fact. The board would ignore the request from MS to buy 24.9%, and would start to smell a rat if smaller shareholders started to hoover up shares.

886 out of 900 shareholders is a minority?

On what grounds could they refuse? They always encourage fans to buy more shares. It's not something they can go back on.

So because you don't have a clue on how to get rid of the board, a group is set up with the aim of encouraging Port Vale fans to not attend matches (only ever going to weaken the player budget and won't have any effect on the board). Great!

It is all pretty irrelevant anyway as it seems like it was all good at Vale Park yesterday. 6000 fans, stand sponsorships, executive boxes all sold out at a highe price, new prosperous catering deals, 2,500 people paying full whack on the day.

You're back, are you? Christ...

Not for me to have a clue about anything. Others had a clue, in that they caled an EGM. Didn't work, due to various - ahem - issues.

Yes, it is all irrelevant as the season is now fabulous as we got a point on the first day.

On what grounds could they refuse? They always encourage fans to buy more shares. It's not something they can go back on.

You're showing your slip, ms utch....you are obviously confusing this board with a board that has integrity.

funny guy, good of you to keep the club going for when we come back at the end of the board, cheers dude

All very nice in principle, but not much evidence to back it up in fact. The board would ignore the request from MS to buy 24.9%, and would start to smell a rat if smaller shareholders started to hoover up shares.

886 out of 900 shareholders is a minority?

Of course there is no evidence. It's a strategy. It hasn't happened. Would they? I don't think they would or could. The pro-change have friends in the media now, they can be used to put regular pressure on the board for updates, answers, timescales.

I was talking percentages, you knew that.

It's funny that you talk about fans being apathetic in another thread then challenge me to put up my thoughts. I do so and your immediate reaction is to say that it wouldn't work and, rpetty much, it's not worth a go.

I've always said the investors and the media need to do the work. The fans role is to encourage them to do that. Protests are all well and good but they don't really inspire that, nor do they do anything to help build supporter relations.

Guest thecharlatans
funny guy, good of you to keep the club going for when we come back at the end of the board, cheers dude

Apologies for wanting us to get big crowds, wanting the team to win and the club to gain as much money as possible

No it's fact!

Ah, you've decided to respond to me now.

You do realise that the figure last season was inflated due to beating QPR and Bury away prior to the first home game of the season? 2009/10 is much more comparable as that was, like yesterday, the very first match of the season. There were just 85 more fans at that one than there was yesterday.

You're showing your slip, ms utch....you are obviously confusing this board with a board that has integrity.

I can put it to the test if you want. If I apply for £100 worth of shares tomorrow, do yuo think I'll get them?

Archived