onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

lack of a push for season ticket sales

windsorvale4ever

more than ever the club needs to be pushing season ticket sales but to be honest other than on the scoreboard I haven't really seen or heard much else, why aren't the marketing and commercial side getting things moving, we have 2 home games left and then fans drift away for the summer. surely if promoted right we can get a lot more than 3000 I do think we get 5000 if the club does its part, get it on the radio in the local papers billboards pubs schools clubs we have 100s of local kids and adult football team/clubs in the area. have open days at the ground with players and manager in attendance. reduce the price for the Walsall match get as many fans in the stadium as we can and get the turnstile attendants to give season ticket application forms to everyone who passes through. i'd add an extra incentive as well get over 6000 get £100 back why not lets really push show the fans who do go the games regular and the ones who go now and then or not all at the moment that port vale needs them back. come on smurf etc get your backsides moving

Advert

Aside from the 5000 thing years back, when have the club ever properly pushed for season ticket sales? In fact, I'm struggling to remember any 'major pushes' in general ticket sales. Well, aside from an odd offer here & there, which were at best, advertised an average amount.

I saw it mentioned recently that apparently on the commercial side, sales have gone up, but attendances & ticket sales have gone down. But surely ticket sales should land under the commercial side also?

Agree that something needs to be done, but this has to be like the 20th thread regarding attendances & STs this season alone. I'm not knocking you, but I think everybody on this website is in agreement that we need to do all of what you've suggested/more to push for bigger crowds, & you're just preaching to the choir.

The only hope we have on here is that the people in charge of sales etc read these threads, or listen to our ideas, because they generally seem devoid of any.

If you want to sell a product you need to make it attractive, make it easy to purchase and make the potential customers aware of it. Norm's done his best (probably unintentionally) to make buying a season ticket unattractive through the constant negativity regarding virtually all aspects of the team's progress and although the product is pretty easy to purchase the publicity around it is nothing short of woeful.

I'll be renewing and I think we've had a decent season but I fear many won't and even fewer new purchasers will be found. We should have seen the club 'bigging up' this season's progress and therefore pushing to attract more s-ticket sales to see us strengthen and build on what's been done, eg, if we'd had a proper striker we would probably have been in the play offs.

It's fair to say that fans always managed to get season tickets before the internet. However, we're really not making anything from the availability of so much free communication.

I've said it before but assuming that people will remember (and bother) to part with their cash is a very risky strategy. How many, through lack of communication, might miss the deadline for cheap renewals and decide not to bother at all?

This publicity lark isn't Smurf's job, but if I was him I'd be wanting to know why the life-blood of the club haven't had a single inducement to renew their tickets.

It really is a very, very odd way to do business.

Huddersfield Town are promoting the #WagnerRevolution with adult season tickets at £179,8-17 year olds £69 and U8's £23.These prices are on offer for the first 15,000 customers and so far they have sold 11,000.

To be honest I have wondered why we didn't go down the route of offering a sliding scale of discounts depending on how early you renew.

Incidentally, I mentioned to another season ticket holder last week that the early renewal date had been moved to the end of May. He wasn't aware of this which is a bit concerning. Not everybody spends time on the Internet or reading the local paper (not everyone is living in the circulation). Clearly the message hasn't reached all.. I wonder if some people may try to renew at the cheaper price at the end of June and be dissapointed enough to say "shove it".

Not having a pop at anyone, just pointing out that there's still time to avoid any problems. Perhaps a note on a slip of paper at the turnstiles would help.

To be honest I have wondered why we didn't go down the route of offering a sliding scale of discounts depending on how early you renew.

Incidentally, I mentioned to another season ticket holder last week that the early renewal date had been moved to the end of May. He wasn't aware of this which is a bit concerning. Not everybody spends time on the Internet or reading the local paper (not everyone is living in the circulation). Clearly the message hasn't reached all.. I wonder if some people may try to renew at the cheaper price at the end of June and be dissapointed enough to say "shove it".

Not having a pop at anyone, just pointing out that there's still time to avoid any problems. Perhaps a note on a slip of paper at the turnstiles would help.

TBF neither did I until recently, I was hoping to be getting mine at discounted rates at the end of June. No real issue for me but I'd have been a bit annoyed had I missed the deadline and had to pay full price.

I would guess that most are now monthly paid will leave it till this months wages get paid in (thats what i will be doing).Then wait towards the end of the month anyway.But I also think that some may be waiting to know what is happening with the sale of the club.Is Smurf staying or selling?

TBF neither did I until recently, I was hoping to be getting mine at discounted rates at the end of June. No real issue for me but I'd have been a bit annoyed had I missed the deadline and had to pay full price.

The fact that someone like yourself was unaware of this indicates a distinct lack of information and how poor the season ticket sales promotion has been.The official club website itself is very poor for updates on a lot of things.

I never use the Vale website for anything unless it is a last resort. Terrible design that loads of clubs (have to or seem to?) use, & trying to find information can be tedious.

As above though, that home & away fans like Nelly only just managed to find out this information is very poor. This is pretty important stuff that should be communicated better, & I'm expecting a mass of complaints to come after the deadline, forcing the club to extend it to the end of June, because loads didn't know.

I never use the Vale website for anything unless it is a last resort. Terrible design that loads of clubs (have to or seem to?) use, & trying to find information can be tedious.

As above though, that home & away fans like Nelly only just managed to find out this information is very poor. This is pretty important stuff that should be communicated better, & I'm expecting a mass of complaints to come after the deadline, forcing the club to extend it to the end of June, because loads didn't know.

It also begs the question.

How have the sale's / commercial department improved if things like this (and lack of info on official site about the £5 Scunthorpe tickets) are still going on?

First up, I'm not a big fan of venting my spleen through the internet...I'd rather do it with the organisation or individual I'm having problems with. I'll also defend to the hilt the current manager.

BUT.....I can scarcely believe what I've been told today.

I called the Ticket Office today, as I was pondering handing over my money this Saturday.I live outside the immediate area and was planning on attending the game and giving the club some cash up-front. So far, so good.

In the course of the conversation I mentioned that I'd not had any kind of reminder about a renewal.

How's this for a pearler? The data system the club uses (and I quote) "doesn't allow for e-mails to be issued"!! Which sort of makes me wonder why they bother keeping any of my details at all, if they are not going to write, call or e-mail me. Apparently, there've been plenty of posters in the ground (no, me neither!!) and Radio Stoke has mentioned it too (ideal if you never listen to it).

Now, I know next to nothing about I.T....but I'm pretty sure email addresses can be copied and pasted onto a Excel/Word sheet and stored for future use that way.

Seriously Mr Smurthwaite or Mr Atwal - if you are reading this, for heaven's sake get someone with half a clue about customer service in that ticket office. If you ran an oatcake shop, that kind of response would be embarrassing - but coming from a proud member of the Football League? Really?

I'm beginning to think the 1876 on our badge is when we last looked at marketing.

PATHETIC!!

First up, I'm not a big fan of venting my spleen through the internet...I'd rather do it with the organisation or individual I'm having problems with. I'll also defend to the hilt the current manager.

I called the Ticket Office today, as I was pondering handing over my money this Saturday.I live outside the immediate area and was planning on attending the game and giving the club some cash up-front. So far, so good.

In the course of the conversation I mentioned that I'd not had any kind of reminder about a renewal.

How's this for a pearler? The data system the club uses (and I quote) "doesn't allow for e-mails to be issued"!! Which sort of makes me wonder why they bother keeping any of my details at all, if they are not going to write, call or e-mail me. Apparently, there've been plenty of posters in the ground (no, me neither!!) and Radio Stoke has mentioned it too (ideal if you never listen to it).

Now, I know next to nothing about I.T....but I'm pretty sure email addresses can be copied and pasted onto a Excel/Word sheet and stored for future use that way.

Seriously Mr Smurthwaite or Mr Atwal - if you are reading this, for heaven's sake get someone with half a clue about customer service in that ticket office. If you ran an oatcake shop, that kind of response would be embarrassing - but coming from a proud member of the Football League? Really?

I'm beginning to think the 1876 on our badge is when we last looked at marketing.

PATHETIC!!

. Spot on fella !!

PATHETIC!!

Correct and it really is as you say 'Pathetic'.Every time I go to get tickets for an away game they ask for my name and I often just hand over my season ticket which has all the details they could possibly need.(name,address,ST seat number etc) Might aswell get Teds old filing card tin trays out,we could save the money that the computer system uses with electricity.

PATHETIC!!

I sent a link to this thread to Raj Athwell on Twitter last night mate however because I'm often driving at night or sleeping in the day I can't always keep up to date.

May be worth other posters including yourself adding him on Twitter and raising concerns his Twitter address is: @1Rajathwel. Also although Phil Mayer is head of Stewarding, Security I always find him really helpful and he ensures any info is passed on, so always worth adding him on any tweets at @FIL4529

Archived