onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tax haven info released > GM Foods

JOHNNYAITCH

Where is the evidence that GMO foods have been tested and proven to be safe? We are human guinea pigs.

I did a quick search..as expected there is plenty of evidence which I still need to read up on in detail..whether it's conclusive or not I don't know. But we should have both sides of the argument if the evidence is not conclusive

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonentine/2014/09/17/the-debate-about-gmo-safety-is-over-thanks-to-a-new-trillion-meal-study/#69d836edca93

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2015/07/are_gmos_safe_yes_the_case_against_them_is_full_of_fraud_lies_and_errors.html

http://www.euractiv.com/section/science-policymaking/news/no-risk-with-gmo-food-says-eu-chief-scientific-advisor/

Advert

Any drinks that contain 'aspartame' or any other sweetener that is derived from the most evil company in the world - Monsanto, is strictly taboo.

Didn't spot this..I do avoid drinks containing aspartame which is awkward as i also avoid sugary drinks and don't drink alcohol these days so a somewhat limited choice in the pub (usually water or coffee..although I only take decaf !!!). Again though information sends mixed messages

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/the-truth-about-aspartame.aspx

http://aspartame.mercola.com/

Didn't spot this..I do avoid drinks containing aspartame which is awkward as i also avoid sugary drinks and don't drink alcohol these days so a somewhat limited choice in the pub (usually water or coffee..although I only take decaf !!!). Again though information sends mixed messages

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/the-truth-about-aspartame.aspx

http://aspartame.mercola.com/

I am so pleased to see that you are taking the time do this research. You are sure to benefit from it.

Here is a video that will hit home some truths to you about big pharma. It is lengthy, 58 minutes, but it conveys messages from more than 100 doctors and researchers.

Thanks...cancer is an issue that has affected several of my close relatives..sadly many times with a fatal outcome (I am sure there are others on here just as affected..some more so). One was in the last 12 months saved by surgery and drug therapy....so I shall watch this diligently.

As usual/always there are alternative views

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2012/12/07/alternative-cancer-treatment-claims-in-the-media-are-damaging-and-misleading/

The video was interesting and I've seen some of it before...I've long believed that cancer is something to do with 'healing gone wrong' based on family experiences and may be an indication of an underlying issue, and that traditional treatments just address symptoms..but they do nevertheless keep people alive if only in the short/medium term.

Hi Paul. There have been higher levels of cancer and it is gradually getting worse.

Aroundthe 1900's - 1 in 1,000 were diagnosed as having cancer, although admittedly it was not looked for by many people.

1974, it became 1 in 10 people.

2007, it was 1 in 4.

2014, it was 1 in 3 people living who will be expected to have the terrible disease, but big pharma don't care. They are only interested in making more and more cash and gaining power.

Many countries have banned all GMO foods. They must have a good reason to do this?

USA governed by mega business' where there are allegedly back handers being paid, is the pit of hell cocerning food . I personally will not buy any food that is grown in America, especially from California, suh as grapes, raisens, kiwi fruit and almonds. I look for the country of source on the packaging i.e. almonds from Turkey or other mid eastern countries.

Any drinks that contain 'aspartame' or any other sweetener that is derived from the most evil company in the world - Monsanto, is strictly taboo.

Tony, there are higher levels of cancer in the world now 'cause of our way of life , stress and we are generally living longer.

All the evidence on GMO foods points to them being safe, millions of people in the general population have eaten GMO foods and the incidence of cancer hasn't increased, there is no better evidence than that. It really is not in the best interests of any company to market foods (or drugs) that will cause disease, for starters the FDA would not allow it and the company that did would quickly be sued out of business.

Russia is not strong in the field of biotechnology hence there is a sense of "Not invented here syndrome", Putin would rather starve his own people than embrace technology from the west. Europe is trying to catch up in the science behind GMO foods and many European companies have products in the pipeline but lobbyists like the French and others wish to protect their farming industry and hence campaign against it.

Aspartamine was discovered by an American Company called G D Searle, I don't know who produces aspartamine these days cause its most likely off patent. Aspartamine is what's known as a dipeptide, it is the ethyl ester formed from aspartic acid and phenylalanine, two amino acids with are two of the 23 amino acids which make up every protein in our bodies. Aspatamine, just like any other chemical, is toxic to living things at some dose but within recommended dose ranges it is safe.

I am so pleased to see that you are taking the time do this research. You are sure to benefit from it.

Here is a video that will hit home some truths to you about big pharma. It is lengthy, 58 minutes, but it conveys messages from more than 100 doctors and researchers.

Tony although there are some fair points in this video (I've not watched it all by any means) but there are some mega inaccuracies and wrongs in the first few minutes consistent with this type of treatise.

The "Expert" says he doesn't know what cancer is. Cancer is not one disease but many thousands of diseases all rolled under the umbrella of cancer. Cancer is uncontrolled cell growth, human and all living cells are known as eukaryotes and their growth and division are kept under tight control by different biochemical mechanisms, when these mechanisms go wrong then the cell can grow and divide out of control and hence cancer results. The other main cell type in our world are prokaryotes, all bacteria are prokaryotes, they generally grow and divide rapidly without any control.

The future for cancer treatment is identifying the mechanism(s) which have become faulty (genotyping) and then selecting a drug(s) that treats that fault(s), other promising approaches include stimulating the immune system to detect and kill the cancer and vaccines for cancer. However the human body has been around for billions of years so to expect science to come up with a cure in so short a time is unrealistic. There have been many notable successes in discovering drugs to treat some types of cancer, eg Gleevec I told you about before, and there will be more as the science of the underlying mechanisms is worked out .

One of the biggest challenges in discovering cancer treatments is finding drugs which will kill or prevent the cancerous cell from growing but leave the healthy cells untouched, this is the problem with radiation and chemotherapy in that they kill both cancerous and healthy cells and hence why better treatments are required. I could go on but this is way off topic.

If GMO food is poison and causes cancer then why haven't the millions of peoplJe around the world who have been eating GMO food for 10

Maybe you'd care to tell us your employer Paul, so that no one could possibly think you have a vested interest in Big Pharma profiteering or GMO poison foods - if you don't wish to name the actual company, at least which industry.

If you can also add the reasons why you think you are an expert and know more than anyone else on the entire site on all these subjects without insulting the posters who disagree with you, that might impress a few people too,

I'm retired and have no vested interest in any company. I'm a scientist and worked in drug discovery in the research departments of Pharmaceutical Companies. I have no wish to insult or impress anyone but perhaps am more familiar with the science, processes and what's sense and what's not than a layman in this and allied industries.

I'm retired and have no vested interest in any company. I'm a scientist and worked in drug discovery in the research departments of Pharmaceutical Companies. I have no wish to insult or impress anyone but perhaps am more familiar with the science, processes and what's sense and what's not than a layman in this and allied industries.

With respect Paul and without wishing to offencive, I disagree wth the majority of your last three postings.

1/ Evidence does NOT point to GMO foodss being safe. Cattle, goats and other animals have for many, many years eaten the grasses and left over cotton buds in the fields of India. But in recent years they have died after doing so. Also, the video below proves that GMO is unsafe.

2/ Russia is strong in ALL fields of technology including bio.

3/French and other European country officials certainy do want to protect their farming industry, - yes from GMO poison and in order also to protect their populations.

4/ Aspartame is NOT like any other chemicals. It causes many illnesses. One disasterous result of consuming Aspartame is the prevention of the brain from producing dopamine which needs to flood the brain and put a lining on the neurotransmitters. Aspartame also causes a craving for carbohydrates, so it actually is conducive to weight gain.

5/ Cancer cells (which all people have) are allowed to run amoke when the immune system is suppressed. The white cells are unable to control them and they attack organs.

6/ There already is a way to protect and cure cancer and has been kown for many years without drugs, - Vitamin B17 which is no longer in our modern day diet. (see video below). There is no profit in vitamins so Big Pharma have no interest in them.

I have downloaded and printed off many testimonials fro people who have been deemed to be untreatable and sent home to die. Some have even included, name, address and phone number.

Within my own home have seen cancer cured permanently with vitamin B 17.

7/ The hundreds of 'LAYMEN' that I refer to are qualified nuitritionits, doctors, researchers and scientists who are experts in their own field. The difference from your self is that they are independant and you are ex Big Pharma (Monsanto?)

Video :

Last night I watched a video that struck fear into my heart. I thought that I might have nightmares when I went to bed.

It wasn't a sex and violence feature film, but a video made by doctors, researchers and scientists.

I don't think that ANYONE who watches this video, or just 20/30 minutes of it can HONESTLY say that they believe that GMO foods are safe and good for humans and the future of the world.

With respect Paul and without wishing to offencive, I disagree wth the majority of your last three postings.

1/ Evidence does NOT point to GMO foodss being safe. Cattle, goats and other animals have for many, many years eaten the grasses and left over cotton buds in the fields of India. But in recent years they have died after doing so. Also, the video below proves that GMO is unsafe.

We should have a separate thread on this topic.

The evidence does point to GMO foods being safe beause millions of people have eaten GMO food for 10-15 years+ and there has been no increase in the incidence of cancer or any disease in the general population. Tony that is the best evidence that can possibly be obtained, period, nothing to do with cattle, goats etc in India or anywhere else.

2/ Russia is strong in ALL fields of technology including bio.

Russia is strong in the physical sciences such as Physics and Chemistry, it is nowhere near as strong in Biology and the interphase of Biology and Chemistry. The evidence is that virtually no medicines/vaccines etc have emanated from Russia they virtually all come from the USA and Europe. A search of the World Patent database would prove this but I don't have access to that data anymore.

3/French and other European country officials certainy do want to protect their farming industry, - yes from GMO poison and in order also to protect their populations.
GMO foods have been around in most countries, particularly the USA, with no deleterious effects.

4/ Aspartame is NOT like any other chemicals. It causes many illnesses. One disasterous result of consuming Aspartame is the prevention of the brain from producing dopamine which needs to flood the brain and put a lining on the neurotransmitters. Aspartame also causes a craving for carbohydrates, so it actually is conducive to weight gain.

I hate to say this but these sentences don't make scientific sense. Dopamine is a neutrotransmitter, there are many neurotransmitters in the brain, their function is to convey the electrical signals from one neuron to the next neuron, there's no such thing as a lining on a neurotransmitter.

5/ Cancer cells (which all people have) are allowed to run amoke when the immune system is suppressed. The white cells are unable to control them and they attack organs.

I hope all people don't have cancer cells, the existence of the human race would be in huge danger if that was correct, it would be more correct to say all humans have the potential to develop cancerous cells. It is a puzzle to cancer scientists why in a healthy person when a healthy cell turns cancerous that the immune system doesn't detect and kill it, it may be the immune system or one part of it may be suppressed or faulty, this is one area attracting much research funding.

6/ There already is a way to protect and cure cancer and has been kown for many years without drugs, - Vitamin B17 which is no longer in our modern day diet. (see video below). There is no profit in vitamins so Big Pharma have no interest in them.

I have downloaded and printed off many testimonials fro people who have been deemed to be untreatable and sent home to die. Some have even included, name, address and phone number.

Within my own home have seen cancer cured permanently with vitamin B 17.

There are many, many types of cancer and some may be treatable with Vitamin B17 and if it's worked in your home than absolutely brilliant and I mean that sincerely. However, if this was a blanket treatment for cancer Oncologists the world over would be prescribing it and companies would be manufacturing and selling it. Pharma companies don't prescribe drugs, Medical doctors prescribe drugs.

7/ The hundreds of 'LAYMEN' that I refer to are qualified nuitritionits, doctors, researchers and scientists who are experts in their own field. The difference from your self is that they are independant and you are ex Big Pharma (Monsanto?)

My use of the term "Laymen" was to Bea's post. I never worked for Monsanto or had anything to do with them but they're as good a company as companies go as far as I can tell. (Aspartamine is the methyl ester not ethyl, and there are 21 natural amino acids not 23 in humans)

Video :

Interesting stuff guys..seems we have scientific evidence (but I'm no scientist) and anecdotal evidence on both sides. The 'millions have eaten GMO with no increase in cancer etc' argument is compelling..the cynic in me says that vested interests might suppress adverse results but I've no evidence for that.

Last night I watched a video that struck fear into my heart. I thought that I might have nightmares when I went to bed.

It wasn't a sex and violence feature film, but a video made by doctors, researchers and scientists.

I don't think that ANYONE who watches this video, or just 20/30 minutes of it can HONESTLY say that they believe that GMO foods are safe and good for humans and the future of the world.

It's obvious that most people have not/will not find the time to watch this video.

Archived