onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Monsieur Campion

smithie

There's an interesting line in this article about the instigator of Achille signing for us

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Achille-Campion-heading-Vale-luckless/story-28253300-detail/story.html

"Campion was signed by Vale chairman Norman Smurthwaite in September 2014 from Swedish side Norrby IF"

He's been really unlucky in Torquay, and this episode shows how uncertain the life of a footballer can be.

I really hope it works out for "Camps" wherever he ends up. He seems a thoroughly decent bloke who genuinely likes it at the Vale.

Advert

Guest barnzay_13

I don't think that he is cut out to play at this level, maybe low end of league 2 would be the place for him to go and show what he can do. I feel for him because he was scoring in the reserves then had this huge hype around him, then unfortunalty being a flop in the first team. Best thing for him is to be released from his contract and move on the pastures new, because i doubt we will ever use him seeing as Hooper (who is getting the same amount of hype as campion did) cant make it onto the pitch.

I don't think that he is cut out to play at this level, maybe low end of league 2 would be the place for him to go and show what he can do. I feel for him because he was scoring in the reserves then had this huge hype around him, then unfortunalty being a flop in the first team. Best thing for him is to be released from his contract and move on the pastures new, because i doubt we will ever use him seeing as Hooper (who is getting the same amount of hype as campion did) cant make it onto the pitch.

Hard to argue with that. I'd like to see him succeed, as he has all the ingredients to be a "cult hero" like we used to have under Rudge and, to a lesser extent, Horton. Although, as AJ has shown, a run of games somewhere may be all he needs...

Guest barnzay_13
Was he a "flop"? Did he ever get enough games to show that he was, or was not good enough?

The fact that has hasn't been given the playing time shows that he more than likely wasn't perfoming in training and to be honest apart from the odd glimer, when he did play he seemed to be tire quickly and showing that he couldn't really keep up with the pace. I wish him well with where ever he ends up because he will be a good player for somebody who is prepared to put the time and effort into him, and a lower league club will be able to do that.

AJ and campion could be the next prolific partner ship backed by Dodds in a 'free role'. Who knows? Sometimes it's worth a gamble to try and mix things up and experiment...I hope Page feels the need to do this if our run comes to an end. Revitalisation is key to prevent a rut of winless games run before it gets going. Some times that is my criticism of Page...he doesn't gamble enough

The last time i saw Campion play was against Kidsgrove when he looked out of his depth, so no wonder RP has been reluctant to play him.

But the point is we have also seen AJ, Dodds, Yates looking out of their depth as well. Page is ultimately responsible for bringing out the best in the players we are paying week in week out. If he's not prepared to do that then you have to question his management style, Adams also let players rot away by the wayside. It's one dimensional and asking for trouble when injuries firmly hit

But the point is we have also seen AJ, Dodds, Yates looking out of their depth as well. Page is ultimately responsible for bringing out the best in the players we are paying week in week out. If he's not prepared to do that then you have to question his management style, Adams also let players rot away by the wayside. It's one dimensional and asking for trouble when injuries firmly hit

Page played those players because he believed that they could do what was asked of them, that they could perform. He (and Adams) obviously don't have that belief in Campion. Are you saying he should play people that he doesn't think are good enough? I don't think Page's judgment needs questioning at all, he's doing just fine.

Also, name one capable player (maybe apart from Morsey) that Adams or Page have let 'rot by the wayside'. How many have been released and gone on to better things?

Archived