onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Should we send the RAF to Syria?

TeenValiant

This is the thing. I'm not what material impact this will actually have on the existing campaign in Syria.

We're already fighting this war on one front and now we're fighting it on another. I was reading that we've got 8 planes flying over Iraq currently and we may add 8 more for Syria.

The Brimstone missiles sound interesting (I'm surprised the Yanks don't have this sort of capability) but it sounds like identifying legitimate targets has become a problem for the forces out there already.

Libya will be next, who we recently helped to liberate from any form of Government at all.

Now bombing Syria is approved let's bomb turkey as well as it's proved that that despot dictatorship supports Isis and is a major arms and finder of terrorists in the region mascerading as an allie to us

Advert

So it's decided then; Cameron is going to try and out the fire in the Middle East.....with petrol!

What I don't understand is on all forms of social media you had people saying we can't take in the Syrian refugees, we don't have the resources, and then the same people are supporting bombing Syria, spending £100,000's on missiles and creating an even bigger refugee problem. Mental!

So it's decided then; Cameron is going to try and out the fire in the Middle East.....with petrol!

What I don't understand is on all forms of social media you had people saying we can't take in the Syrian refugees, we don't have the resources, and then the same people are supporting bombing Syria, spending £100,000's on missiles and creating an even bigger refugee problem. Mental!

Having watched that socalled debate of our government most of yesterday and seeing the way they conducted themselves whilst deciding on releasing carnage overseas it was a disgrace in contrast watching Putin addressing a massive audience of Russian officials all listening in total respect to his speech no heckling or interruptions like parliament yesterday which often fell into disorder I suggest all our socalled MPs watch and learn how civilised responsible people conduct themselves

Now bombing Syria is approved let's bomb turkey as well as it's proved that that despot dictatorship supports Isis and is a major arms and finder of terrorists in the region mascerading as an allie to us
Not possible without expelling them from NATO first.

Hilary Benn just s*** on Corbyn and humiliated him from a great height. He's sitting next to Corbyn as well...The Tories looked on and gloated. Corbyn looks gutted to say the least...he has been humiliated by his own shadow cabinet appointee...

If I was Corbyn I would sack him if Corbyn gets his way...if he doesn't i'm afraid Corbyn should return to the backbenches

Or Benn just expressing his opinion on defence policy? Clashes on the main agenda like Housing or Inequality would be a different matter.

Having watched that socalled debate of our government most of yesterday and seeing the way they conducted themselves whilst deciding on releasing carnage overseas it was a disgrace in contrast watching Putin addressing a massive audience of Russian officials all listening in total respect to his speech no heckling or interruptions like parliament yesterday which often fell into disorder I suggest all our socalled MPs watch and learn how civilised responsible people conduct themselves

Their illmannered conduct reminded me of football 'supporters' who boo their own, or opponents manager or players. Little wonder that a large percentage of the British publiuc refuse to vote for any of these political hooligans.

Or the "Russian officials" are too scared of Putin to protest against him? Or he has filled it with people who agree with him??

I watched most of the debate and whilst I don't agree with the outcome if they'd all just deferred to Cameron I'd be more scared.

66 Labour MP's (Including Stoke on Trent North MP Ruth Smeeth) showed their true colours last night and went against 75% of their own members wishes. These traitors are backstabbers and career politicians who do not give a damn what the general public think (They totally betrayed their own leader)

Yet they continue to appease their own Muslim constituencies to gain votes and ignore practices that are seen in English Law as illegal (Rotherham..Birmingham etc)

The double standards of these MP's is truly appalling...They should be kicked out their own party

66 Labour MP's (Including Stoke on Trent North MP Ruth Smeeth) showed their true colours last night and went against 75% of their own members wishes. These traitors are backstabbers and career politicians who do not give a damn what the general public think (They totally betrayed their own leader)

Yet they continue to appease their own Muslim constituencies to gain votes and ignore practices that are seen in English Law as illegal (Rotherham..Birmingham etc)

The double standards of these MP's is truly appalling...They should be kicked out their own party

I admire anyone who stands up against bullying and having pictures of dead babies pushed through their letter box.I see Jez's PR spokesman Red Ken is at it again.Better politicians than Corbyn ,in the Labour Party,performed extremely well yesterday whether for or against air strikes.Just to add,those doubters about the amount of Syrians fighting against IS would have done well to see the interview last night with an ex President of an opposition party in Syria.They already are.They welcome the air strikes because they are fighting on 2 fronts and the strikes can only help them.

Do you want them to reflect what members think or what the general public think or what their leader thinks? The majority of the British public support air strikes so who should they 'agree with'? Surely if the are career politcianas they would do what's good for their career and support their leader and ignore what thy really want to vote for?

Aren't Muslims part of the public too? Are you saying they should ignore their constituents' wishes?

What double standard?

The 75% was from a sample of 1900 members.Slightly less was the % of Labour MPs who voted against air strikes.

About 70%of Labour MPs voted against air strikes last night.

And ALL Tory's voted as they were forced to do by the party whip. They were not given a free vote like J. Corbin gave to the Labour M.P's.

They didn't/couldn't vote according to what the people perhaps wanted them to vote for, or what they might have wanted to vote for, the puppets were under the control of Cameron's party whip.

If the whimps can't stand for what they genuinly believe they should resign from the party.

I dont think you understand Steve, we want to make their country safe to send them back.

Who helped rebuild London after the blitz? Or did we all just pack up and sod off to Portugal?

Can you name the countries you consider as part of 'Russia's vast empire' please - no, there are none.

Russia have no threatening bases far from their shores - unlike the US which has bases, weapons, troops and aggressive stances in South Korea, Japan, the Pacific, North America of course, and all the NATO counties including places like the Baltic states and Poland they agreed should be neutral, plus heavy presence in Turkey and other areas, use of Saudi support, some African countries.

Have you seen the sheer size or Russia? I take it the Ukraine arent part of Russia, seeing as they just walked in and took the part they wanted?

Archived