onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Silence of the Board

Really, don't see anything productive or even funny from it yet, just the same old ground being trodden.

Another day, another similar thread that generates the same sorts of responses. Its getting me down and I support SEO!

We are entitled to ask the question though, the fact its getting you down is your problem, I thought the question was valid,the chairmen has refused all offers of interviews and the fact the board have remained conspicuous by their silence suggests Thats Entertainment is right to ask.

Advert

I agree with your points above, just not your actions. I agree this board has to go, but why punish the next board by deciding you will not attend if they are not in place by the first game of the season? Do you think this board really care about the long term future of the club? Do you think they care if you decide to not buy a season ticket when they are here, never mind when they have left? I just cant see the logic in what you are suggesting. I do however, back SEO and eventually FEU.

If they dont go there wont be another board.The sooner they get gone the better.They have put their deadlines(season ticket price's) so i'm putting my deadline's.

It would appear that the board think that if they ignore what they don't like it will go away. This is what they did with Mo and it seems as though this is their strategy going forward. Unfortunately for them they can't really hide when the season starts. I thought I would never say this but I hope we have a bad start and the pressure really starts to build and the pro boarders wake up and smell the coffee. Not that I will be at any home games.

Really, don't see anything productive or even funny from it yet, just the same old ground being trodden.

Another day, another similar thread that generates the same sorts of responses. Its getting me down and I support SEO!

To be fair to the original poster, I think he made a valid point. The day after the EGM, Mr Oliver is quoted in the Sentinel as follows:

"What's needed now is that supporters cease the conflict which has marked the last few months and start working constructively together to rebuild the club and our unity.

"Nothing is ruled in or out and everything can be discussed, but it will need good will from both directions to do so.

I would be interested to know exactly what efforts have been made by the Board to discuss anything with anyone. It took them ages to get round a table with NLV and they seem to have obstructed Mark Sims, despite Mr Oliver asking him to make a quick decision.

If the Board think they are going to get many of the fans who oppose them back onside, they will not do it by simply ignoring them. The assumption which they appear to be making that a few good results will see everyone forget the past and rally to their support is misguided at best and downright ****** stupid at worst.

You may say we should contact the Board and ask for a response. Well most of them seem to have been on holiday since the EGM and many attempts to contact them in the past have been ignored. The chairman either stopped going to games or ran off before the end avoiding the fans. Mr Oliver has not been seen in an Away section since January. Mike Lloyd, to his credit, turned up at the SC meeting at Baddeley Green but when asked why he should be re-elected and what the club's business strategy was for the future seem lost for words.

The silence is downright rude in my opinion. Ignore your customer base at your peril - and that means those on both sides of the fence because they don't even appear to be communicating with their supporters.

I wonder what on earth you are bothering to ask that question for on here other than to generate more hate fuelled answers or at best sarcastic ones.

We all know they have no clue, we all know they are desperate to hang on the power, we all know they are ignorant towards a lot of the fans feelings.

Surely asking a question like this would have been better focused towards the board and then feeding back on here IF you received an answer.

I don't see this thread will be productive in any way shape or form.

Ask a deliberately loaded question and you will cause another masacre.

REP,

I understand what your saying .... but

The question is still valid & needs to be answered URGENTLY.

Even the Pro-Board supporters must realise the club needs some direction & leadership to take it forward.

Even the Pro-Board supporters must realise the club needs some direction & leadership to take it forward.

Sadly, that is the reason they are Pro Board, they don't see leadership from the board as necessary so long as we win football matches!

However, football as an industry has changed and you only win points for league games, not money. Your money is earned from;

1. TV Revenue (Sadly lowest at this level and not a great earner)

2. Customer base (Now the second lowest earning area of the business with ticket revenue, kit, etc)

3. Sponsorship (Second highest earning area through hoardings, stand, on the shirt, matchdays, etc)

4. Additional non-football related revenue (Ground hire, facilities, etc)

1 is outside of anyones control, that is down to the FL and TV

2 is influenced by on the field games, but also by customer satisfaction which at Vale is at an all time low in 8 years

3 is purely the board and CEO

4 is purely the board and CEO

What the Pro Boarders can't understand is that we can see, even though the team has made strides to help with point 2, it can't influence so much on 3 and 4. The board influences 2, 3 & 4 and we see they have made a right royal **** up of all three.

The only one then missing is point 5, external investment through shares and we all know the boards stand on that one!

Dont hold your breath as that's a question none of them could answer at the EGM.

It should be a question they should be able to answer though as they won't sell the flipping club. I mean it's not like we - the fans and shareholders - are in a position to know what is going on in and around our football club.:banghead::banghead::angry::banghead::banghead:

Sadly, that is the reason they are Pro Board, they don't see leadership from the board as necessary so long as we win football matches!

However, football as an industry has changed and you only win points for league games, not money. Your money is earned from;

1. TV Revenue (Sadly lowest at this level and not a great earner)

2. Customer base (Now the second lowest earning area of the business with ticket revenue, kit, etc)

3. Sponsorship (Second highest earning area through hoardings, stand, on the shirt, matchdays, etc)

4. Additional non-football related revenue (Ground hire, facilities, etc)

1 is outside of anyones control, that is down to the FL and TV

2 is influenced by on the field games, but also by customer satisfaction which at Vale is at an all time low in 8 years

3 is purely the board and CEO

4 is purely the board and CEO

What the Pro Boarders can't understand is that we can see, even though the team has made strides to help with point 2, it can't influence so much on 3 and 4. The board influences 2, 3 & 4 and we see they have made a right royal **** up of all three.

The only one then missing is point 5, external investment through shares and we all know the boards stand on that one!

Very good.

:clap::clap::clap:

The board continue to remain silent.

What is the boards plan/vision for the future of Port Vale F.C. ? .......

Will we get a statement from our Clear & Transparent board before the start of the new season ? ....

Only if you sign the an agreement to keep it confidential.

I wonder what BB and Glen would be saying if Bill Bell was the owner again of the club and he was ****ing them about like they have been doing to investors and us the supporters.

It would be interesting to know what they would have said if the circumstances were different.

We have come full circle, the only difference IMHO is that BB, Glen and Lloyd are hated more than Bell ever was..

I wonder what BB and Glen would be saying if Bill Bell was the owner again of the club and he was ****ing them about like they have been doing to investors and us the supporters.

It would be interesting to know what they would have said if the circumstances were different.

We have come full circle, the only difference IMHO is that BB, Glen and Lloyd are hated more than Bell ever was..

I'm not sure if that is due to short memory or selective memory.I'm tempted to think selective memory.

Parasitic leech's.

Been away for a while, and have no idea what is happening to Mo's bid - has he disappeared from the scene? He needs to show he still has an interest in the club, otherwise people will begin to wonder what all the fuss was about

Archived