onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Forum Display Issues - Pls Read

robf

Hi Rob - my display was funny last night but it's gone back to normal now. For a few days though, when I load the home page it's not stable and scrolls down the screen leaving a blank space - I then scroll down to find it. Not a serious problem but just annoying. I'm running Firefox 41.0.2.

Thanks very much for your efforts.

Advert

Hi robf could this issue have any thing to do with facebook when I go on o v f page at the top of the page I would have my user name, notifications, my profile, settings, log out.

then before my name would come up with facebook but facebook dose not come up on my page know. have tried ctrl f5 but nothing happens can still get the forum pages but have to press on the forum key to get the next forum page.

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the comments and sorry I can't get back to them all in turn.

However, I have turned off caching and from here I can see it made a BIG difference. There was a lot of problems with the back-end of the site (lots of functions missing) which wasn't helping me when I was trying to fix things. These are now all back and working since I switched off caching.

Can I ask you all remain patient and if it isn't resolved within 48 hours (the caching will still be in place for some as it doesn't all switch off in one go) please let me know.

In answer to a few questions:

1. Facebook log-in - this has been removed as it was potentially an issue. If the site returns to "normal" I will add it back

2. Style - if all returns to normal I will bring back the "old" style

3. "Latest posts" at the top - again temporarily removed as it could have been a problem - if all returns to normal I will add it back

4. I actually added the cache to keep the site up during busy periods. Now it is removed, you may now find the odd "Database error" during busy times (e.g. end of games etc)

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Rob

It seems to working for everyone again.

I have deliberately switched off both the "Hot Topics" at the top of the page (I've got a temporary fix of "popular threads" in the sidebar) and the Thumbs up/down for the weekend but I will restore them both when I am convinced the issues have totally gone away.

Thanks for your patience!

Archived