onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Oldham A 1. Post Match comments

Fosse69

Just watched the highlights of the Fleetwood match and Purkiss also lost his man for the header on to the bar at the end of the second half. I wonder if that's what rival managers have see when they have mentioned they feel we might be weak from corners. Maybe that's his Achilles heal and we need to use someone else to pick up one of the man threats in the air ... O'Connor when he's back?

Advert

Pathetic ,this just about sums up why we'll never get anywhere with so called support like this .

So, you only want to go and support as long as we win but want to stay away and let us all know what is wrong when we don't win .

I too was disappointed with last night but at least I was there to support , it's the only way we'll ever get anywhere .

You have the mind set of other so called supporters it's 'Super Vale' when we win and 'slagg off Vale' when we lose !

Same at Fleetwood Saturday ,5 mins gone clowns slagging off various players , booing off at half time , 2nd half as soon as we score it's 'Super Vale away' , talk about fickle .

How anyone can boo their own team is beyond me , how can it help however disappointed you are , still , realism doesn't even enter their heads .

Excellent post that- that clown doesn't have a proper opinion

Some people on this site are very easily pleased it seems. The performance last night was more worrying than dropping two points against a side that were very much there for the taking They weren't there for the the taking at all. They were very solid defensively, quick to close down and content with a point . Absolute no urgency from us throughout very harsh that- it was wave after wave prior to the equaliser and even when we got the equaliser and you would expect us to push on from that I thought that Oldham were the better team for the last 20 minutes I don't and we could have snatched it at the death with a far cleaner chance than they had all game, including their goal

Moore just isn't good enough utter tripe, he really is at League One level. I've never seen a winger that's unable to take a full-back on as much as he's unable to he got cross after cross in yesterday, were you actually there?. Colin Daniel wasn't a striker this time last week and he certainly isn't one now just because he got a goal and put in a decent 2nd half shift against Fleetwood he justified selection up top far more than AJ. We have some very good players at this level but I don't believe the manager will come close to getting anything like the best out of them consistently how could you possibly know that? Utter shash and I can see this season panning out something very close to the one we had in the last campaign I don't, the squad is vastly improved and on course for a better finish already.

I'd stick g to thinking you're on Sunday Supplement by over analysing your "other" team if I were you

Wave after wave?!!? Really? It didnt look like that from where we were sitting, sideways passing with no ambition is what we saw!

Is that clear cut chance you mention the one in the last minute? It wasnt clear cut if so, it was just a header that the keeper fumbled. The had a much clearer chance to make it 2-0 at the end of the first half.

Moore got cross after cross in :laugh: Did he ********!!! He constantly passed it backwards to Purkiss.

Both Daniel and AJ justified selection after the fleetwood game.

Its your views of the game that are nonsense

I'm glad someone (V_593) saw it as I did mostly. Actually, I know that many others did that were sat around me. Passing the ball 5 yards to eat other without actually shooting at goal can hardly be considered "wave after wave". On the night it was two poor sides and neither deserved three points. What worries me even more than the likes of Leitch-Smith and Daniel being chosen to provide goals is that we have a rugged ex defender in charge and yet we can't defend corner kicks for toffee, the very basics of football.

I'm glad someone (V_593) saw it as I did mostly. Actually, I know that many others did that were sat around me. Passing the ball 5 yards to eat other without actually shooting at goal can hardly be considered "wave after wave". On the night it was two poor sides and neither deserved three points. What worries me even more than the likes of Leitch-Smith and Daniel being chosen to provide goals is that we have a rugged ex defender in charge and yet we can't defend corner kicks for toffee, the very basics of football.

Daniel was the only one attempting to shoot iirc

Archived