onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 12th Sep 2015, Port Vale v Wigan Athletic, pre-match comments, the match itself

Fosse69

Advert

Should be a cracker hope they bring a few will bring out more of our lot.

A team who from.2-0 down at Chesterfield who played us off the pitch last season away to win 3-2 must be very good .

This is a very very hard game every one of our players need to be at there best .

My team as we need to compete and notweaken.the team with the subs we bring on.

Alnwick

Purkiss Streete Innis Dicko

Moore Oconnor Grant Foley

Dodds

uche

If needs be and Moore is not at it bring on.Andoh ,if Uche cannot last 90 try Andoh up front and move Birchall to the right .

If dodds is not at it move oconnor into just behind the striker and bring Brown on.

Dont.use any of the other players if u can.help it as they havent shone when called upon thus far .

Duffy needs a rest i believe although i aint seen.streetes distribution.is excellent.

Am I right in thinking that Vales only ever competitive league win at Springfield Park was our last ever visit, our record is something like played 9 lost 8 won 1? Or am I dreaming?

We've won on our last two visits,2-0 in 1988 and 4-0 in 1993 but we lost the previous eight league games at Springfield Park.

A team who from.2-0 down at Chesterfield who played us off the pitch last season away to win 3-2 must be very good .

This is a very very hard game every one of our players need to be at there best .

Alnwick

Dodds

uche

If needs be and Moore is not at it bring on.Andoh ,if Uche cannot last 90 try Andoh up front and move Birchall to the right .

If dodds is not at it move oconnor into just behind the striker and bring Brown on.

Dont.use any of the other players if u can.help it as they havent shone when called upon thus far .

Duffy needs a rest i believe although i aint seen.streetes distribution.is excellent.

Mental, you've dropped probably two of our most consistent players this season. Andoh unsettles defences and Duffy has been excellent every match. Why would they need a rest? They'll have had 10 days off since the Carlisle game. And Birchall.....

Wouldn't be surprised if some of our fans went on the pitch and let off a firework if we scored 3 goals in the last 10 mins or so to come back from 2-0 down in a very difficult away game to win 3-2.

Not right, but I hardly compares to the old days when Millwall invaded the pitch at Luton and acted like Attilla the Hun's army or England fans in Dublin that time.

Alnwick

Dodds

uche

Your team selections never leave room for indifference, we are all entitled to our opinion. I would question whether starting O'Connor after such a long while without a game might be a little premature, and would like to see Andoh start as dropping him if he is fully fit would not be too welcome with our fans I suspect.... still its all about opinion. Rob Page's is the one that matters.

These are the type of games desperately i want us win cus these guys will be expecting roll in and take 3 points from little Port Vale as will the media and bookies but if we perform anywhere near the standard set against Donny then their in for a supprise. For me the team picks itself today, Inniss and Duffy need be on their game to handle Davies and Grigg while Uche needs to not give Wigans defence a minutes peace and hopefully can force some mistakes.

These are the type of games desperately i want us win cus these guys will be expecting roll in and take 3 points from little Port Vale as will the media and bookies but if we perform anywhere near the standard set against Donny then their in for a supprise. For me the team picks itself today, Inniss and Duffy need be on their game to handle Davies and Grigg while Uche needs to not give Wigans defence a minutes peace and hopefully can force some mistakes.

Spot on...here's hoping

Archived