onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sell on fees

werstayinup

Could admin please leave this in the Vale section because although it is other football it is also Vale related.thank you

I see that Barnsley will make a mint when Stones gets sold and now it looks like Andre Gray is going to leave Brentford for around 9m:ohmy:,if he does then Luton will get around 1.6m from the deal,now for me this shows the importance of not only bringing in younger players for us to nurture and then sell on(this is what smurf wants to do) but to insert clever sell on clauses in any deal which would mean cash now and cash if they become more successful,i have faith in Smurf doing this whereas the last lot there was no chance:rolleyes:.

I just think this is important with having players like Andoh,Streete and if they progress Boot,Hooper for the first time in a long time we actually might be getting players that we will actually make some money on in the future:yes:

Advert

I wouldn't disagree with any of that though I would add (and probably for about the two hundredth time):

If possible, we need to agree long-term contracts with our key players before the January window opens.

If Andoh continues his development it makes total sense to try and get him tied down to a new deal by December. If he's out of contract in the summer that (of course) leaves us open to rival bids but I would even be worried about January as bigger clubs may note he's only got a few months left and make a small bid. Even if that bid is rejected, it's then a problem as the player now knows a bigger club is interested and would presumably have no interest in agreeing a new Vale deal.

I know it's easier said than done and you've got to be something of a crystal ball gazer to predict what players will progress into real assets, but I do think the club has to try and do so otherwise we risk losing them for nothing when their deals run out.

I agree 100% Rob,when Smurf came in he did say we would no longer be a club who would let contracts run down or let our best young players go(Morsy) BUT last season they all ran down,so as you say i would be offering Andoh another 2 yr deal or a new 3yr one and tell him if a decent club comes in with a decent offer we would let him talk to them.

It's such a shame we couldn't of afforded the 600k for Inniss in the summer,i am sure in a few years he will be worth a fair whack

I appreciate that it's a gamble in some ways (someone can not live up to early hype or be hit with injuries) but the only way you will get decent money is if you act to get your most promising players on contracts. And to do that, you can't afford to wait till the last minute to offer them one.

I would really hope that Andoh continues developing and in an ideal world, the likes of Nathan Smith and Ryan Boot start to come into the first-team picture (perhaps next season for Smith)...

But I guess the problem is that some young players don't continue to develop (you may have thought Sam Johnson deserved a long-term deal when he first came into the team but some would argue his career has stalled).

So when is the right time to offer it? Too early and you may be wasting money on someone who won't develop - too late and you could end up losing them. I guess that's for the owner and coaches to decide. I just hope they make the right decisions.

:fingerscrossed:

Could admin please leave this in the Vale section because although it is other football it is also Vale related.thank you

I see that Barnsley will make a mint when Stones gets sold and now it looks like Andre Gray is going to leave Brentford for around 9m:ohmy:,if he does then Luton will get around 1.6m from the deal,now for me this shows the importance of not only bringing in younger players for us to nurture and then sell on(this is what smurf wants to do) but to insert clever sell on clauses in any deal which would mean cash now and cash if they become more successful,i have faith in Smurf doing this whereas the last lot there was no chance:rolleyes:.

I just think this is important with having players like Andoh,Streete and if they progress Boot,Hooper for the first time in a long time we actually might be getting players that we will actually make some money on in the future:yes:

After we've made it too the Championship of course.;)

With Inniss it wouldn't just be £600k , it would be committing to the full wages too. As for selling on payments, the buying club would have to agree to it too. You would probably get more up front with no sell on. ITs not always as easy as it seems.

I know what you are saying but plenty of teams seem to manage to put those clauses in

Archived