onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Parking

Advert

What about the people who can not walk far,people at an older age,people that travel to Vale by car because they live out of the area?

Yeah I understand, why I said I kind of feel bad, but in a way, there's other ways to travel, and there are plenty of other places to park, I've been going around 15 years now and never had problems finding free parking within 500 metres of the ground. Never paid once.

And yeah, if we don't park, we get the bus or a taxi. With it being so much to park anyway, sharing a taxi or getting the bus is WAY cheaper.

Not when you're travelling in from where I live, talking more like £40 for a trip there and back. Permit charge for the season is far cheaper than a taxi, think it was £75 last season. I know there are other ways to get there but the 3 people I go with are all in their 70's and appreciate the closeness you can park

Massive own goal by Norman I think. If he had paid the reasonable asking price all of this would have been solved and he would have had a saleable asset if he wanted his money back. Parking money and renting out the building would have given a good return on the £1.25 million. Let's hope we can come to some arrangement with the new owners for use of the car park outside working hours. I don't park there but I have had my car window broken while parking on the street and so have other people I know.

Massive own goal by Norman I think. If he had paid the reasonable asking price all of this would have been solved and he would have had a saleable asset if he wanted his money back. Parking money and renting out the building would have given a good return on the £1.25 million. Let's hope we can come to some arrangement with the new owners for use of the car park outside working hours. I don't park there but I have had my car window broken while parking on the street and so have other people I know.

Another dig at the chairman. Why don’t you pay for it out of your own pocket then? The club needs to be self-sustainable and we cant keep expecting Norman to pay for things out of his own pocket. He has done a tremendous amount for this club already and has only been here a couple of years.

I'd be more worried if he spent 1.5 million on a car park which would face further work to actually resemble a real one.

If there is that kind of money floating around it should be in the squad or if it needs to be spent on buildings, then finishing the Lorne Street stand as that would bring in more money than £3 parking charges with all the associated catering and premium for sitting there

I don't own a football club adjacent to the land and haven't used it for parking for people to come and watch an event at my football club for years either. If Norman had bought it he would be able to use the land for his own purposes and it would have returned an income plus be a saleable asset, not like spending £50K for a player to play for us until the end of the season.

So you think that property and land is worth the same money that the Chairman paid for Vale Park. I think it is vastly over priced at the money they are asking and probably think that the Vale need it more than any one else a and will pay an excessive price to own land that abuts the football club. I really can't see it being worth much to anyone else as there are much better plots of commercial lots around the city with better road links to the motorways etc. I can see this building/land being for sale for a long time and I am sure that the building will soon start to deteriorate and will be worth nothing more than just the land value in a very short time.

If the Chairman has made a sensible bid for the premises then they would be silly not to seriously consider it.

Not when you're travelling in from where I live, talking more like £40 for a trip there and back. Permit charge for the season is far cheaper than a taxi, think it was £75 last season. I know there are other ways to get there but the 3 people I go with are all in their 70's and appreciate the closeness you can park

Again, I get it is very close, but in the last 15 years I've never had trouble parking on the estate right above the ground, there is always ample FREE parking. it's maybe an extra few hundred metres to walk, takes us about 5 minutes to walk to the ground.

So you think that property and land is worth the same money that the Chairman paid for Vale Park. I think it is vastly over priced at the money they are asking and probably think that the Vale need it more than any one else a and will pay an excessive price to own land that abuts the football club. I really can't see it being worth much to anyone else as there are much better plots of commercial lots around the city with better road links to the motorways etc. I can see this building/land being for sale for a long time and I am sure that the building will soon start to deteriorate and will be worth nothing more than just the land value in a very short time.

If the Chairman has made a sensible bid for the premises then they would be silly not to seriously consider it.

But they own it and can ask what they like. If only 500 people fail to attend matches because of a perceived lack of safe and convenient parking that will cost the club roughly £200K in a season. Similar buildings are available for rent in the area at £20K a month, i.e £240K a year. 500 cars at £5 a pop for 23 games, £50K.

Archived