onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Parking

Advert

Have I missed something?

He is right...

The less able bodied and the older people will have to walk further and it might put them off.More so in poor weather.

The local residents will not be happy about the extra cars taking up parking spaces in the streets.Some of them might find that they find they can not park outside their house on their return home.Some of them might not be able to get their car out due to inconsiderate parking,blocking off their drive way.Some of the streets are narrow so parking on both sides of the street could be a problem.When parked on the car park there could be better security for the car and its contents.Its not unknown for cars to be damaged,broke into on match days when parked on Park estate,Stanfields.

Like I said before though, I've done it 15 years, never used the car park, never had any problems, it's a 5 minute (10 if you're slow) walk. If you have trouble walking that, and no offence meant, how have you got the energy for a Vale game? Haha the match stresses me out more than any travel issues.

Like I said before though, I've done it 15 years, never used the car park, never had any problems, it's a 5 minute (10 if you're slow) walk. If you have trouble walking that, and no offence meant, how have you got the energy for a Vale game? Haha the match stresses me out more than any travel issues.

There will also be traffic trying to go in all directions after the match.That could be chaos and lead to more accidents,frayed tempers.Will more police be needed to control the traffic?Will they TRY to pass costs on to Vale?

There will also be traffic trying to go in all directions after the match.That could be chaos and lead to more accidents,frayed tempers.Will more police be needed to control the traffic?Will they TRY to pass costs on to Vale?

Wasn't really addressing every issue, just saying it's a pretty poor excuse to put you off going. There is not a lot that would put me off going to the Vale.

Wasn't really addressing every issue, just saying it's a pretty poor excuse to put you off going. There is not a lot that would put me off going to the Vale.

Totally agree, this is something that's out of the control of the club. I don't see why it should have any real negative impact given that the club have two car parks even closer than this one and that there is copious street parking.

There is also dimensions if it's still available which isn't all that much further?

Well I never even have to search for a spot, usually pull on the estate, drive as close as possible (usually park outside May St. Chippy) and that's it, I have never not been able to find a place. I'm pretty sure a lot more could fit on there, and it's not that much trouble for residents, as by 7-745PM, most have finished work so will have already parked their own car, and at 3PM Saturday, a lot of people are either not working and already at home, or are out for the day (and parking is only needed for 2~ hours).

How do people expect us to deal with 8-10K if we manage to reach the higher leagues? Even if there was a car park still, chances are it'd be full and people would have to walk the distance regardless.

It might actually help traffic dispersal after the game rather than having 400 cars getting out of one entrance.

Those 400 or so cars will be coming off the one car park.So the backlog will mainly be on the car park.It will also be easier to police/control.When these 400or so car are parked in many different places the congestion will probably be in those extra places and more difficult to police/ control.

It will not be putting me off though.Because I walk to and from the ground and I live near enough to the ground that I don't need to use my car.

Those 400 or so cars will be coming off the one car park.So the backlog will mainly be on the car park.It will also be easier to police/control.When these 400or so car are parked in many different places the congestion will probably be in those extra places and more difficult to police/ control.

The police never once tried to control traffic coming off the co-op car park and it's always been an every person for themselves nightmare!

The police never once tried to control traffic coming off the co-op car park and it's always been an every person for themselves nightmare!

Wolves game they blocked the bottom of Hamil road off.

i have seen police directing traffic where you come out of Hamil road on to Moorland road many times.

Archived