onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Replacement for Pope?

robf

Advert

Page and smurf have got one hell of a task on now to get a striker in who will sell season tickets to the remaining fans who are in two minds. My guess is that sales are down anyway from last year so signing a decent striker would certainly help. Fingers crossed they have someone in mind. If vale start the season with Williamson as main striker, god help us.

The more I think about this, the more I get depressed. So I try not to think.

I had a quick browse last night and it doesn't look like there's anyone who just happens to be floating around having been released by their club.

We do now need two forwards and not one.

But we also need two centre backs and a few midfielders!

And if Marshall and O'Connor leave today then we almost need an entirely new team.

We might need to reach for the gin bottle or tables by the end of today.;)

I had a quick browse last night and it doesn't look like there's anyone who just happens to be floating around having been released by their club.

I did much the same. I guess it may well be someone from a higher club's reserves/academy that we may not have heard about.

I guess the silver lining is that players like Steve McPhee/Steve Brooker came that way and did OK. That said... so did Alex Nimely... :angry:

p.s. As I mentioned elsewhere, Enoch Andoh looked to be used upfront with some success by Ghana U23. He may be a useful back-up player perhaps?

I did much the same. I guess it may well be someone from a higher club's reserves/academy that we may not have heard about.

I guess the silver lining is that players like Steve McPhee/Steve Brooker came that way and did OK. That said... so did Alex Nimely... :angry:

p.s. As I mentioned elsewhere, Enoch Andoh looked to be used upfront with some success by Ghana U23. He may be a useful back-up player perhaps?

To get a decent experienced number 9 with a good goalscoring record then we will have to find one who's out of contract and offer him the going rate, like Bury did. If Norman thought Pope was overvalued then the wages of some of the replacements he will be offered by agents may come as a shock.

We're into unknown territory if we're looking for the next Brooker or McPhee. A good strategy on paper but without a scouting system in place it could be a massive gamble. We would be relying on Bodin's contacts presumably

Well our chief scout Norman Smurtwaite did say on Signal Radio a couple of weeks ago on the Saturday afternoon Sports programme that they had a replacement lined up if Tom Pope left and he was confident the player could fill TPs goals.

Lets hope that that is the case:unsure:

Archived