onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England Cricket 2015 - Windies, NZ and the Ashes

Robbie Earle's Perm

His book last year was explosive stuff - criticising very many of the current England team as well as Prior and Flower in very ungracious terms, shall we say. After publishing that I can't see how he can ever build bridges and make amends.

He must share some of the blame.

But in my view he is a very entertaining cricketer and to speak of Ballance in the same class as KP is, at present, ridiculous.

He scored almost 300 in one day. He is one of the top run scorers in the Big Bash. The bloke has enormous talent and has been outstanding at times for England. It's a great and crying shame we can't see him facing Johnson in the summer. There is no way on god's earth that he is not among our best 5-6 batsmen. I'm sorry it has ended like this. I love watching him play - more than any other current English batsmen. He gets people off their feet. Everyone empties the bar when he's batting. Like Botham and Flintoff he has that X factor that crowds love.

It is very odd, mind, that he's sacked from the test team but asked to help out the limited overs side. Inconsistent or what?

And if the Chairman of the ECB told him he had a chance if he made runs, then there's some explaining to do.

If we get hammered in the Ashes - and I think it could happen - then we haven't heard the last of KP. We're blown away by the Aussies while our star player sits at home. I doubt we've heard the last of this.

Advert

Agree with all of that TheSage. I can see a shambolic defeat to New Zealand leading to further calls for a return, whatever Strauss says. Some of the ECB's comments smack of double standards to say the least. However Pietersen's book is never going to see him in a good light with some players again. You simply can't go around dishing out character assassinations however good a player you are. All very sad if it does end this way as he's one of the best players I've seen pick up a bat in recent times!

I had it pointed out to me a while ago that there is neither a K or a P in TEAM but both appear in P R 1 C K. Great cricketer, stupid bloke.
Isn't the first part about 'Great Cricketer' the most important Jean. He should have been punished for his actions then let him get on with what he does better than any other England player.

I'd like to see him back but the book I think has put the kibosh on that.

It really was an awful rant about many of his colleagues in the England team. Read it if you haven't had the 'pleasure'!

If someone published a diatribe like that about his mates at work then I don't think any of them would forgive and forget him. You wouldn't and I wouldn't. And there have been more issues, apart from the book, culminating in Strauss calling him a c***t, of course.

That said, the two main ones he kicked in his book are both now off the scene ("Big Cheese" Prior & Flower).

And it was daft of Graves to offer him a chance if it wasn't a serious olive branch.

Sport throws up the odd maverick. And KP seems to be an awkward and arrogant person. But honestly if you watch cricket regularly he has a touch of stardust about him that makes you want to tip your beer down the sink and get back to your seat to watch him.

At his best he's as good a batsman as anyone in the world and one of the most entertaining.

It's like going to watch Man Utd but being told that Best isn't playing. In some ways it's plain daft, but he has brought it upon himself in the best traditions of Shakespearian tragedy.

Like V2001 I bet it would make a good TV drama :)

His statement proved why they don't went him..it's all about KP

All he had to say was "I am saddened by the decison and angered by how it's been made. However, now I'm now going to go and score loads of runs to make it even more difficult not to select me but I wish England all the very best during the summer."

The ECB incompetent? Of course they are!! The new chirman/whatever was really stupid to talke about the slate being wiped clean and all that when it wasn't his call

They probably just offered him the advisory role so they could say "Well we tried and he turned us down..that's how little he cares about English cricket" or something like that

Another mess created by the imbeciles in charge.

Don't tell him to get his head down, find a county, score runs if you have no intent of meaning it. He's playing for Surrey for nowt, he gave up his initial £250k IPL and gets treated like dirt.

The cretin Strauss talks about trust when they've done him over completely.

Personally I don't think he should walk straight back in as 3,4 and 5 are settled but what if one of those players gets injured. Cook and Strauss have hung themselves.

Sports teams are littered with team mates that hated each other like Cole and Sheringham and more relevantly Trueman and the rest of his teammates, Boycott and the rest of his teammates, Gilchrist and Warne as an example.

The Aussies over here are all laughing at how ****ing useless the ECB and the new board are. They remove Moores (rightly in my opinion) but he finds out on the field of play, details of the KP meeting are leaked to the BBC and Strauss won't be honest enough to say who has the problem with KP. He talks about trust when he doesn't actually start the job for 2 weeks + and he's already damaged trust 3 times.

As for that insulting offer to be a 1 day consultant - words fail me!

KP is indeed a **** at times, mavericks sometimes are, you just have to manage them better. The ECB continue to fail massively.

Shameful behaviour by the board who are doing their best to damage our game and disrespect the people that pay their wages - us the fans!

Archived