onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

(OVF) Smurthwaite warns players over futures

Guest OVF Feature

Guest OVF Feature

Norman Smurthwaite has tweeted about Vale’s defeat to Crawley and warned players that they are playing for their futures. Vale...

Read more

This is an automated feed from the OVF front page

Advert

Spot on Smurf.Players and manager really do need to get their act together and they need to do it quick.

'Buck up or pack up'

Smurf is correct, I am surprised it has taken him this long to realize that we are by no means strong enough on the pitch to compete for promotion from this division.

The squad of some 28 players (not sure how many are drawing a wage at present tbh) needs cutting drastically.

Do we need a manager who has a proven track record in this division to achieve both our and the Chairmans goals?

This result has been on the cards.

Something has to change on the pitch, that will cost money. We must go with less in terms of heads but be sure to appoint a manager who will assemble the quality of player to challenge in this league. Is this Rob Page?

Part of me feel he deserves a go, can we afford the risk?

There needs to be a clearout big-time from the playing and coaching staff.

There needs to be confirmation of the better players either staying or going. New faces are required prior to the expiry of any ticket offer.

I am a fan of 40 years, if I am questioning the purchase of a season ticket, then there are hundreds who will walk.

Last night quite frankly was a disgrace.

The problems go a little deeper than players alone.... its effort, style of play, commitment, entertainment and a whole lot more,

A win may paper over the cracks but a defeat blows the wide open.... defeats are easier to swallow if the team, tactics etc are putting their all into doing the best they can and making the effort

Smurf is correct, I am surprised it has taken him this long to realize that we are by no means strong enough on the pitch to compete for promotion from this division.

The squad of some 28 players (not sure how many are drawing a wage at present tbh) needs cutting drastically.

Do we need a manager who has a proven track record in this division to achieve both our and the Chairmans goals?

This result has been on the cards.

Something has to change on the pitch, that will cost money. We must go with less in terms of heads but be sure to appoint a manager who will assemble the quality of player to challenge in this league. Is this Rob Page?

Part of me feel he deserves a go, can we afford the risk?

There needs to be a clearout big-time from the playing and coaching staff.

There needs to be confirmation of the better players either staying or going. New faces are required prior to the expiry of any ticket offer.

I am a fan of 40 years, if I am questioning the purchase of a season ticket, then there are hundreds who will walk.

Last night quite frankly was a disgrace.

Spot on. When I look at last night's result and then think of the Rudge years, I wonder if I dreamt it all. With these players (with a few honourable exceptions) and this management team, we're not going to get back there. Norman in his unsubtle way has told them the truth - they'll be gone in the summer if they don't buck their ideas up. Just what everyone on here has been saying for yonks. Too many players and too little quality.

Heres a thought for Mr Page - Let Mark Grew and Dean Glover have their oppinions, and, as valued members of the greater Port Vale team, listen carefully to the advice and opinions they offer. Think carefully, mull it over, take care to take into account their experiences as PLAYERS and then as part of the management setups they have been part of. Do it with due deference to their age etc etc.

AND THEN ****ING IGNORE IT and do your own thing because its YOUR job on the line -

Archived